• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dr. Dimwit Departs

Geo Patric

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Laura Schlessinger is leaving her job as Shock Jerk... err... Jock because she "wants her first amendment rights back".

Vice-Bimbo candidate, Sarah Palin begs her "don't retreat, reload". you would think the twit would have reconsidered that fatuity after the sheis storm it has raised. Palin, too, thinks that the protest amount to a denial of 1st amendment rights, that when people express disagreement, it is a violation of freedom of expression.

so, should we all just shut up to protect one right wing pseudo-psychologists right to tell an african american woman to calm down and accept being called a "nigger" on a national radio program?

geo.

Laura Schlessinger is leaving her job as Shock Jerk... err... Jock because she "wants her first amendment rights back".

Vice-Bimbo candidate, Sarah Palin begs her "don't retreat, reload". you would think the twit would have reconsidered that fatuity after the sheis storm it has raised. Palin, too, thinks that the protest amount to a denial of 1st amendment rights, that when people express disagreement, it is a violation of freedom of expression.

so, should we all just shut up to protect one right wing pseudo-psychologists right to tell an african american woman to calm down and accept being called a "nigger" on a national radio program?

geo.

There's a silly old joke that goes

Patient : 'Doctor, it hurts when I do that.'
Doctor: 'Don't do that!'

That's Doctor Laura all over. Quip advice, hack psychology. Counseling in the form of one-liners. I won't miss her.

geo.

Dr Laura NEVER called anyone the N word. get your facts straight. Her 1st amendment rights were not violated. She's wrong about that. However, her speech was silenced, just not by the government.
What she said was not as bad as what I heard on Olbermann. Howard Dean was on. If you didn't know, he is against building the Mosque. It's strange for Keith to have someone on that disagrees with him. However it was soon obvious why he did. Dean proceeded to make a point several times, that he was not siding with right wing bigots or race baiters. Since so many people are against it, there must be some good people who are not right wing race baiters, etc etc. To me this was a lot worse than Dr. Laura talking about the WORD nigger. She NEVER called anyone that. Dean did call those on the right bigots and race baiters. Do I think Olbermann should be boycotted? Do I think we should call MSNBC affiliates and Sponsors and demand they pull their advertizing etc.? Hell no. I believe in the freedom of speech. I just feel we have a bit of a double standard when it comes to what is acceptable from the right and what is acceptable from the left. Liberals are bound and determined to silence anyone who has a different point of view than theirs. They hate Dr. Laura, because she is a Conservative. Plain and simple.

Need to make a correction. It was the ED Show with a guest host on MSNBC and Howard Dean. Not Olbermann this time.

There's a silly old joke that goes

Patient : 'Doctor, it hurts when I do that.'
Doctor: 'Don't do that!'

That's Doctor Laura all over. Quip advice, hack psychology. Counseling in the form of one-liners. I won't miss her.

yeah... but ya know... everyone leaves off the best part of that story... a week later, the patient returns, tells the doctor "Doctah, doctah, everytime i do this it hoits.... and i CAN'T STOP DOIN IT"... the doctor says, "zo, now already, ve haff a problem!".

doctor laura keeps doing the same things that show her to be an idiot over and over. maybe now she gets the idea and really will STOP DOIN THAT.

geo.

Dr Laura NEVER called anyone the N word. get your facts straight. Her 1st amendment rights were not violated. She's wrong about that. However, her speech was silenced, just not by the government.
no, Schlessinger never called her caller a nigger, but i did not say that she did. what i DID say she DID do is "tell an african american woman to calm down and accept being called a "nigger" on a national radio program". She DID do that.

dunno about Olberman. I do not watch those shows. but, if you WERE to boycott him you would NOT be depriving him of his right to free speech. Such an act would be an expression of YOUR right to free speech.

and i do not hate Schelessinger for her politics, i do not hate her at all.

politics aside, it is the extreme and dangerous social agenda that she fronts that many find not just offensive, but dangerous. She offered similar advice to a woman who called about wanting to leave her husband for physically abusing her, telling her the sanctity of marriage obliged her to stay.

and worse is the cynical rationale behind it. she does it for money. Prior to the Reagan revolution she was a lot more liberal, supporting gay rights for example. she sold out to conservative ideologues and reversed her postition completely. her agenda is personal - she makes money catering to the lowest common denominator.

she may be psycho but she is not a licensed therapist. she has no training in the discipline and she masks a dangerous social agenda behind the pretense that she is. and she gets rich from it.

geo.

Back
Top Bottom