• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Drinking water and energy

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
According to the Fall issue of Catalyst, the pure water it takes to create energy has become a rising concern. The average family of four uses a 400 gallons a day, and the amount of water it takes to produce their electricity is up to 1800 gallons a day.

ricksfolly

According to the Fall issue of Catalyst, the pure water it takes to create energy has become a rising concern. The average family of four uses a 400 gallons a day, and the amount of water it takes to produce their electricity is up to 1800 gallons a day.

ricksfolly

where I live, we get all our electricity from hydroelectric dams. so, for all intents and purposes, it doesn't "use" much water at all to produce our electricity.

I get much of my power from hydro also, and the rest from coal. The real problem with water and energy is in the ethanol scam.

I get my power from nuclear. The water tastes fine and is easy to find in the dark. :lol:

Purrrrrrrs

:shrug: Water is a renewable resource, my country is living proof of that, for the last 10 years we've been in drought, and now my mates house is flooded 'cause he built it too close to a river. :lol:

:shrug: Water is a renewable resource, my country is living proof of that, for the last 10 years we've been in drought, and now my mates house is flooded 'cause he built it too close to a river. :lol:

He should just convert it into mill, start making his own electricity, and build a 2nd story.

Make lemonade, right? :2razz:

ricksfolly

I don't believe a family of our uses 400 gallons a day. I'd love to see a break down of that.

I don't believe a family of our uses 400 gallons a day. I'd love to see a break down of that.

Family of 4... yes.. Average US water usage per person is 80 to 100 gallons a day. Toilet use, bath/shower, washing and so on use far more water than you realize.

Family of 4... yes.. Average US water usage per person is 80 to 100 gallons a day. Toilet use, bath/shower, washing and so on use far more water than you realize.

Agreed. The usage kind of sneaks up on you when you no longer have to haul it in buckets from the well... ;)

Back
Top Bottom