• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dr. Seuss Enterprises Will Shelve 6 Books, Citing 'Hurtful' Portrayals

They are blaming this on liberals but I don't think Conservatives would like to be portrayed in children's books as smelly walmart shopping deplorable Trump supporters but I could be wrong.

They are blaming this on liberals but I don't think Conservatives would like to be portrayed in children's books as smelly walmart shopping deplorable Trump supporters but I could be wrong.
And, like you pointed out earlier, they need to differentiate between products intended for adults and those aimed at children.
Uh, that was you, wasn't it?

And, like you pointed out earlier, they need to differentiate between products intended for adults and those aimed at children.
Uh, that was you, wasn't it?

Yes, it was me.

It was in response to some weird comparison of this Dr Seuss thing to SNL.

I agree. My complaint about Disney actually had more to do with Disney-Pixar attaching a disclaimer or whatever It's called to Sesame Street episodes.than this Dr. Seuss controversy. That seemed a little hypocritical. And I agree that no outside agency, government or not, should be censoring the Seuss books but I absolutely think the company was right to do it themselves. Racially stereotyped depictions might be water off a ducks back for adults but make an impression on pre-school kids.

Yeah, you're right. The company doesn't have to produce these books. It's not worth getting working up over.

This could mean the end of all life as we know it according to conservatives

seems like it, people are crying like little babies
and again just for the record I've seen more than just conservatives

just based on recent events alone and somehow this is the focus and generates anger

are the people of texas back on track and are we doing things to make sure that doesnt happen again?
Have more of the terrorists of 1/6 been caught yet?
Hows our vaccine progress?
Has congress finished the stimulus and help for small businesses yet?

whats that . . . Dr. Seuss Enterprises wont be making 6 of their many books i never heard of any more

NooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The world has gone mad!!!! GRRRRRRRRR

like i said, i honestly believe if this angers somebody, they should go get checked out ASAP and thats not a knock, I see the "brain doctor" just the same as the "heart doctor" lol if one of those things isnt working right you go. Mental health isnt taboo to me its common sense.

No, they've "only" been cancelled from publication.
I have a library of books that are no longer in publication. Books have been dropped from publication since books have been written, imagine that.

Last edited:
pretty much lol
Not just conservatives (though the ones making the most noise happen to be) but I know others mad about this too

I just don't understand how anybody makes themselves care over a decision by Dr. Seuss . . its so weird . . . . so much fake outrage

They exist to be outraged at any changes in our culture or societal norms. The funny thing to me is that when our parents and some of us boomers went through this in the 70s, it was almost universally acclaimed as refreshing and warranted. I am thinking of how almost everyone sat down every week to watch "All in the Family" make a mockery of bigotry, sexism, ignorance and even hippies. We loved it and changed. Today, its an affront to Murica.

It says a lot about the modern GOP that Biden and the Democrats are about to pass a $1.9 trillion bill with dozens of longtime liberal priorities and what's really generating the heat on the right is some nonsense about Dr. Seuss.

They exist to be outraged at any changes in our culture or societal norms. The funny thing to me is that when our parents and some of us boomers went through this in the 70s, it was almost universally acclaimed as refreshing and warranted. I am thinking of how almost everyone sat down every week to watch "All in the Family" make a mockery of bigotry, sexism, ignorance and even hippies. We loved it and changed. Today, its an affront to Murica.

but thats just it .. these 6 books arent even the norms thats what makes them look extra loony!!! lol

pulled from the market...same thing.
Factually not the same thing LMAO

banned is officially or legally prohibit. Dr. Seuss enterprises did no such thing, they wont be publishing it any more

Well, **** y'all.

Happy Birthday, Dr. SEUSS!!!

1614798037060.png

Factually not the same thing LMAO

banned is officially or legally prohibit. Dr. Seuss enterprises did no such thing, they wont be publishing it any more
who cares? same effect. LMAO

pulled from the market...same thing.
Depends on your level of determination, I guess. If you really love how outrage feels then yeah, a company stopping printing kids books from umpteen years ago is the same as the books being banned.

Well, **** y'all.

Happy Birthday, Dr. SEUSS!!!

View attachment 67321235

wait . . how is that possible?

i thought Dr. Seuess was banned and cancelled???? This cant be . . . . a picture of a Dr. Seuss cake, IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

RuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUuuuuuuun!!!!!

lol

Welcome to the 1920's. Something like 300 of the delegates to the 1924 Democratic National Convention were card-carrying klansmen.

1924 was 96 years ago. Interesting. But, they all traded sides and now show up at Republican conventions, as eventually they were no longer welcomed by the Democrats....

A man is not defined by his past. He is defined by the man he is today.

Good god. Is there no issue you don’t view through the lens of persecution? If somebody said that Gargamel was an antisemitic trope, you’d be certain that you were under attack.

I seem to remember Liberals acting as if the evil Bushco demons had taken over when the Dixie Chicks got clobbered by conservatives. Wasn’t that persecution? When Stephen Colbert makes the “joke” that reality has a liberal bias, isn’t he revealing his deep seated persecutions?

How is that any more problematic than having David Carradine star in Kung Fu? Once this “wokeness” nonsense becomes acceptable there are no limits as to how far it goes. Is it not entirely possible (most likely?) that DSE simply wanted free mass and social media attention to boost sales of the remaining books?

Agree about woke-ness, but keep in mind that Carradine was playing a half-Caucasian character, so the nature of the representation is not quite the same.

Back
Top Bottom