• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Drugs And Vaccines Cannot Alone Eliminate COVID 19 and the Variants....... THINK Healthier Diets Vita D3, Vita C , Powerful Multiple Vitamins, Water

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.

COVID-19 Deadly Serious

As COVID-19 claims its 1 millionth death, one thing has become clear: We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.

The greatest risk factor for death from COVID-19 is poor health. According to the CDC, 94 percent of death certificates for COVID-19 victims in the U.S. were in people with pre-existing health conditions including diabetes, obesity, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, dementia and hypertension.

These health conditions are the real 21st century plague, caused by the non-stop consumption of addictive junk foods that make-up 60 percent or more of the calories in the typical American diet. Calorie- and chemical-laden, they destroy our health, our gut microbiomes and our immune systems, leaving us, as individuals, vulnerable to disease and our world vulnerable to destructive pandemics.

We must stop believing the industry propaganda spouted by Big Food, Big Ag and Big Pharma that chronic disease and the co-morbidities that accompany the vast majority of COVID-19 deaths are “normal” or “natural.” They’re not!

Our global health emergency cannot be solved without a fundamental change in our diets and our industrialized Big Ag and Big Food practices.

1. COVID-19 Deadly Serious We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.
    COVID-19 Deadly Serious As COVID-19 claims its 1 millionth death, one thing has become clear...

Don't forget rest and exercise ........

We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.

COVID-19 Deadly Serious

As COVID-19 claims its 1 millionth death, one thing has become clear: We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.

The greatest risk factor for death from COVID-19 is poor health. According to the CDC, 94 percent of death certificates for COVID-19 victims in the U.S. were in people with pre-existing health conditions including diabetes, obesity, heart disease, lung disease, kidney disease, dementia and hypertension.

These health conditions are the real 21st century plague, caused by the non-stop consumption of addictive junk foods that make-up 60 percent or more of the calories in the typical American diet. Calorie- and chemical-laden, they destroy our health, our gut microbiomes and our immune systems, leaving us, as individuals, vulnerable to disease and our world vulnerable to destructive pandemics.

We must stop believing the industry propaganda spouted by Big Food, Big Ag and Big Pharma that chronic disease and the co-morbidities that accompany the vast majority of COVID-19 deaths are “normal” or “natural.” They’re not!

Our global health emergency cannot be solved without a fundamental change in our diets and our industrialized Big Ag and Big Food practices.

1. COVID-19 Deadly Serious We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it.
    COVID-19 Deadly Serious As COVID-19 claims its 1 millionth death, one thing has become clear...
Sorry to have to say this but.....

This is mostly nonsense.

Saying that Vitamins, Vegan diets and taking other kinds of "natural" health supplements are necessary to prevail over COVID-19 "and the variants".....is like saying that wearing a hat is necessary to prevent sunburn. It might help, but not much (if at all). And it would be foolish for anyone to believe otherwise.

Covid-19 infections are not something that is amenable to "wholistic medicine". There is no SCIENCE behind that argument.

Covid-19 is not ever going to be "eliminated", either. It will be, however, controlled (just like many other highly virulent and contagious viruses like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, etc.)

Even if the entire country (or world?) decided to adopt an organic vegan diet today (as you might advocate), it would have no dramatic impact on health outcomes over the foreseeable future.

Healthier eating is an agenda I support, btw. But it's not the answer to what we're dealing with right now. The answer is vaccination. Until about 82% of the country (and world) has been vaccinated, this Delta variant will continue to spread (and evolve).

Sorry to have to say this but.....

This is mostly nonsense.

Saying that Vitamins, Vegan diets and taking other kinds of "natural" health supplements are necessary to prevail over COVID-19 "and the variants".....is like saying that wearing a hat is necessary to prevent sunburn. It might help, but not much (if at all). And it would be foolish for anyone to believe otherwise.

Covid-19 infections are not something that is amenable to "wholistic medicine". There is no SCIENCE behind that argument.

Covid-19 is not ever going to be "eliminated", either. It will be, however, controlled (just like many other highly virulent and contagious viruses like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, etc.)

Even if the entire country (or world?) decided to adopt an organic vegan diet today (as you might advocate), it would have no dramatic impact on health outcomes over the foreseeable future.

