• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Drop the charges against Scooter Libby

scottyz said:
I heard a lot of pundits on the news say the dems would viciously block Miers confirmation, but she would be confirmed unanimously by the Republicans anyways.

Huh, Ms Miers pulled her nomination...:confused:

jallman said:
So basically, you would see our president commit an unfair act on the last days of his presidency just to make a stab at the other side. No wonder America is falling to pieces and the conservatives look the way they do...

You did not have a problem with Clinton doing it for Rich or that pedophile rep. from Illinois who was pardoned......

Navy Pride said:
You did not have a problem with Clinton doing it for Rich or that pedophile rep. from Illinois who was pardoned......

Oh and now it begins...those unfounded assumptions. I did have a problem with that...I am not a big fan of Clinton at all. How comes it that your jaws flap faster than your mind thinks? :lol:

aps said:
Now that is possible, Navy Pride. But that won't bother me at all. Look at Nixon. He was pardoned, but that didn't change the fact that people saw him for what he was--a crook.

Don't get me started on Nixon although he got taken down by Watergate he was a great president when it came to support of our military and I have a soft spot in my heart for him and think in some ways he got a raw deal............

jallman said:
Oh and now it begins...those unfounded assumptions. I did have a problem with that...I am not a big fan of Clinton at all. How comes it that your jaws flap faster than your mind thinks? :lol:

Unfounded assumptions, they were both convicted, Rich fled the country and the pedophile from Illinois was released from prison........:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Unfounded assumptions, they were both convicted, Rich fled the country and the pedophile from Illinois was released from prison........:confused:

Hmm, comprehension is a problem too. Your unfounded assumption was that I agreed with Clinton pardoning them, which I dont. Are you just trolling for an argument today? :doh

jallman said:
Hmm, comprehension is a problem too. Your unfounded assumption was that I agreed with Clinton pardoning them, which I dont. Are you just trolling for an argument today? :doh

I am and old country boy, you have to make your point clearly with me......

Nah, not looking for and argument........Glad you don't condone Clinton's outrageous behavior...........Bush won't have to pardon Libby he will be acquitted if it even goes to court............

Navy Pride said:

Nah, not looking for and argument........Glad you don't condone Clinton's outrageous behavior...........Bush won't have to pardon Libby he will be acquitted if it even goes to court............

I dont know about that...I am almost of the thought that the repubs would sacrifice Libby in an effort to look like team players. Everyone is right...he isnt being charged with the leak, he is being charged with perjury, which it appears he did commit. To pardon him openly would be a smack in the face of America...but to hang him out to dry would give the Repubs a lot of "moral and ethical" leverage against the dems.

Navy Pride said:

From what I've heard he testified 5 times, and on some answer, I forget what the question was, but he was asked it 5 times and gave 5 different answers, so unless there were 5 truthful answers to the same question he commited perjury, and since it was intended to mislead the jury and prosecuter, that would also fall under obstruction of justice, would it not?

Navy Pride said:
What is it you farm?

Back
Top Bottom