• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP's Candidates For President 2020

Abbazorkzog

Zapatista Libertarian
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
So who is everybody's top pick for 2020 (Dems/Reps/I/etc)? I honestly don't care who it is as long as its not Donald Trump, but if I had to pick it'd be Marianne Williamson

I have to tell you something ladies and gentlemen, the twentieth century political mindset got us into this ditch. The twentieth century political mindset is not going to get us out of this ditch.

Iowa Caucus First Impressions: Marianne Williamson offers spiritual guidance to the nation

Who Is Marianne Williamson, 2020 Presidential Candidate and Also Oprah's Spiritual Advisor?

Who would you pick (whether you think they'll win or not is an acceptable point of topic but secondary so don't derail!), officially declared or otherwise?

Edit: A Mod may want to move this to General Political Discussion if it gets too crazy.

I'd like Biden with one of (Bernie/Harris/O'Rourke/Warren/Booker) as VP. Biden is easily the most experienced as to what the job of President requires, and he's a generally well-likable centrist. I don't think the Dems should try to go too left this time, rather just go for a responsible centrist left adult that will make Donald Trump's ridiculousness even more apparent.

Just noticed your location; you’re not a Warren fan?

I like that she's running one of the more substantive proto-campaigns. But I worry about her largely untested political acumen. It's not that hard being a Democrat in Massachusetts and the '12 primary wasn't much of a test.

If he officially gets into the primary, I'll probably throw in my lot with my old senator Sherrod Brown.

His recent interview with Yahoo News is a decent window into his thinking.

I really like his quote on populism:

Populism is not racist. It's not anti-Semitic. It doesn't divide people. Populists don't advocate tax cuts for the rich. To me, populism is lifting people up, and bringing people together, and giving them a chance in life. If you're working hard, you ought to be able to get ahead. If you play by the rules, you ought to have a decent standard of living. And if you love your country, you'll fight for the people who make it work.

When I see some fascist dictator called a populist, or I see Donald Trump called a populist, it just rankles me. Because they're not. Phony populists go to meetings of rich donors to figure out their message — to figure out how to sound like populists. Well, nice try.

I mean, why does anyone even describe Trump as a populist? Because he says he's “for people” and he has big rallies? So did Mussolini.

Robert Francis O'Rourke is my choice.

Bernie hands down. Tulsi failing that, with Warren in third.

Uninspired, increasingly unpopular frog boiling centrism got us in this mess, and traditional FDR style progressivism will get us out.

I like that she's running one of the more substantive proto-campaigns. But I worry about her largely untested political acumen. It's not that hard being a Democrat in Massachusetts and the '12 primary wasn't much of a test.

I liked the CFPB that she was behind, but I think this entire NA mess hasn’t worn well. She come across as confused and unsteady when she gets ambushed in the hallways, by reporters. I don’t think she has the temperament for the campaign. I think we see no improvement from 2016.

Of the dem candidates I've heard so far I like John Delaney.

I'd like Biden with one of (Bernie/Harris/O'Rourke/Warren/Booker) as VP. Biden is easily the most experienced as to what the job of President requires, and he's a generally well-likable centrist. I don't think the Dems should try to go too left this time, rather just go for a responsible centrist left adult that will make Donald Trump's ridiculousness even more apparent.

A recent Gallup poll revealed that Ds wanted their party to become more moderate and not move further left. Granted it was 54-41, but that is promising.

I liked the CFPB that she was behind, but I think this entire NA mess hasn’t worn well. She come across as confused and unsteady when she gets ambushed in the hallways, by reporters. I don’t think she has the temperament for the campaign. I think we see no improvement from 2016.

Oh, just wait. In time it'll be something entirely different (considering the fact politicians/candidates have been accused of FAR worse and gotten away with it)

Senator Ben Sasse or Senator Mike Lee.

A recent Gallup poll revealed that Ds wanted their party to become more moderate and not move further left. Granted it was 54-41, but that is promising.

It's promising because the 54% will be frustrated with their nominee and help the GOP win in 2020.

I really think the GOP should consider sending up a test balloon in regards to Nikki Haley as a possible primary challenge to Trump in the off-chance that Mueller's final report brings problems.

So who is everybody's top pick for 2020 (Dems/Reps/I/etc)? I honestly don't care who it is as long as its not Donald Trump, but if I had to pick it'd be Marianne Williamson

Iowa Caucus First Impressions: Marianne Williamson offers spiritual guidance to the nation

Who Is Marianne Williamson, 2020 Presidential Candidate and Also Oprah's Spiritual Advisor?

Who would you pick (whether you think they'll win or not is an acceptable point of topic but secondary so don't derail!), officially declared or otherwise?

Edit: A Mod may want to move this to General Political Discussion if it gets too crazy.

I'm sorry to bust it to you all, but you're wrong, as wrong as I was in 2016.

All of you are thinking I have a candidate, and what, are you going to do for them what I was doing for Hillary Clinton?

I'm just kidding with you.

Predicting US Presidential elections

Hillary Clinton 9-11, Bernie Sanders 14-7, Donald Trump 9-4 even with Tulsi Gabbard 11-6, Sherrod Brown 19-8, Ivanka Trump and Mitch Landrieu 16-2, and your Precious Marianne Williamson 13-14.

This is from an astrological score chart of positive and negatives aspects of Candidates that won and lost US Presidential elections.

Mitch Landrieu (16-2) and Sherrod Brown (19-8) at the top.

Gabbards even with Trump.

Probably an easy win, because Trump's so bad he destroys his Chart.

Hillary Clinton nearly won.

Only because of Mike Pence who has a low score too so nominate him (8-7).

I'm not saying these numbers are all set in stone, but it's something to consider and I have to admit, I can't afford to loose to Trump or fail to gain the Senate because someone's tailcoat is not big enough.

I'm sorry to bust it to you all, but you're wrong, as wrong as I was in 2016.

All of you are thinking I have a candidate, and what, are you going to do for them what I was doing for Hillary Clinton?

I'm just kidding with you.

Predicting US Presidential elections

Hillary Clinton 9-11, Bernie Sanders 14-7, Donald Trump 9-4 even with Tulsi Gabbard 11-6, Sherrod Brown 19-8, Ivanka Trump and Mitch Landrieu 16-2, and your Precious Marianne Williamson 13-14.

This is from an astrological score chart of positive and negatives aspects of Candidates that won and lost US Presidential elections.

Mitch Landrieu (16-2) and Sherrod Brown (19-8) at the top.

Gabbards even with Trump.

Probably an easy win, because Trump's so bad he destroys his Chart.

Hillary Clinton nearly won.

Only because of Mike Pence who has a low score too so nominate him (8-7).

I'm not saying these numbers are all set in stone, but it's something to consider and I have to admit, I can't afford to loose to Trump or fail to gain the Senate because someone's tailcoat is not big enough.

I'd be complacent with anyone not named Donald Trump (or Mike Bloomberg, counting only Democrats) at this point. So I wouldn't call it precious, more like cautiously optimistic. With emphasis on cautiously, because its too early and anyone and everyone has a potential to shoot themselves in the foot (like Elizabeth Warren's DNA **** storm, for example)

You would think in the year 2020, one would have a visionary candidate. So who out there running has had an original thought?

So far there is nobody I like more than Bernie. Yeah, his age gives me pause, but he has lots of energy and I trust his choice in VPs. But he is also the one I know the most about. Maybe as I learn more about the others they will win me over. But as of right now I am for Bernie.

I'd be complacent with anyone not named Donald Trump (or Mike Bloomberg, counting only Democrats) at this point. So I wouldn't call it precious, more like cautiously optimistic. With emphasis on cautiously, because its too early and anyone and everyone has a potential to shoot themselves in the foot (like Elizabeth Warren's DNA **** storm, for example)

Shoot themselves in the foot, yes, but this is not the thread about who's going to drop out.

When I look at my Candidate now, I see she doesn't really have the chops to command the election.

Really it's be very risky, they'd be evenly matched and the Republican has the advantage this election.

Trump could easily walk all over her, if I ever thought about helping her out.

Simply put, you have to have an astrological chart to win an American Presidential election.

This is what it means in Isaias forty-one; "An Abomination chooseth you."

Shoot themselves in the foot, yes, but this is not the thread about who's going to drop out.

When I look at my Candidate now, I see she doesn't really have the chops to command the election.

Really it's be very risky, they'd be evenly matched and the Republican has the advantage this election.

Trump could easily walk all over her, if I ever thought about helping her out.

Simply put, you have to have an astrological chart to win an American Presidential election.

This is what it means in Isaias forty-one; "An Abomination chooseth you."

Aye. I think a tie between Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown for the best well-rounded shot, with a dominating progressive movement in the Midwest and Populist sentiment throughout the Rust Belt (which barely pushed Trump over the edge recall) - notwithstanding that no Republican has become President without Brown's home state - followed by California being both the largest in delegates AND the home state of the close-number-2 Kamala Harris, but I honestly think the Harris campaign may be one of those that burns out early. I would rather Brown run than Bernie, personally - as that would mean almost certain doom for Trump in 2020, despite Bernie's populist appeal I think there's a chance he may come off too liberal and lose to Trump, and even if that's untrue, I think he's better positioned for a mass movement from the Senate as opposed to the infamous Oval Office.

Aye. I think a tie between Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown for the best well-rounded shot, with a dominating progressive movement in the Midwest and Populist sentiment throughout the Rust Belt (which barely pushed Trump over the edge recall) - notwithstanding that no Republican has become President without Brown's home state - followed by California being both the largest in delegates AND the home state of the close-number-2 Kamala Harris, but I honestly think the Harris campaign may be one of those that burns out early. I would rather Brown run than Bernie, personally - as that would mean almost certain doom for Trump in 2020, despite Bernie's populist appeal I think there's a chance he may come off too liberal and lose to Trump, and even if that's untrue, I think he's better positioned for a mass movement from the Senate as opposed to the infamous Oval Office.

I'd take Tulsi Over Sanders, he's only two points higher and has a Saturn Return just after he leaves office and shouldn't even run for one term.

Tulsi has the youth and military experience, but fails to rise above the rhetorical politician and speaks of ending payoffs for your vote without how.

However, even with Trump with his advantage and signs of an upset, I really don't think Bernie will beat Trump.

Russia wants Tulsi now that they're aware her chart is even with Trump and because she's friends with Assad and others mildly similar.

Mitch Landrieu has a fourteen and if you don't want him there's Sherrod Brown overall eleven to Trump five and Ivanka fourteen.

Back
Top Bottom