Healthier eating is an agenda I support, btw. But it's not the answer to what we're dealing with right now. The answer is vaccination. Until about 82% of the country (and world) has been vaccinated, this Delta variant will continue to spread (and evolve).
Do you know what it costs to do genome testing? Delta variant lmfao, what’s next?
Case in point, last week 140 out of 141 hospitalized patients with Covid were fully vaccinated! You are talking rubbish

Do you know what it costs to do genome testing? Delta variant lmfao, what’s next?
Case in point, last week 140 out of 141 hospitalized patients with Covid were fully vaccinated! You are talking rubbish
Link?

COVID-19 Deadly Serious

Didn't see you as one to parrot anti-vaxxer rhetoric.

COVID-19 Deadly Serious

This is all about reinforcing the immune system during this invasion. FYI I am neither vegan, gluten free nor dairy free however I eat no meat which still leaves a broad selection of good foods to ingest to strengthen the immune system at
every opportunity. This diet can work in conjunction with vaccines. Our immune system is a powerful tool then again COVID 19 and the Variants are also quite powerful.

Didn't see you as one to parrot anti-vaxxer rhetoric.
We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it BUT they can be substantial force in keeping
this mess at bay. Just as keeping our immune systems healthy can also be part of the substantial force.

Thanks for getting my attention......

We are all a threat to each other therefore wearing a mask out and around is imperative. What in the hell was the GOP thinking when their policy of turning a blind eye became the order of the day.
To this day the GOP does not give a damn how many have died or how many more will die. Prosecutions should be in the air.

Do you know what it costs to do genome testing?
yes I do. What point are you trying to make?
Delta variant lmfao, what’s next?
???

Is there an actual point to this mumbo-jumbo?

Case in point, last week 140 out of 141 hospitalized patients with Covid were fully vaccinated!
Huh?

I won't even waste my time asking you for a link to this fakenews b.s.

Stop lying, please. It makes you seem dumb.

You are talking rubbish
Well, between you and me, ONE of us is certainly confused and/or dishonest.

Oh - -you cut bait and ran over here to post the same crap I busted ya out on from the other thread???

This is the only article I can find with that 141 #

"There are currently 141 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 43 people in intensive care, 18 of whom require ventilation.

Of the 43 people in intensive care, 42 have not been vaccinated."

That's why I asked for HB's link

This is all about reinforcing the immune system during this invasion.
I have absolutely no problem with that.

The problem is that there is very, very little SCIENTIFIC evidence that vitamins and nutritional supplements do much (if anything) to boost immune system. The FACT is that we get all our bodies need simply by eating a balanced diet.

Again, there is virtually ZERO evidence that supplementals do much (if anything) to boost our immune systems. In reality, you're probably better off spending your money on other things.

Now, if you're one of those people who simply does not trust science/medicine.....I get it. I don't agree with it, at all, because I'm a science guy. Most people are business types. So it's not like you're alone in that mindset.

The entire Nutritional Supplement industry doesn't exist...and reap $150 BILLION in profits every year....for no reason. There are a lot of people who'd rather believe in the "THEY don't want you to know about 'natural' cures" conspiracy theory...than in the actual Science.
This diet can work in conjunction with vaccines.
There is literally ZERO scientific evidence to support this feeling/belief. All one needs is to eat a balanced diet (with, or without animal proteins).

Our immune system is a powerful tool then again COVID 19 and the Variants are also quite powerful.
This is all true....and totally irrelevant to any unsupported efficacy claims about nutritional supplements or vitamins in fighting off Covid-19 infections.

We can’t solve this global health crisis by throwing more vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs at it BUT they can be substantial force in keeping this mess at bay
This is just wrong. In FACT, you've got it all backwards.

In reality, that's EXACTLY how we are going to end this worldwide pandemic.

"Vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs" is EXACTLY how it's going to happen. Everything else (masks, quarantines, lockdowns, etc. etc.) is just meant to buy time and reduce morbidity and mortality.

Vitamins and other supplementals won't hurt, but there is virtually ZERO evidence that they will help prevent, or treat Covid-19 infections at all.

The problem is that there is very, very little SCIENTIFIC evidence that vitamins and nutritional supplements do much (if anything) to boost immune system. The FACT is that we get all our bodies need simply by eating a balanced diet.

