• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dragon Con

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So, I was planning on going to the masquarade tonight for some heavy metal. Instead I decided to go to Dragon Con for the day.

I made the right choice. Metal is everywhere and I am used to that crowd. This is a new crowd and I loved being a part of it.

I am seriously considering getting into cosplay now.

So, I was planning on going to the masquarade tonight for some heavy metal. Instead I decided to go to Dragon Con for the day.

I made the right choice. Metal is everywhere and I am used to that crowd. This is a new crowd and I loved being a part of it.

AWA is next month, should be a bunch of cosplayers there...not to mention one of my favorite voice actors.

Anime Weekend Atlanta

Thanks, I will check that out.

One thing I always hated about where I lived was that the people here tended to be so boring (not to each other mind you, they just arent into what I am into). One can only go to so many country bars and other more country things (especially the nonstop chatter about college football, ugh, not for me) without just giving up.

This is so much better for me.

Tonight though, I relax, because my feet really hurt now, heh.

I think I will make some sort of simple outfit. Something I can put together by Halloween with my goal being to go to a meetup by then, because I am willing to bet this crowd has some serious mixers on that night.

That gives me time to get something together and hopefully work out some basic sewing skills or whatever may be needed to learn.

I am thinking of an assassin's outfit from that game series. I LOVE that series :)

I think I will make some sort of simple outfit. Something I can put together by Halloween with my goal being to go to a meetup by then, because I am willing to bet this crowd has some serious mixers on that night.

That gives me time to get something together and hopefully work out some basic sewing skills or whatever may be needed to learn.

I am thinking of an assassin's outfit from that game series. I LOVE that series :)

I am babysitting right now. I will set you up with some links later when I can get at my computer. Do you use Facebook? If so I can recommend a nice couple resources there.

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about.

I'm one of those boring people you referred to. :lol:

I prefer watching football. ;)

Oh, and two questions.

1: did you see the Myth busters while you where there? They where like the only guests that really caught my interest.

2: who was playing at Masquerade?

I am babysitting right now. I will set you up with some links later when I can get at my computer. Do you use Facebook? If so I can recommend a nice couple resources there.

Oh, and two questions.

1: did you see the Myth busters while you where there? They where like the only guests that really caught my interest.

2: who was playing at Masquerade?

yes, I have a facebook account.

I didn't see mythbusters, that was on a different day. I went to a few of the rooms, but didn't see anything amazing. I mostly just enjoyed the atmosphere. Very different than the crowds I am used to, which tend to be so dour. I wanted to stay at the convention late enough for the bands, but got tired and went home.

never heard of any of them, but that's why it can be fun, something new :)

hrm it looks like black flag is playing thursday.

I tried not to be offensive, sorry. I mean, that sort of thing never caught my interest and I never could quite figure out why people like it so much. Oh well. But there is always that awkwardness when people ask me what teams I support and I have to explain that I am not into sports. Its like many people don't know how to have a conversation without that ice breaker.

Last edited:
Oh Hey, I wasn't offended. :D
I'm glad you found something that interests you.

This is mostly cosplayers and associated, the first couple do sometimes talk about the how-to stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/CosplayPhotographer
https://www.facebook.com/MaridahCosplay ~ may be at AWA, she does alot of conventions. Makes most of her costumes.
https://www.facebook.com/EnakosFanclub ~ most drop dead gorgeous woman on earth, and she cosplays.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Iiniku-Ushijima-うしじま-いい肉/410937762258783 ~ cosplay in skimpy outfits = win

Cosplay - Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) - Meetup

Also, I can't vouch much for this one due to my inability to travel still so I don't get to go there despite it being close, but I know that some there are into cosplay and they do some cosplay stuff: Anime-zing Escape has the largest selection of anime in South Metro Atlanta Georgia! Find dvds, figures, apparel & more! - Home

Since cosplay is originally from anime, there is still a very strong anime connection and is what I know of the hobby(some of the characters of the anime Genshiken, which is about nerd culture in Japan, are cosplayers, with one being horribly funny, but cool), so that is mostly what I know. I can also link you some of the photos of the cosplayers at the latest Comiket, which has probably the most and highest quality amateur cosplayers in the world, but would want to do that via PM since the site is very NSFW.

The Masquarade is still around in Atlanta? I saw Tool there back in the 90's on the Ænema tour. Nice to know it's still rockin'.

I myself like my football and getting my geek on.

The Masquarade is still around in Atlanta? I saw Tool there back in the 90's on the Ænema tour. Nice to know it's still rockin'.

Yup. Still pretty much the same as when I first went there 16 or so years ago.

Just thought you would get a kick out of this:

cosplaywin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom