• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Dr. Eastman and President Trump launched a campaign to overturn a democratic election, an action unprecedented in American history"

So what you're saying is that you got nothing, and Trump really is a traitor.
Did I say that?
Did I infer that?
Did I in any way suggest or otherwise imply that?

No.

Take your lies somewhere else.

Goodness, where's the fun in that?

Make something up so we can all be amused.
Eastman made up the theory that Mike Pence had INDEED the authority to send the electoral votes back to the states.

Even the Marines turn out a asshead on occasional this occasion, for instance. Did you leave out the "more likely than not . . ." from the article's title and comment from the judge?quo
“Judge states the obvious, details at 6”. 🙄

There really seems to be no limit to the contempt and disregard these "patriots" feel toward this country's laws and institutions.

He's a Clinton nominee - what did you expect?
Amongst other reasons that comment is meritless, I assume you do not appreciate that this ruling is from litigation that Eastman filed? Not something filed against him? He filed a complaint for declaratory relief seeking protection from the subpoena issued by the 1/6 committee. HE chose where to file it so if he doesn't like the judge he got he has himself to blame.
Time to come up with another excuse, perhaps one not lame on its face?

Hopefully this is going to force Garland's hand...but I doubt it.

When did DA's and AG's offices get so gutless?

He's a Clinton nominee - what did you expect?
The same thing I expect out of all federal judges. Impartiality. In your way of thinking, then every judge on the SC except for Thomas was wrong in their decision to turn over National Archives documents. Three of those judges were Trump appointees and they ruled against him.

OK Trumper assclowns, go ahead and question this judge's integrity or love of this country. Before being appointed to the federal judiciary, Judge Carter was a U.S. Marine Corps., First Lieutenant, who voluntarily served in Vietnam, being awarded a Purple Heart for injuries and Bronze Star for valor.

For what it's worth, I'll say that I don't view such military service as some compelling action proving patriotism or that someone is a better judge than someone else. It can prove that or other various things depending on the person and their reasons; but nothing showing other judges without military services aren't any lesser patriots or good judges.

Biden needs to fire his sorry ass yesterday and bring on a guy like Preet Bharara. The guy is brilliant and tough as nails.

You're assuming that Biden's view isn't that politically he prefers not to give Republicans the issue to add to their motivation to vote and getting news attention around his 'persecution' of trump, and he cares more about that helping win the next election than any justice for trump. That seems to be a popular view just as Obama broke promises to hold Bush and his administration accountable.

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”
“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."
“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”
"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
***********************************************************************************************Donald J. Trump, Jan. 6, 2021

The Times reports, "A federal judge ruled on Monday that former President Donald J. Trump and a lawyer who advised him on how to overturn the 2020 election most likely committed felonies, including obstructing the work of Congress and conspiring to defraud the United States.

"The judge’s comments marked a significant breakthrough for the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, which had laid out in a civil filing the crimes it believed Mr. Trump might have committed as it weighs making a criminal referral to the Justice Department.

“The illegality of the plan was obvious,” wrote Judge David O. Carter of the Central District of California. “Our nation was founded on the peaceful transition of power, epitomized by George Washington laying down his sword to make way for democratic elections. Ignoring this history, President Trump vigorously campaigned for the vice president to single-handedly determine the results of the 2020 election.”

"The Justice Department has been conducting a wide-ranging investigation of the Capitol assault but has given no public indication that it is considering pursuing a criminal case against Mr. Trump. A criminal referral from the House committee could increase pressure on Attorney General Merrick B. Garland to do so."

While we are on the subject, the reader will be amazed at this. This guy is truly unbelievable.

At a campaign rally in Georgia over the weekend, the former President, again, praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“The smartest one gets to the top,” Trump told the crowd. “That didn’t work so well recently in our country. But they ask me, ‘Is Putin smart?’ Yes, Putin was smart. And I actually thought he was going to be negotiating. I said, ‘That’s a hell of a way to negotiate, put 200,000 soldiers on the border.’”

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party, and many Republicans seek and enjoy his endorsement. Trump is the leading Republican candidate for the Presidency in 2024.

At a campaign rally in Georgia over the weekend, the former President, again, praised Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“The smartest one gets to the top,” Trump told the crowd. “That didn’t work so well recently in our country. But they ask me, ‘Is Putin smart?’ Yes, Putin was smart. And I actually thought he was going to be negotiating. I said, ‘That’s a hell of a way to negotiate, put 200,000 soldiers on the border.’”

Trump is the leader of the Republican Party, and many Republicans seek and enjoy his endorsement. Trump is the leading Republican candidate for the Presidency in 2024.
As expected, not a peep out of Republicans.

i just want to state that i've never tried to overthrow an American election.
Curious, what would you call a group of partisan sheeple that pushed a false narrative accusing a duly elected president of treasonous behavior to oust him out of office? Sound familiar? It should. You helped push that false narrative. And those who were behind this coup attempt were Obama appointees, their 2016 candidate for president, Hillary Clinton and her campaign, "friends of the Clinton Foundation", the DNC and the third arm of the Democratic party, our feckless MSM. Oh and I almost forgot the Russian disinformation.

Curious, what would you call a group of partisan sheeple that pushed a false narrative accusing a duly elected president of treasonous behavior to oust him out of office? Sound familiar? It should. You helped push that false narrative. And those who were behind this coup attempt were Obama appointees, their 2016 candidate for president, Hillary Clinton and her campaign, "friends of the Clinton Foundation", the DNC and the third arm of the Democratic party, our feckless MSM. Oh and I almost forgot the Russian disinformation.
Please read the board rules: there is a limit to the number of unfounded conspiracy theories you may include in a single post. You may have reached the limit.

Back
Top Bottom