Again, there is virtually ZERO evidence that supplementals do much (if anything) to boost our immune systems. In reality, you're probably better off spending your money on other things.

Now, if you're one of those people who simply does not trust science/medicine.....I get it. I don't agree with it, at all, because I'm a science guy. Most people are business types. So it's not like you're alone in that mindset.

The entire Nutritional Supplement industry doesn't exist...and reap $150 BILLION in profits every year....for no reason. There are a lot of people who'd rather believe in the "THEY don't want you to know about 'natural' cures" conspiracy theory...than in the actual Science.

There is literally ZERO scientific evidence to support this feeling/belief. All one needs is to eat a balanced diet (with, or without animal proteins).

This is all true....and totally irrelevant to any unsupported efficacy claims about nutritional supplements or vitamins in fighting off Covid-19 infections.

"Vaccines and pharmaceutical drugs" is EXACTLY how it's going to happen. Everything else (masks, quarantines, lockdowns, etc. etc.) is just meant to buy time and reduce morbidity and mortality.

Vitamins and other supplementals won't hurt, but there is virtually ZERO evidence that they will help prevent, or treat Covid-19 infections at all.

So much opinion in addition to mine then again I believe supplements can provide a boost not only to your immune system system also think sex life both of which boost your immune system.

1. Health Benefits of Orgasm That'll Make You Want to Get Busy ...

www.shape.com › sex-and-love › benefits-of-orgasm
    Research has shown that one of the biggest health benefits of orgasm is that it boosts your immune system. A study of college students showed that those who had sex once or twice a week had immunoglobulin levels 30 percent higher than those who were abstinent.
  2. Effects of sexual arousal on lymphocyte subset circulation ...

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › 15316239
    Sexual arousal and orgasm increased the absolute number of leukocytes, in particular natural killer cells (CD3-CD16+CD56+), in the peripheral blood. In contrast, T cell (CD3+) and B cell (CD3-CD20+) subpopulations as well as the production of interleukin 6 and tumor necrosins factor alpha remained unaffected by sexual activity.
  3. A Sex Coach Tells Us Why She Recommends at Least One Orgasm a Day

www.thebody.com › article › sex-coach-recommends-at
    Orgasms Boost Your Immune System While the often-cited 2004 study used to support this claim was done with a small sample size (calling all sex researchers, we need you!), the results were...
  4. The ONE Surprising Effect Sex Has On Your Immune System

www.bustle.com › articles › 123061-the-one
    In fact, according to a study by Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania of 112 students, having sex once or twice a week lead to 30 percent higher levels of IgA. So sex is giving your...

now back to

THINK Healthier Diets, Vita D3, Vita C , Powerful Multiple Vitamins, Water, exercise and good rest​

So much opinion in addition to mine then again I believe supplements can provide a boost not only to your immune system system also think sex life both of which boost your immune system.
Make no mistake, you are expressing opinions. I'm telling you the facts.

Your "beliefs" aren't supported by the Science.

But it's cool.

For those who are reading, just eat a balanced diet. There is ZERO evidence that additional nutritional supplements do ANYTHING to boost the immune system.

And if you want to NOT DIE FROM COVID-19.....get vaccinated ASAP. It doesn't mater which one (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J)....just get the first one that you can find available to you, wherever you are.

Being vaccinated will not necessarily prevent you from being infected upon exposure, but it will prevent you (to the tune of 99.0001%) from dying (or even being becoming sick enough to be hospitalized) due to COVID-19.

one thing is certain ...... we need masks, this vaccine and healthy immune systems

1. Do vitamin D, zinc, and other supplements help prevent COVID ...

www.health.harvard.edu › blog › do-vitamin-d-zinc
    Apr 05, 2021 · Vitamin C is an antioxidant that has long been promoted as a key player in healthy immune function. Zinc may have antiviral activity, whether by improving immune cell function that counters viral infections or by... Some evidence (see this study and this study) suggests that combining vitamin C and ...
  2. Studies suggest 4 vitamins to lower risk of severe cases of ...

www.fox26houston.com › news › studies-suggest-4
    Dec 23, 2020 · Number 2: Vitamin C, we know it's working well. There have been some studies on COVID where vitamin C has shown to have very good benefits in the outcome of an illness. Number 3: Zinc stops viral replication multiple ways, so it prevents the virus from hijacking your DNA, prevents the virus from replicating.
  3. Three vitamins, minerals to boost your immune system and ...

news.fiu.edu › 2020 › three-vitamins,-minerals-to
    • Vitamin C. This vitamin has been hailed for years as a go-to source for aiding the immune system. Palacios said vitamin C is vital for the health of leukocytes, a type of white blood cells that help fight infections.
    • Vitamin D. Most often we get our vitamin D through the sun, but throughout this time, Palacios said, taking a supplement is a good idea. She added that studies have shown that low levels of vitamin D have been associated with a greater risk of developing respiratory conditions in adults and children.
    • Zinc. Palacios said that zinc is crucial for normal development and functioning of cells mediating part of the immune system. She added that studies have shown that increased concentrations of zinc can inhibit the replication of viruses like poliovirus and SARS-coronavirus.
  4. Supplements and COVID-19: Can supplements help you fight ...

www.forestaorganics.com › supplements-and-covid-19
    Aug 03, 2021 · Supplements and COVID-19. A deficiency of even a single nutrient in your body can affect the immune response. What can supplements do to the coronavirus?
  5. Top Supplements to Help Battle Covid-19 - Newsweek

6. www.newsweek.com › amplify › top-supplements-help
    Jan 11, 2021 · Top Supplements to Help Battle Covid-19 If you want to stay resilient against infection, adding a few immune support products, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Quercetin, Glutathione/NAC, Zinc, and...
  7. These 3 Vitamins Could Save You From Severe COVID, Study Finds

www.msn.com › en-us › health
    Feb 02, 2021 · Vitamin D isn't the only supplement that could boost your chances of surviving COVID.
  8. Which vitamins and minerals help with COVID?

www.news-medical.net › news › 20210618
    Jun 18, 2021 · Vitamin B3 [niacin (nicotinic acid, pantothenic acid)] has an anti-inflammatory impact, and recent studies show that it can help reduce inflammation in patients with COVID-19 and can even be used...
  9. Here Are the Vitamins to Increase Immunity Against COVID-19

www.newsweek.com › amplify › dr-fauci-recommends
    Sep 15, 2020 · The NIH recommends 90 milligrams of Vitamin C per day for men and 75 milligrams for women. As for Vitamin D, 15 micrograms per day is the sweet spot. And if you're in search of a brand that could...

COVID-19 Deadly Serious

Don’t forget meditation

• Can Supplements Fight Coronavirus (COVID-19)? 15 Immune Boosters

www.healthline.com › immune-boosting-supplements
    • Author: Jillian Kubala, MS, RD
    • Vitamin D. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble nutrient essential to the health and functioning of your immune system. Vitamin D enhances the pathogen-fighting effects of monocytes and macrophages — white blood cells that are important parts of your immune defense — and decreases inflammation, which helps promote immune response (3).
    • Zinc. Zinc is a mineral that’s commonly added to supplements and other healthcare products like lozenges that are meant to boost your immune system. This is because zinc is essential for immune system function.
    • Vitamin C. Vitamin C is perhaps the most popular supplement taken to protect against infection due to its important role in immune health. This vitamin supports the function of various immune cells and enhances their ability to protect against infection.
    • Elderberry. Black elderberry (Sambucus nigra), which has long been used to treat infections, is being researched for its effects on immune health. In test-tube studies, elderberry extract demonstrates potent antibacterial and antiviral potential against bacterial pathogens responsible for upper respiratory tract infections and strains of the influenza virus (35, 36).

There is no scientific evidence that prove vitamins will cure anything that is true however it is still okay to keep the immune system backed up. Pharmaceuticals do not cure anything BUT will remove the symptoms. In fact it may be against the law to claim that either will cure.

Anyone saying vaccines will cure best walk away quickly from that source. If anyone is saying be sure to keep your body well hydrated during the invasion of our body that is the person to believe.

COVID-19 Deadly Serious

I can agree to that.....a healthy diet is a plus for good health and a good strong immune system. Maybe the liberals will regulate the fast food industry.

Back
Top Bottom