• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dreams, what they mean

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Dreams can only reflect our actual experience. Sometimes it seems real, sometimes it's distorted, but even when it's distorted it still has a recognizable part of your actual memory. They can start anywhere, move around from incident to incident, and have no ending or resolution, just like novels and movies.

Of course there's no way to tell, but back in the 1800s I'll bet that dreams had entirely different scenarios. With no movies and action novels or other fantasies, just reflections of their day to day existences, they're dreams probably didn't have the distortions people have today.

ricksfolly

I tend to think that dreams are a way for subconscious and conscious to communicate, and have very little to do with actual experience, which is why many people feel strongly about them. I don't know about others, but I love to dream, even strange or bad dreams. It gives me new perspective and can be a fun mental and emotional journey.

I can only hope my dreams of all them women mean something good. Seems that the older I get the more they give a fine appearance, and that bothers the hell out of my wife as I roll over at 2 in the morning to hear her say, Mercy, mercy," and all the rest of the Catholic liturgy.

Goodness.

I tend to think that dreams are a way for subconscious and conscious to communicate, and have very little to do with actual experience, which is why many people feel strongly about them. I don't know about others, but I love to dream, even strange or bad dreams. It gives me new perspective and can be a fun mental and emotional journey.

Not mine... they all relate to places I've been and things I do in weird, distorted ways. I can't count how many times I found myself back at my old job with the same people doing things that didn't make sense.

ricksfolly

As far as I can tell, dreams mean precisely nothing, except maybe you are in some sort of emotional state about something.

As far as I can tell, dreams mean precisely nothing, except maybe you are in some sort of emotional state about something.

I find that dreams can inform me of something that I need to work on within myself. It's not that I place any kind of superstition on them, but I can pick up on things that I need to expand and improve on, or things I need to increase my understanding and knowledge of concerning things of an emotional or spiritual nature.

I think some dreams are just a random accumulation of memories and experiences in the sub concious mind. I believe some dreams can tell us something, especially the more vivid ones.

Back
Top Bottom