• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dr. Fauci Can't Explain Why Texas COVID Cases Keep Dropping Despite Reopening

This. Is. Good. News!

Who gives a shit what Fauci thinks or any of us think?!?!?! We're nearing the end of this thing and that is fantastic news.

No. The article was a response to post #4, which was quoted in my post about the article. Good try though.
So there's zero evidence that Texas is fudging the numbers? Ok then. Good news.

So there's zero evidence that Texas is fudging the numbers? Ok then. Good news.
Zero evidence? I never said that. I posted about the suspect FL numbers.

Florida, Texas and Tennessee are where the bleeding heart liberals come to act normal. Then go back home and do whatever big brother says.

Zero evidence? I never said that. I posted about the suspect FL numbers.
Good. I was worried Texas cratering numbers might be false. I'm glad they are doing well.

We're 44% vaccinated already. That might have something to do with the numbers.

Maybe Texas is fudging the numbers. It would not be unlike republican led states to do something like that, now would it.
Kinda like the asshole running New York? You know...him fudging the nursing home numbers while his ego-stroking book is in the works?

You truly live in a warped MAGA world. (n)

Are you unaware that Dr. Fauci has said about masks that:

1. We don't need to wear them
2. We need to wear them
3. We need to wear two.

Which direction is the direction that is supported by science?

2. We need to wear them
3. We need to wear two.

That was over one year ago. You do realise that since then we have learned a hell of a lot more about a novel virus which nobody had encountered before-including the world's leading virologists and epidemiologists? Why you're still harping back to that is beyond me. I guess you have nothing else.

2. We need to wear them
3. We need to wear two.

Covid was a new coronavirus virus.

Early on when mask wearing was discouraged doctors and scientists were unaware that a person showing no symptoms of Covid could carry it and spread it other persons.
In fact over half of all Covid 19 cases are likely caused by people who show no symptoms of a Covid illness.

From a January 2021 article.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/most-covid-19-cases-come-from-people-without-symptoms
New research has found that over half of COVID-19 cases are likely caused by people without symptoms.

Approximately 59 percent of all transmission is caused by presymptomatic individuals who hadn’t yet developed symptoms and asymptomatic people who never developed symptoms, according to the studyTrusted Source published last week in JAMA Network.

The researchers say the findings show how identifying and quarantining symptomatic patients isn’t enough to control the rapid transmission of COVID-19.

Covid was a new coronavirus virus.

Early on when mask wearing was discouraged doctors and scientists were unaware that a person showing no symptoms of Covid could carry it and spread it other persons.
It's so much simpler for them to just go back a year, quote something or other irrelevant to today, and claim victory-conveniently ignoring what has been learned in the intervening months. How pathetic.

So why are the numbers out of control in Brazil?

One word, 'Bolsonaro'.
4000 deaths in the past 24 hours, 340,000 deaths to date, but Bolsonaro wants his citizens to "stop whining".

I guess he has run out of lies to tell?
---------------------

More than a month has passed since Texas Gov. Greg Abbott shocked the Faucis of the world by scrapping COVID-inspired restrictions on businesses and individuals, including removing the mask mandate. The decisions prompted Dr. Anthony Fauci and legions of public health "experts" to warn about the devastating consequences - thousands of unnecessary deaths would result, they said - however, as the data show, practically every metric has shown that the Lone Star State's outbreak has continued to recede, even as blue states like Michigan are seeing a new surge in infections (believed to be driven by "mutant" strains).

As epidemiologists everywhere have struggled to come up with an explanation, it's worth noting that Texans are dining out more, according to Opentable seatings, which have become a closely watched proxy for post-quarantine economic activity

Probably because most Texans are ignoring their yapping governor and still wearing masks and using precautions. That and the vaccines.

Almost 1/3 of Texans have received their first dose of vaccine, more than 15% are fully vaccinated. There's your answer.
One would think so but vaccination rates are high in my state and COVID case numbers are going up right now, prompting officials to enact tighter restrictions in some counties within the state. The articles about it mention the escalating cases are very predominantly among the 20-39 year old group. Vaccine eligibility for that age group hasn't been open for too long so it does make sense that few of them are fully vaccinated yet.

One word, 'Bolsonaro'.
4000 deaths in the past 24 hours, 340,000 deaths to date, but Bolsonaro wants his citizens to "stop whining".

Is his approach any different than Abbott's?

One would think so but vaccination rates are high in my state and COVID case numbers are going up right now, prompting officials to enact tighter restrictions in some counties within the state. The articles about it mention the escalating cases are very predominantly among the 20-39 year old group. Vaccine eligibility for that age group hasn't been open for too long so it does make sense that few of them are fully vaccinated yet.
Also a factor is the increased infectiousness of the variants.

I guess he has run out of lies to tell?
---------------------

More than a month has passed since Texas Gov. Greg Abbott shocked the Faucis of the world by scrapping COVID-inspired restrictions on businesses and individuals, including removing the mask mandate. The decisions prompted Dr. Anthony Fauci and legions of public health "experts" to warn about the devastating consequences - thousands of unnecessary deaths would result, they said - however, as the data show, practically every metric has shown that the Lone Star State's outbreak has continued to recede, even as blue states like Michigan are seeing a new surge in infections (believed to be driven by "mutant" strains).

As epidemiologists everywhere have struggled to come up with an explanation, it's worth noting that Texans are dining out more, according to Opentable seatings, which have become a closely watched proxy for post-quarantine economic activity

More likely reason?
"As of March 7, 2021 we are no longer collecting new data. Learn about available federal data."

2. We need to wear them
3. We need to wear two.

The direction indicated when he made those statements. Next?

Back
Top Bottom