• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Drum roll: Clinton unveils 'stronger together' slogan

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Drum roll: Clinton unveils 'stronger together' slogan | Fox News

694940094001_4907531959001_052316-ff-clinton-1280.jpg

Hillary Clinton famously handed the Russians a red “reset” button when she took the helm as secretary of state. Now, she’s hitting that same button on her campaign message – unveiling a new slogan as she struggles to simultaneously heal divisions in the party and take on a surging Donald Trump.
That slogan? “Stronger Together.”
The Democratic presidential front-runner repeatedly used that phrase in a weekend interview, when asked to explain her campaign’s “big idea.”
“Look, we are stronger together. We are stronger together in facing our internal challenges and our external ones. We are stronger together if we work to improve the economy,” Clinton said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Another collectivist slogan. :roll: A little tooth whitener would help.

Another collectivist slogan. :roll: A little tooth whitener would help.

I know, right? Sort of like that commie motto "E pluribus unum".

I think we should make the US motto: "I got mine".

Not hardly. But keep trying to take things out of context. You probably have a copy of "It takes a Village" on your nightstand.

It might be better if it was "I earned mine"

Not hardly. But keep trying to take things out of context. You probably have a copy of "It takes a Village" on your nightstand.

I greatly dislike Clinton and won't be voting for her. But this particular criticism is ridiculous.

I greatly dislike Clinton and won't be voting for her. But this particular criticism is ridiculous.

Her "village" is the government control type, not a group of friendly neighbors looking out for each other. Don't fool yourself.

Her "village" is the government control type, not a group of friendly neighbors looking out for each other. Don't fool yourself.

Where is the non-government controlled village with friendly neighbors who look out for each other?

Where is the non-government controlled village with friendly neighbors who look out for each other?

My parents and their neighbors would be an example.

:shrug: most places that I have lived.

Two weeks ago I had to take my wife to the hospital. My neighbor took my kids for the night and half the next morning without a second thought. Starting next week, we are taking another neighbors so she can go do the necessary work to open up a daycare in her house. Neighbors have helped me put up swingsets and move my house, I've helped them figure out finances and with menial labor and babysitting - we take care of each other.

I kinda liked the "We should be building bridges not walls". It was an obvious concoction but it carried a certain imagery.
What about he's a "Loose cannon." I thought that had legs.

She'll read & repeat anything they put in front of her but I want to see what they come up with for the gender identity thing.
Something like "When I look at **** in a public toilet I don't care whose *** it came out of."
It's catchy and it makes the point.
Too subtle?

Anthony Serna wrote this:

HILLARY’S TOP TEN QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE PRESIDENCY

10. She was summarily dismissed from her position on the Watergate investigation for actions that were unethical, illegal, and bordered on criminal.

9. She is a huge admirer and advocate of Saul Alinski.

8. She carpet-bagged her way into a Senate seat from a state in which she had never lived and accomplished absolutely nothing while in office.

7. She claims to be a champion of women’s rights, yet she stood idly by when Clinton staff members and the press vilified, ridiculed, and character assassinated the various women her husband had known affairs with.

6. She talks of wage disparity but pays her female staffers about 70% of what male staffers in comparable positions are paid.

5. She was Secretary of State and accomplished nothing except some photo ops, and then ducked all responsibility for The Benghazi disaster and insisted that the key to better relations with Russia was to, “Hit the Reset Button” with President Putin. We see how well that worked.

4. Like Brian Williams, she made up stories about landing under fire in foreign areas of conflict strictly for her own aggrandizement.

3. Like her predecessor, she is for redistribution of wealth… other people’s wealth.

2. She has an aide named “Huma.”

1. And Number one and my favorite, “IT’S TIME FOR A WOMAN!”

God help us

Yeah, it's a **** slogan, given that it highlights the fact that she doesn't have party unity, and it just sidesteps her responsibility for uniting the party (at this point, she seems more interested in dividing the party than uniting it). So the slogan is kind of a farce. I'm not sure that she'll ever understand that she needs more than words to appease Sanders supporters. Or they can words, just the right words:

"I will work towards a single-payer, medicare-for-all healthcare system."
"I will work on publicly financed elections and banning all corporate donations to politics."
"I will work on making colleges to be free education, in addition to what I said about allowing students to refinance debt and banning government profits from student loans. Only I really mean it this time."
etc

I wish I could like this post twice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom