• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Druckenmiller: Fed robbing poor to pay rich

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Federal Reserve isn't just inflating markets but is shifting a massive amount of wealth from the middle class and poor to the rich, according to billionaire hedge fund manager Stanley Druckenmiller.

In an interview on "Squawk Box," the founder of Duquesne Capital said the Fed's policy of quantitative easing was inflating stocks and other assets held by wealthy investors like himself. But the price of making the rich richer will be paid by future generations.

"This is fantastic for every rich person," he said Thursday, a day after the Fed's stunning decision to delay tightening its monetary policy. "This is the biggest redistribution of wealth from the middle class and the poor to the rich ever."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101046937

The Federal Reserve isn't just inflating markets but is shifting a massive amount of wealth from the middle class and poor to the rich, according to billionaire hedge fund manager Stanley Druckenmiller.

In an interview on "Squawk Box," the founder of Duquesne Capital said the Fed's policy of quantitative easing was inflating stocks and other assets held by wealthy investors like himself. But the price of making the rich richer will be paid by future generations.

"This is fantastic for every rich person," he said Thursday, a day after the Fed's stunning decision to delay tightening its monetary policy. "This is the biggest redistribution of wealth from the middle class and the poor to the rich ever."Druckenmiller: Fed shifting money to rich from poor

It is a tragedy for so many American people and it is largely those same people who voted for Barrack Obama who will suffer the most. Record U.S. Poverty Rate Holds As Inequality Grows - Businessweek

It is true, but I am not sure they have a choice. If the housing market were to truly collapse, most wealth of all poor and middle class people would be lost though. In theory all this money put into QE should be pulled out in the future by the government, but Obama won't do it so the next guy has to commit political suicide in doing it or the damage cannot be undone and the dollar will flounder.

It is true, but I am not sure they have a choice. If the housing market were to truly collapse, most wealth of all poor and middle class people would be lost though. In theory all this money put into QE should be pulled out in the future by the government, but Obama won't do it so the next guy has to commit political suicide in doing it or the damage cannot be undone and the dollar will flounder.

Don't you think a billionaire who has made his money in the business would know the business?

Don't you think a billionaire who has made his money in the business would know the business?

I think a billionaire who has made his money in the business is working an angle as opposed to having a Come To Jesus moment in an interview.

From the article: "New data from Emmanuel Saez, an economist at the University of California at Berkeley, found that the top 1 percent captured 95 percent of the gains during the recovery."

The people that want more and more power, more and more control over everyone's life, the Dems; know this and have know it for a long time. But they get useful idiots to go right on along with "tax the rich" polices that seldom get paid yet keep money away from the middle and the poor.

Aside from the rich, Obamas tax increases have helped nobody yet hurt everybody but the rich. Same for his support of Bernake and the fed's policies. But the useful idiots will keep on supporting him because of expanding food stamp policies and health care they won't get through Obamacare.

Stupid is as stupid does.

I think a billionaire who has made his money in the business is working an angle as opposed to having a Come To Jesus moment in an interview.

First of all, it wasn't a come to Jesus moment. If you want to here it explained read it all or watch the interview.

From the article: "New data from Emmanuel Saez, an economist at the University of California at Berkeley, found that the top 1 percent captured 95 percent of the gains during the recovery."

The people that want more and more power, more and more control over everyone's life, the Dems; know this and have know it for a long time. But they get useful idiots to go right on along with "tax the rich" polices that seldom get paid yet keep money away from the middle and the poor.

Aside from the rich, Obamas tax increases have helped nobody yet hurt everybody but the rich. Same for his support of Bernake and the fed's policies. But the useful idiots will keep on supporting him because of expanding food stamp policies and health care they won't get through Obamacare.

Stupid is as stupid does.

He doesn't want to see that, the billionaire is lying.

So increased government theft of wealth is the answer? It isn't working now and has never worked in the past, anywhere.

So increased government theft of wealth is the answer? It isn't working now and has never worked in the past, anywhere.

It is a single data point argument you folks are making. The excess money will be pulled out of the market or the dollar will flounder until the economy grows to support the money supply. When QE ends, stocks will start pulling way back and a lot of this imaginary paper wealth will disappear.

He doesn't want to see that, the billionaire is lying.

Who is he? Obama is nothing more than part of the Dems.

But if they don't want this, why do they keep doing it? (I already provided the answer)

Who is he? Obama is nothing more than part of the Dems.

But if they don't want this, why do they keep doing it? (I already provided the answer)

He was Fisher and I was being sarcastic about the billionaire lying, sorry for the confusion.

It is a single data point argument you folks are making. The excess money will be pulled out of the market or the dollar will flounder until the economy grows to support the money supply. When QE ends, stocks will start pulling way back and a lot of this imaginary paper wealth will disappear.

If you have made millions in imaginary wealth using QE the last five years, sell all your stocks Monday. You will be busy counting "imaginary" money for awhile.

If you have made millions in imaginary wealth using QE the last five years, sell all your stocks Monday. You will be busy counting "imaginary" money for awhile.

It is like the Antique's Roadshow when they show old footage and then tell you if the estimate then is higher or lower than it is now. There are ways to make money on things going up; and ways to make it on things going down. He made his wealth as a hedge fund manager which might give you a clue that he is angling on something.

He also thinks old people have stolen wealth from young people. It is just another one of those things to get free press as far as I can tell.

Go figure. Worked pretty well in busting the railroad tycoons. Worked decent following the Great Depression, too...but WW2 takes more credit in that dept. worked fantastically following WW2. Worked right on into the 60s. Late sixties, things took a turn. Then in the 80s it fell off a cliff.

Funny stuff, that history.

Except that businesses operate on that imaginary paper wealth.

It is like the Antique's Roadshow when they show old footage and then tell you if the estimate then is higher or lower than it is now. There are ways to make money on things going up; and ways to make it on things going down. He made his wealth as a hedge fund manager which might give you a clue that he is angling on something.

He also thinks old people have stolen wealth from young people. It is just another one of those things to get free press as far as I can tell.
Old people who are TOO old DO steal wealth from young people. They're all supposed to die about 15 years after SS payments start.

Maybe he does want the free press. Lot's of folks do.

If somebody has a legal angle to use to make money, so be it. Hedge fund managers have made millions, hedge fund managers have lost millions. But either way, he's right about QE.
The poor and the middle are and will be even more screwed by it later.

Also, antiques road show is fascinating. I have used it to teach my wife a thing or two. Sometimes people from wealthy old families get on there, with Tiffany jewelry from the 20s or so, and she thinks those people have just made a fortune when it gets appraised at 75k or whatever...then I explain that, new, it was purchased at 2-4k, which was more than a model T, and halfway to owning a house back then. Way back. When a penny had value. And she's like...Oh.

Go figure. Worked pretty well in busting the railroad tycoons. Worked decent following the Great Depression, too...but WW2 takes more credit in that dept. worked fantastically following WW2. Worked right on into the 60s. Late sixties, things took a turn. Then in the 80s it fell off a cliff.

When history is told that way, it is funny.

Hmmmm... I don't know about that. The middle class own a lot of stocks and funds in their 401ks. I wouldn't put much "stock" in something a hedge fund manager says about what's good for the middle class.

Besides....the stock market often rises and falls for seemingly mysterious reasons, having nothing to do with anything done by the government.

"This is fantastic for every rich person," he said Thursday, a day after the Fed's stunning decision to delay tightening its monetary policy. "This is the biggest redistribution of wealth from the middle class and the poor to the rich ever."

Druckenmiller: Fed shifting money to rich from poor

Is that the redistribution of income that Obama said he favored?

Gosh, sounds all Marxist and such, doesn't it?

You must refer to Reaganomics.

Back
Top Bottom