• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Drivers, Drags and Racin'?

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anyone driving anything worth discussing?

I'll open with an old 96 Z28, runs 11s, 0-60 3.5 seconds.

Love light to light, 0-60 street runs and runs the drags on most Friday nights.

Any car guys or gals floating around this board?

Anyone driving anything worth discussing?

I'll open with an old 96 Z28, runs 11s, 0-60 3.5 seconds.

Love light to light, 0-60 street runs and runs the drags on most Friday nights.

Any car guys or gals floating around this board?

I have a 2005 Harley heritage. I also have a 2000 GMC Sierra with a 5.3 v8 that has headers and a computer chip. Nothing to compare to yours though. I did get pulled over last August for careless driving the officer accused me of racing. I was driving my wife's 2006 Cadilac STS go figure.

By the way I am an over the road truck driver so I see lots of nice cars on the road.

I have a 2005 Harley heritage. I also have a 2000 GMC Sierra with a 5.3 v8 that has headers and a computer chip. Nothing to compare to yours though. I did get pulled over last August for careless driving the officer accused me of racing. I was driving my wife's 2006 Cadilac STS go figure.

By the way I am an over the road truck driver so I see lots of nice cars on the road.

Outstanding!

I think the Sierra has the LQ4, which is a VERY strong, infinitely modable platform. Basically, it's the LS1 with an iron block. The headers were a great move; really opens her up and with the chip revamping the stock torque managment, it's a contender on the street and clearly a ticket magnet. You gotta gut that dude everytime ya leave the light.

I'm ALL KINDA green over your STS. I had 93 Deville, which I LOVED, and a golf buddy managed the used lot at the caddy dealership and let me drive a 95 STS... whatta sweet ride. That Northstar is just a fine power plant, with superb torgue management. I referred to it as "Nascar in Leather". The Payments were over $700. LOL... The sick part was, it was makin' sense... The wife screwed me out of it. I'm telling her that I cannot let that car go. That it's everything I ever wanted in a car and she says: "Hey Baby, you're the Boss and if you think that buying that car is the smart thing to do, then do it."

So I took her out for one last 150 mph run, with the air on... one hand on the wheel, just floatin' down the road at the speed of light. Then returned it, to a fairly hostile former golfing buddy. My House payment was less than $700, there was nothing even POTENTIALLY smart about buying that car.

LOL... the headers thing. It's what really started the whole thing with my Z.

Last edited:
Outstanding!

I think the Sierra has the LQ4, which is a VERY strong, infinitely modable platform. Basically, it's the LS1 with an iron block. The headers were a great move; really opens her up and with the chip revamping the stock torque managment, it's a contender on the street and clearly a ticket magnet. You gotta gut that dude everytime ya leave the light.

I'm ALL KINDA green over your STS. I had 93 Deville, which I LOVED, and a golf buddy managed the used lot at the caddy dealership and let me drive a 95 STS... whatta sweet ride. That Northstar is just a fine power plant, with superb torgue management. I referred to it as "Nascar in Leather". The Payments were over $700. LOL... The sick part was, it was makin' sense... The wife screwed me out of it. I'm telling her that I cannot let that car go. That it's everything I ever wanted in a car and she says: "Hey Baby, you're the Boss and if you think that buying that car is the smart thing to do, then do it."

So I took her out for one last 150 mph run, with the air on... one hand on the wheel, just floatin' down the road at the speed of light. Then returned it, to a fairly hostile former golfing buddy. My House payment was less than $700, there was nothing even POTENTIALLY smart about buying that car.

LOL... the headers thing. It's what really started the whole thing with my Z.

I hear you. But the Harley is probably the fastest off the line. The good thing is with Obama as president everything I have including the house is paid for I am debt free.

Have you been watching Speed TV? They have the Barret Jackson auto auction on from California this weekend

I hear you. But the Harley is probably the fastest off the line. The good thing is with Obama as president everything I have including the house is paid for I am debt free.

Have you been watching Speed TV? They have the Barret Jackson auto auction on from California this weekend

Yeah man, I love watching the auctions, but I've been busy this week end. And Congrats on the Financial Independence.

Thanks got hurt on the job and had good lawyers.

Wow. My wife drove for UPS for 16 years, fell out of the truck and got bupkis... $20k. I begged her to lawyer up and she said 'the company will take care of her'.

Turns out. Not so much.

Wow. My wife drove for UPS for 16 years, fell out of the truck and got bupkis... $20k. I begged her to lawyer up and she said 'the company will take care of her'.

Turns out. Not so much.

Where was the union?

Hmmm Let's see how about a 1988 Freightliner conventional set back axle with the 425 CAT, 3.76, rears and a 18 speed and a California spring suspension, governor shut down and it was a triple digit truck. At 80,000 Lbs on a 6 percent grade I could maintain 85 and then some as long as the tires held out. Empty I had it up to 120 mph and then I lost my nerve, still plenty of pedal left. Today I am much older and wiser with a lot more patience:)

I own a '08 2500 hd Duramax. All ways fun to beat the Ford powerstrokes that have chips while your running stock :p.

Where was the union?

The Union was NO WHERE to be found. WORTHLESS!

I was raised in the family business. With very few exceptions, my entire adult life, I've been self-employed. And I've been profoundly, principly, anti-Union.

That experience with the Mrs. cemented that position. Basically, everything reason had demanded that Unions HAD to be, was demonstrated in finality.

Hmmm Let's see how about a 1988 Freightliner conventional set back axle with the 425 CAT, 3.76, rears and a 18 speed and a California spring suspension, governor shut down and it was a triple digit truck. At 80,000 Lbs on a 6 percent grade I could maintain 85 and then some as long as the tires held out. Empty I had it up to 120 mph and then I lost my nerve, still plenty of pedal left. Today I am much older and wiser with a lot more patience:)

ROFL!

Man, I hear ya... I was a fiber contractor for ten years; during most of which I was saddled with having to drive my Bucket-truck thousands of miles to where ever the contract required. (No air-ride plush neither... ;) ) And I had MANY a sphincter puckering experience with Big-rigs careening by me, upgrade, downgrade... You people are KUH-RAZY!

Occassionally, in talking to family I'd be speaking with my Uncle Jimmy who was a long-hauler when I was born and only retired a few years ago due to a back injury sustained after falling off the flat-bed... but I'd tell him about some rig that nearly killed us both and he'd just grimace and retort with something like 'Yeah, these damn kids drivin' today, got no respect for themselves, their truck or nobody... they ain't been doin' it long enough to know that they can get killed or kill someone else. All they're looking at is getting paid. So they don't think about what happens when you flip it into a ditch and that it's pretty hard to get paid on a load scattered across 5 acres of highway'

But it's amazing how much power the new deisels are laying down today.

The Union was NO WHERE to be found. WORTHLESS!

I was raised in the family business. With very few exceptions, my entire adult life, I've been self-employed. And I've been profoundly, principly, anti-Union.

That experience with the Mrs. cemented that position. Basically, everything reason had demanded that Unions HAD to be, was demonstrated in finality.

It is a shame they take money and do nothing

ROFL!

Man, I hear ya... I was a fiber contractor for ten years; during most of which I was saddled with having to drive my Bucket-truck thousands of miles to where ever the contract required. (No air-ride plush neither... ;) ) And I had MANY a sphincter puckering experience with Big-rigs careening by me, upgrade, downgrade... You people are KUH-RAZY!

Occassionally, in talking to family I'd be speaking with my Uncle Jimmy who was a long-hauler when I was born and only retired a few years ago due to a back injury sustained after falling off the flat-bed... but I'd tell him about some rig that nearly killed us both and he'd just grimace and retort with something like 'Yeah, these damn kids drivin' today, got no respect for themselves, their truck or nobody... they ain't been doin' it long enough to know that they can get killed or kill someone else. All they're looking at is getting paid. So they don't think about what happens when you flip it into a ditch and that it's pretty hard to get paid on a load scattered across 5 acres of highway'
You know I totally agree with your Uncle Jimmy, truck drivers today (CDL school nubs is what I call them) I have absolutely no respect for. Kids today are not being taught professional courtesy, code, how to share the road, they don't speak English for the most part, they can't drive, they can't back up and they are always on the road and always in the way. In my younger day, yeah i drove fast but there was a time and a place for that usually from 12 to 5 am out on the open road and we all had professional courtesy. We would stop and help each other all the time, today that doesn't happen, these kids just blow right by you and not even give you a one lane breather. I could rant further but you get the idea.
But it's amazing how much power the new diesels are laying down today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom