• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dr. Kelly Victory's Opinion re: COVID

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
1. I have noticed that this message board (unlike Facebook or Twitter) allows views about COVID other than those that are currently considered orthodox by the government.

2. I realize that many people have already made up their minds regarding taking the vaccine. That's fine.

3. For those members (and guests) who have not made up their minds yet, I want to report that, yes, a so-called right-wing radio talk station here in Los Angeles (KABC) has regularly for the last year or so given air time to the doctor mentioned in the thread title.

4. On today's program she claimed the following:

a. It is irresponsible to use the Delta variant as a way to scare people into taking the vaccine. She claims that the variant is relatively weak.

b. She claims that people who have COVID but no symptoms cannot spread it.

5. Some people, even the CDC admits, have been experiencing worrisome side effects, but I realize most medical experts feel that the value of taking the vaccine outweighs any possible negative side effects.

6. In any case, if anyone is interested in her opinions, s/he may want to google her name for more information about her background & opinions.

(I have not yet gotten the vaccine, but I may because (a) I become scared that I may contract the virus or (b) public pressure forces me to. I am 84. I am in the category that is very vulnerable, but the possible side effects scare me. I agree that these vaccines were (understandably) rushed into use without the usual test period for possible problems.)

If it’s any comfort my mom will be 85 in November. She took the vaccine and has no issue to date.

1. I have noticed that this message board (unlike Facebook or Twitter) allows views about COVID other than those that are currently considered orthodox by the government.

2. I realize that many people have already made up their minds regarding taking the vaccine. That's fine.

3. For those members (and guests) who have not made up their minds yet, I want to report that, yes, a so-called right-wing radio talk station here in Los Angeles (KABC) has regularly for the last year or so given air time to the doctor mentioned in the thread title.

a. It is irresponsible to use the Delta variant as a way to scare people into taking the vaccine. She claims that the variant is relatively weak.

5. Some people, even the CDC admits, have been experiencing worrisome side effects, but I realize most medical experts feel that the value of taking the vaccine outweighs any possible negative side effects.

6. In any case, if anyone is interested in her opinions, s/he may want to google her name for more information about her background & opinions.

(I have not yet gotten the vaccine, but I may because (a) I become scared that I may contract the virus or (b) public pressure forces me to. I am 84. I am in the category that is very vulnerable, but the possible side effects scare me. I agree that these vaccines were (understandably) rushed into use without the usual test period for possible problems.)

Try and get Pfizer - it seems to have fewer side effects. I had the Moderna and my worst side effect was not sleeping well the night of either shots, but especially the second. Felt worn out and run down and slept a lot the next day after the second shot. Day after that, I felt better and by the next day I felt great. My side effects seem to be as bad as it usually gets, and I would not hesitate to have the vaccine again. Much better than a possible intubation.

And, this Dr Kelly Victory? I'm not sure I'd trust her judgement:

And also this:

Last edited:
I know it can be concerning, but sometimes we have to make these choices. The risk of a bad outcome, death or permanent damage from Covid are a lot worse at your age.

I know quite a few people over 50 who took Pfizer, and had little to no side effects. Seems the young kids have more side effects than us older people from the vaccine. I just had a sore arm for a few days, no big deal.

I think I'd put my trust in your personal doctor, or at least the CDC. Trumps Warp Speed Vaccination program just allowed enough money to do the same testing for safety they normally do, that's all. It didn't cut any corners.

Usually the process takes a long time due to financial constraints and government paperwork. Both of which were sped up for a quick vaccine. It's one of the safest vaccines out there compared to the normal yearly vaccines for flu and pneumonia we get.

Do yourself a favor, you don't want to be a sitting duck during this next wave of the Delta variant. It's already starting to infect MO, and because of their low vaccination rates they're not doing too good. Lots of people flooding the hospitals again.

Take care, and stay safe. :)

And, this Dr Kelly Victory? I'm not sure I'd trust her judgement:
Thanks.

I found some unflattering information about her on a site called Quackwatch, which reported that YouTube has removed some videos that feature her.

Where did she publish her research?

Last edited:
Where did she publish her research?
I know nothing about her.

When she speaks on the radio, she exudes absolute confidence.

That could be a danger sign, I realize.

I may be hoping that she is right since I am looking for any reason not to take the vaccine.

I can understand that is the reason she is reportedly being banned by YouTube.

I may be hoping that she is right since I am looking for any reason not to take the vaccine.

You are admitting to bias, that's good. At least you're aware of it.

The facts are what they are. The data is there. The vaccine isn't this big question mark.

You're 84. The virus is way, way, way more likely to kill you than the vaccine. The virus is way, way, way more likely to have serious side effects than the vaccine. The vaccines have been well-tested for short term side effects. As for long term side effects, well, as crude as this will sound... you're 84. Do you care if there are side effects that appear after 15-20 years?

Let's use a parallel example. Most people understand that seat belts and airbags save lives. If you are in a car accident, the liklihood of serious injury or death goes down significantly if your car is equipped with both. This is not a fact that most people would reject. However, an airbag can have unexpected side effects. My old Honda Civic had a recall for airbag installations that would corrode over time, and on deployment the steering wheel assembly could break apart and turn your airbag into a small grenade, sending shrapnel into your chest. It killed some people. However, even in the affected years for Honda Civics this complication was quite rare. Was it a bad idea to install the airbag? Obviously not. The airbags saved way, way, way more lives than they harmed. If you were a gambler, would you bet on the 99.99% chance to help you or the .01% chance to hurt you?

It's the same with vaccines. The odds are way, way, way in favor of taking it. You're gambling by not taking the vaccine! It's a common logic error that our brains fall in to. Taking the vaccine is an actively chosen risk, and our brains tend to weigh that far more heavily than the inactive risk of just getting the virus even when the odds don't actually support that. We feel safer doing nothing in order to avoid the active risk, even when doing nothing actually puts us in greater danger.

As for this lady exuding absolute confidence, there's an old saying: "Fools are full of confidence, and geniuses are full of doubt." Surely in your 84 years you've run across people absolutely convinced they were right about something incredibly stupid.

If it helps, I suggest you talk to people around you who have taken the vaccine. Ask them about their personal side effects. Most of them will say "my arm was a bit sore for a day" and that's all. Some had a mild fever or chills.

My mother is 93,got the vaccine about a month ago. She's had no problems..

That said I know 2 people whose doctor has told them because of their health problems, and /or the medication they are on they should NOT get any vaccine at this time.. 2 different doctors. The 2 doctors have been vaccinated, as have their whole staff. So it is not like they are anti-vaccine.. They just are worried these people's health problems will become worse due to the vaccine..

That is going to be an interesting side note in all of this..

My mother is 93,got the vaccine about a month ago. She's had no problems..

That said I know 2 people whose doctor has told them because of their health problems, and /or the medication they are on they should NOT get any vaccine at this time.. 2 different doctors. The 2 doctors have been vaccinated, as have their whole staff. So it is not like they are anti-vaccine.. They just are worried these people's health problems will become worse due to the vaccine..

That is going to be an interesting side note in all of this..

Certain medications interact badly with vaccines, usually by suppressing the immune response that is the whole point of the vaccine to begin with. Other medications can have the rate at which the body absorbs them changed by the vaccine, and certain medications are very sensitive to that.

The usual disclaimer is "ask your doctor about the vaccine if you are taking any medications."

My personal "weird medication interaction" favorite is that there are certain medications that you want to avoid grapefruit with because something about the grapefruit enzymes makes your body take in way more of the medication than its supposed to.

Would you please QUIT allowing "exuding absolute confidence" to manipulate your thinking?
You know who else "exuded absolute confidence" when they went on TV and radio?
DOCTORS who endorsed CIGARETTES.

For God's sake, this is not about how a person SOUNDS.

The side effects disappear in about 36 hours, can you handle that?
Besides, you WANT those side effects, because they are an indicator that you have a good immune system.
I had little to NO side effects and I am hoping and praying for a (third) BOOSTER in the near future because I worry that MY immune system is papier mache, and I am twenty years your junior.

My JAW DROPS to the floor reading your lame excuses, because you are old enough to remember POLIO.

Still fighting polio Fox in the 50s.jpg

It seems that the second shot gives more people trouble. I say get the first one and go from there. The first shot offers a lot of protection.

It seems that the second shot gives more people trouble. I say get the first one and go from there. The first shot offers a lot of protection.

Why? What data supports this idea?

The second shot gives people more trouble. As in a slightly more sore arm.

You'd trade protection from a serious illness to avoid a day of a sore arm??

I understand the emotional investment in not wanting to take the vaccine. The way I look at it, ignore any and all politicization, and go with doctors who specialize in infectious diseases , particularly Epidemiologists. Not every doctor is created equal , for example the one doctor that was in 'front line' doctors that got a lot of attention was educated in Nigeria, and claimed women's diseases was caused by alien demon seed.

My one friend had very strong reactions on her first does (like 3 days of misery), and just a sore arm on her second one.

Anecdotal evidence. I think data would support my conclusion.

The first shot seems to give most people a sore arm and the second shot is where more people experience more symptoms.

No, I'm fully vaccinated.

Why should we care what this person supposedly has to say?

Back
Top Bottom