• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dream or Scheme?

Dream or Scheme?

• This is just another opportunistic Beck scheme.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Glenn Beck is having a movement.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • The Civil Rights movement must be reclaimed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glenn Beck really has a dream.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

Catz Part Deux

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Is the restoring honor rally really about RESTORING HONOR? Or is it just another wigged out scheme by Glenn Beck to put himself in the press again?

[video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-26-2010/i-have-a-scheme?xrs=share_copy[/video]

[video]http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/351600/august-26-2010/intro---8-26-10[/video]

Last edited:
I am of the who cares group, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was Beck being Beck.

Is Beck's interest in restoring honor a dream or a scheme?

Well, it's just a dream if he thinks hymen restoration actually returns a woman to a virginal state.

It's a scheme if he is one of the investors in the clinics involved.

I hope that clears things up.

Reply for a subscription snag. . . I have no grasp of what this is about - I'll learn more before forming an opinion.

Dream or Scheme? Either way SOWF received over 5.5 million dollars from the rally. I'd say that's something we all should applaud.

Special Operations Warrior Foundation [New Window]
The Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) provides college scholarship grants, along with financial aid and educational counseling, to the children ...
Special Operations Warrior Foundation

Dream or Scheme? Either way SOWF received over 5.5 million dollars from the rally. I'd say that's something we all should applaud.

Special Operations Warrior Foundation [New Window]
The Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF) provides college scholarship grants, along with financial aid and educational counseling, to the children ...
Special Operations Warrior Foundation

No doubt, SOWF is a good cause. However, Beck could have chosen to raise money for them in many different ways. Do you agree that this event wasn't primarily about SOWF?

Anyone who believes a guy that uses his own name as a logo as being genuine should check out my new church next Sunday, the Church of St. John.

No doubt, SOWF is a good cause. However, Beck could have chosen to raise money for them in many different ways. Do you agree that this event wasn't primarily about SOWF?

I agree that the event wasn't primarily about the SOWF.
It was mostly, to me (I watched it) about God, unity, hope, charity,love, patriatism, honoring our military, MLK and our Founding Fathers, family... just positive things all the way around.
I can't think of a better fund raiser. Can you?
By the way, a founder of the SOWF spoke as did the mother of a fallen soldier whose grandchild is benefitting from the program. It was a bit of a tear jerker. Anyway, as you see SOWF played a part.
If I had to choose what it was PRIMARILY about. I'd have to say God and faith. But that's just my opinion.
It's suppose to run again tonight on C-Span if your up that late.

I think Beck genuinely has a dream....and it involves piles and piles of money.

Beck is a performer. This is all a republican marketing gig. They KNOW VIA their statistics that Americans want change. The Tea Party is supposed to BE that change. So..... take some well known republicans..... have them "go dark" like Jack Bauer and play the shell game. Beck and Palin are great double agents for this job. I like to call it Operation Shell Game.

Back
Top Bottom