• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DPRK Missiles: KJU and Trump fell in love, and then Trump got punked...Whips and chains....

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Donald Trump went to the DPRK and came back telling us the nuclear threat North Korea posed was no longer, and we were supposed to think too the DPRK had put the halt on its nuclear weapons program. Trump even proffered cancellation of US and ROK military exercises.

Now we find out what has long been suspected, if not obvious to anyone having half a brain -- for preposterous is the notion that North Korea would, simply because Trump went to visit and chat with KJU, say, "Oh, well. We've talked to Donald and everything's cool so we'll just scrap our nuclear missile program." -- that KJU has expanded his missile facilities.

181205130534-18-north-korea-missile-base-exlarge-169.jpg

North Korea has not tested any long range missiles following a summit between President Trump and North Korea's Kim Jong Un. But it continues to expand its bases for such missiles.

• Nobody expands missile bases unless they have or are building missiles to put in them.
  • The DPRK obviously stopped missile tests for the same reason every other ICBM-capable nation did: they know the rockets and warheads work.

base1-79dad908137d2326a1063d0587be6df77590f352-s1400-c85.jpg

181205124501-04-north-korea-missile-base-exlarge-169.jpg

And what does Trump want to do? Go meet KJU again. WTF for? To embarrass the US even more?

The boy dictator punked the self-proclaimed tough-guy negotiator, that clown wants to go back so he and we can get "effed" again.

Trump says he and KJU were "being really tough" and fell in love. Apparently he was referring to the sex...I guess they're both into S&M....

I have to disagree with your premise. I'm no Trump fan and am ambivalent about Kim. Trump still sanctions and embargoes North Korea, no change. Kim has given more than lip service when you consider his progress with South Korea and Park. This is potentially wonderful for Koreans and we're discussing Koreans. North Korea is an ally of China and risks being tooled by the USA in negotiations with Trump using Machiavellian tactics. I'm not suggesting that Trump is the intellect behind such tactics, but his schemes to get elected were successful, so he shouldn't be underestimated. I don't think Kim is a fool who would drop his weapons because of words from a famous known liar. The one positive I view is the rapproachment between the Koreas and I hope our Intelligence Agencies don't screw it up. The MIC needs enemies to keep the Corporate Welfare flowing and North Korea is a profit juice bowl. Let's not be getting rid of those enemies now. We need them don't ya' know? No, I know, We the people don't NEED those enemies. Corporatism (fascism), gov't for the benefit of the Corporations or do we respond to the needs of the people. Gov't for the benefit of the people.
/

I have to disagree with your premise. I'm no Trump fan and am ambivalent about Kim. Trump still sanctions and embargoes North Korea, no change. Kim has given more than lip service when you consider his progress with South Korea and Park. This is potentially wonderful for Koreans and we're discussing Koreans. North Korea is an ally of China and risks being tooled by the USA in negotiations with Trump using Machiavellian tactics. I'm not suggesting that Trump is the intellect behind such tactics, but his schemes to get elected were successful, so he shouldn't be underestimated. I don't think Kim is a fool who would drop his weapons because of words from a famous known liar. The one positive I view is the rapproachment between the Koreas and I hope our Intelligence Agencies don't screw it up. The MIC needs enemies to keep the Corporate Welfare flowing and North Korea is a profit juice bowl. Let's not be getting rid of those enemies now. We need them don't ya' know? No, I know, We the people don't NEED those enemies. Corporatism (fascism), gov't for the benefit of the Corporations or do we respond to the needs of the people. Gov't for the benefit of the people.
/
Red:
Of the remarks in my OP, which of them strikes you as my premise?

Red:
Of the remarks in my OP, which of them strikes you as my premise?

" And what does Trump want to do? Go meet KJU again. WTF for? To embarrass the US even more?

The boy dictator punked the self-proclaimed tough-guy negotiator, that clown wants to go back so he and we can get "effed" again.
"

There have been no more Nuke tests and I acknowledge that could also be because the test site has collapsed. No more ICBM tests and it's an area of constant research although previous testing certified and flaunted certain parameters. Detonation of checkpoints at the Demilitarized Zone borders. Personal and close relatons with South Korean leaders that seems to demonstrate "good faith" as regards ongoing rapproachment. At the same time, it would be ignorant of Kim to expose the soft underbelly of North Korea to the possiblity of a devastating attack by an acknowledged enemy (USA). Orientals think in terms of decades or generations whilst USA type leaders seem to only recognize "tomorrow." I assign credit to Park for the majority of progress with North Korea, but must reluctantly acknowledge that Trump did not screw it up and may have made a good impression on Kim. One wisely keeps arms reach away from unsavory acquaintances and perhaps that goes both ways between Trump and Kim.
/

Trump got suckered....just like the people who voted for him did...

" And what does Trump want to do? Go meet KJU again. WTF for? To embarrass the US even more?

"

There have been no more Nuke tests and I acknowledge that could also be because the test site has collapsed. No more ICBM tests and it's an area of constant research although previous testing certified and flaunted certain parameters. Detonation of checkpoints at the Demilitarized Zone borders. Personal and close relatons with South Korean leaders that seems to demonstrate "good faith" as regards ongoing rapproachment. At the same time, it would be ignorant of Kim to expose the soft underbelly of North Korea to the possiblity of a devastating attack by an acknowledged enemy (USA). Orientals think in terms of decades or generations whilst USA type leaders seem to only recognize "tomorrow." I assign credit to Park for the majority of progress with North Korea, but must reluctantly acknowledge that Trump did not screw it up and may have made a good impression on Kim. One wisely keeps arms reach away from unsavory acquaintances and perhaps that goes both ways between Trump and Kim.
/

Red:
TY for identifying what, from my OP, you construed as a premise (set of premises?).

I'd have responded to that presumption in this post were you someone who knows me well, but as we're strangers, I can't do that. I'll respond later, however...when I have time, and frankly the energy/will, to write my "quick friendly response" and, prior to posting it, review it to make sure strangers will understand it too.

Last edited:

Donald Trump went to the DPRK and came back telling us the nuclear threat North Korea posed was no longer, and we were supposed to think too the DPRK had put the halt on its nuclear weapons program. Trump even proffered cancellation of US and ROK military exercises.

<snip>

You aren't a part of the serious conversation because you are only interested in name-calling and rhetoric, but for those who are a part of the serious conversation, the simple answer is nobody thought North Korea would lay over and give up their entire program overnight. But what Xelor proposes is not talking to North Korea, which will accomplish nothing. What Trump is doing is developing a relationship with Chairman Kim. There have been some gains such as ending testing, releasing American hostages, and destroying some test sites. I can't tell if these are new launch facilities or not, but it's possible. What I do know is that we aren't going to get anywhere by opting out of conversation with the DPRK, and not only have we developed a better relationship resulting in gains, South Korea has also developed a better relationship resulting in gains such as a joint Olympics bid, additional talks and meetings, etc.

Back
Top Bottom