• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dr. Fauci supports Trump efforts

Separately on Wednesday, emails obtained by Politico showed that the Trump administration has tried to muzzle Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, and encouraged him to minimize the risk that the coronavirus poses to children. Fauci told the outlet that nobody tells him what to say, and that he “speaks on scientific evidence.”

According to The Washington Post, Woodward’s book is based in part on 18 on-the-record interviews with Trump from December through July. Woodward also interviewed former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and former Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats.

In addition to documenting the Trump administration’s failed and fragmented coronavirus response, the book also chronicles Trump’s response to anti-racism demonstrations, North Korean diplomacy and other topics.

The guy is very careful. Much better prevaricator than Trump.

In this response (I think from the same interview as OP) he masterfully manages to completely evade the question about his direct quotes in the book. He does not deny saying what he is quoted as saying, but an idiot in a hurry could easily get that impression.

Love Fauci, but he is clearly just guarding his chair these days, and banking on having some other idiot to answer to in a couple months.

Separately on Wednesday, emails obtained by Politico showed that the Trump administration has tried to muzzle Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease expert, and encouraged him to minimize the risk that the coronavirus poses to children. Fauci told the outlet that nobody tells him what to say, and that he “speaks on scientific evidence.”

According to The Washington Post, Woodward’s book is based in part on 18 on-the-record interviews with Trump from December through July. Woodward also interviewed former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and former Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats.

In addition to documenting the Trump administration’s failed and fragmented coronavirus response, the book also chronicles Trump’s response to anti-racism demonstrations, North Korean diplomacy and other topics.

Radical Right Wing decisions kill people ........

Creepy is you attacking Dr. FAuci. You said you had proof. Supply that proof. i supplied proof that Fauci supports Trump.

If you haven’t heard the clips of Trump speaking ot Bob Woodward, they’re all over online. You don’t need me to link to them.

Dr. Fauci was with Trump. As Fauci says, Trump never said things that Woodward said.

He didn't deny his direct quotes, and was extremely vague throughout. When asked if he would dispute the story, he said "yeah" with as much enthusiasm as a dog going to the vet.

But it was a lengthy interview and I have little interest in watching the whole thing, so if you feel like it you can direct me to a specific time stamp in the video that will set me straight, I'll take a peek.

Fauci tells Fox he '''didn'''t get any sense''' that Trump '''was distorting anything''' about coronavirus | Fox News

Fauci disputes Woodward.

[video]https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dr-fauci-trump-woodward-downplay-covid-19[/video]
“According to the Post, Woodward reports in his book that Fauci has described Trump as being "on a separate channel" and offering "rudderless" leadership. Woodward also has Fauci saying Trump's "attention span is like a minus number" and "his sole purpose is to get reelected."

Fauci told Roberts Wednesday that he didn't recall saying those things.

“We just got through with a briefing with the group from the task force,' and would talk about it. So it may have happened, but I have not seen that kind of distortion.”

"I didn't really go over any of the text since it just came out," Fauci told Roberts.

"I may not be tuned in to the right thing that they're talking about.

"If you notice, it was [reported that] others have said [I said] that. So, you know, you should ask others.I don't recall that at all, he said. "So I mean ... according to what I saw in the newspapers, it says 'and others have said that.' So you know, I don't really want to get involved in the kind of stuff that is very distracting to the kind of things that I'm trying to do and that we're all trying to do with this outbreak."

You call Fauci’s comments “disputing Woodward”? The guy spent most of the interview trying not to directly dispute Woodward’s assertions of his comments.

I actually feel sorry for Dr. Fauci. He’s trying to save lives while keeping from being pulled into another Trump created pile of ****.

Fauci told an associate that Trump was "rudderless....his attention span is like a minus number....his sole purpose is to get reelected....he's on a separate channel.....he isn't focused on meetings."

Fauci told FoxNews that he doesn't remember making the comments....but he didn't deny it, either.

In all honesty neither Fault or Woodward are long in the credibility department. Woodward has shown himself to be a partisan hack on multiple occasions and Fauci had shown himself to be just as big of a hack but not do much motivated by politics as much as he defends the medical opinions as being infallible. When two frauds point their fingers at one another, I dismiss them both.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“According to the Post, Woodward reports in his book that Fauci has described Trump as being "on a separate channel" and offering "rudderless" leadership. Woodward also has Fauci saying Trump's "attention span is like a minus number" and "his sole purpose is to get reelected."

Fauci told Roberts Wednesday that he didn't recall saying those things.

“We just got through with a briefing with the group from the task force,' and would talk about it. So it may have happened, but I have not seen that kind of distortion.”

"I didn't really go over any of the text since it just came out," Fauci told Roberts.

"I may not be tuned in to the right thing that they're talking about.

"If you notice, it was [reported that] others have said [I said] that. So, you know, you should ask others.I don't recall that at all, he said. "So I mean ... according to what I saw in the newspapers, it says 'and others have said that.' So you know, I don't really want to get involved in the kind of stuff that is very distracting to the kind of things that I'm trying to do and that we're all trying to do with this outbreak."

You call Fauci’s comments “disputing Woodward”? The guy spent most of the interview trying not to directly dispute Woodward’s assertions of his comments.

I actually feel sorry for Dr. Fauci. He’s trying to save lives while keeping from being pulled into another Trump created pile of ****.

According to the post? You mean the paper that hates Trump? That post?

Clearly you do believe Fauci lied.

According to the post? You mean the paper that hates Trump? That post?

Clearly you do believe Fauci lied.
:lamo Apparently, you haven’t read your own link. Everything I posted was taken from your reference.

And Fauci disputed Woodward totally.

Part of this is just the proximity to the elections. There is very little enthusiasm for Biden on the Democrat side so, in an effort to encourage democrats to vote out of fear, we see these stories more and more often.

The common theme we'll see is that the stories, generally, will be based on old information and repackaged for the current situation. They will inevitably be distorted to present only one side of an issue and will dismiss any counter argument, if one is even mentioned.

Did he contradict himself in the video? That certainly wouldn’t add any credibility to your assertion.

Since you admit you did not watch the video, why trust you to now watch the video?

Since you admit you did not watch the video, why trust you to now watch the video?
I read fauci’s words from his interview with Roberts. Does he contradict himself in the video? If not, there’s no reason to watch the video.

The tape, the tape, the tape.

Are you saying the tape is fabricated and what Trump says on them are a lie?

I am saying I believe what Dr. Fauci says in his interview.

Back
Top Bottom