• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

drinking laws

Drinking Laws

• Keep the same

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Lower slightly

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Increase slightly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lower substantially

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Increase substantially

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

new coup for you

Upper West Side Jacobin
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
this is a domestic issue i actually care about

*edit* damnit i messed up, i realized i need 5 poll options and went back

but it already posted or somthing

anyway can the mods kill this or add the following options

1)keep the same
2)lower slightly
3)increase slightly
4)lower substantially
5)raise substanitally

new coup for you said:
this is a domestic issue i actually care about

*edit* damnit i messed up, i realized i need 5 poll options and went back

but it already posted or somthing

anyway can the mods kill this or add the following options

1)keep the same
2)lower slightly
3)increase slightly
4)lower substantially
5)raise substanitally

Can I do both? Kidding...KIDDING Finn! Don't call me a teacher again. :mrgreen:

And since this was in issue so recently close to my heart, I would just like to say, that if it wasn't such a freakin big deal, and they didn't make us wait so freakin long, maybe alcohol wouldn't cause so many problems with young adults in America.

new coup for you said:
i had to add mod because apparently saying thank you wasnt long enough

it sounds kind of odd though

"thank you mod"

too close too "thank you mom"

Yeah, especially since you're my age.:lol:

new coup for you said:
those smirnoff twist little bottle things dont count as alcohol.

Counts for me. Make it three and we've got a deal. :twisted:

i have to drink 12 of the stupid things to get drunk

Who said anything about trying to get drunk? We just wanna have alittle fun and get a little tipsy.

Thats alot much better than puking everywhere.

SKILMATIC said:
Who said anything about trying to get drunk? We just wanna have alittle fun and get a little tipsy.

Thats alot much better than puking everywhere.

See, my point exactly. American college students only want to get trashed and make fools of themselves because they have been under the illusion that drinking is a privilege. If they had been drinking their whole lives like Europeans, it wouldn't be such a big deal. I haven't been drunk since a rather memorable Christmas party and an incident with a karaoke machine...

there are many levels of intoxication

typsy- you feel pretty good but have most of your faculties
drunk- your body isnt doing anything bad yet, like throwing up or ******* itself, but you've succesfully removed any barriers to behavior
obliterated- crazy berzerk black out puking everywhere need to get carried home type of night

Number 1 on my pet peeves list.

People younger than 21 who show-off by telling others how many illegal drinks they can drink. Getting drunk and blacking-out isn't very safe.. maybe one day, before you die.. you'll get arrested.. I can only hope that.

Kelzie said:
See, my point exactly. American college students only want to get trashed and make fools of themselves because they have been under the illusion that drinking is a privilege. If they had been drinking their whole lives like Europeans, it wouldn't be such a big deal. I haven't been drunk since a rather memorable Christmas party and an incident with a karaoke machine...

that's absolutely right, binge drinking is the product of a societies over-restrictive views of alcohol

i did karoke on my 19th birthday at a sake bar...that was really fun

Arch Enemy said:
Number 1 on my pet peeves list.

People younger than 21 who show-off by telling others how many illegal drinks they can drink. Getting drunk and blacking-out isn't very safe.. maybe one day, before you die.. you'll get arrested.. I can only hope that.

Ugh. Mine is people who whine to me the next day when they have a hangover. It's called SELF-CONTROL people!!

Your absolutely right, when I was in euro I never got carded. And I look youngand good, ;) . I think of drinking as a good casual thing and a good stress reliever. Especially if theres a really hott girl and the nervousness just about kills you, :lol:

And I think if drinking would be casual we wouldnt see all that fuss about it. Thats just my opinion

new coup for you said:
that's absolutely right, binge drinking is the product of a societies over-restrictive views of alcohol

i did karoke on my 19th birthday at a sake bar...that was really fun

Alcohol testicles must be included, too...No; not literally!:doh

When I was 21, I was challenged...put down 15 shots of Jack in less than an hour...I am saying this because I am NOT proud of it...

Went to go to the bathroom...didn't make it to the jukebox...

Had one shot of it since...in 14 years...

cnredd said:
Alcohol testicles must be included, too...No; not literally!:doh

When I was 21, I was challenged...put down 15 shots of Jack in less than an hour...I am saying this because I am NOT proud of it...

Went to go to the bathroom...didn't make it to the jukebox...

Had one shot of it since...in 14 years...

That is soo bad for you. We have a big problem with that at CU Boulder. People doing 21 shots for their 21st birthday. And than dying from alcohol poisoning...

Ugh. Mine is people who whine to me the next day when they have a hangover. It's called SELF-CONTROL people!!

Yeah I have some really interesting voicemails that I have received due to some interesting intoxication incidences, :lol:

SKILMATIC said:
Yeah I have some really interesting voicemails that I have received due to some interesting intoxication incidences, :lol:

Ah drunk dialing. So much fun to play back to them the next morning. :mrgreen:

Ah drunk dialing. So much fun to play back to them the next morning.

O I know its sooo priceless.

And the best part is when they deny that it was them, :lol:

And than I look over to the adds on the right and they say:

"Drinking Alcohol
Learn How To Treat Alcohol Drinking Problems. End Alcoholism Today."

"Alcoholism Treatment
Help Yourself or Someone You Love Learn Ways to Overcome Addiction
Drug-Rehab-101.com"

Are they watching us? :shock:

Back
Top Bottom