• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dp World Executive Nominated For Presitigous Us Govt Position

Cassapolis

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Dubai, 24 January 2006: - Global ports operator DP World today welcomed news that one of its senior executives, Dave Sanborn, has been nominated by US President George W. Bush to serve as Maritime Administrator a key transportation appointment reporting directly to Norman Mineta the Secretary of Transportation and Cabinet Member.

The White House has issued a statement from Washington DC announcing the nomination. The confirmation process will begin in February.

Mr Sanborn currently holds the position of Director of Operations for Europe and Latin America for the Dubai-based company.

http://dpworld.com/fullnews.asp?NewsID=39

ok so who's gonna step up and defend this?

What are you attacking it for?

Cassapolis said:
what did i attack?

You asked who is going to defend I asked what are you attacking.

Dp World is the same UAE government company that is planning to take over 21 of our ports. That's what makes these 2 tidbits very interesting.

Cassapolis said:
Dp World is the same UAE government company that is planning to take over 21 of our ports. That's what makes these 2 tidbits very interesting.

This happens all the time with this administration. Halliburton gets contracts without having to bid. The lead prosecutor in the Abramoff case gets appointed by Bush to be a federal judge right after Abramoff makes a plea. Bush's "White House Counsel" gets nominated to the Supreme Court. And the list goes on.

Thus, I am not remotely surprised by this horsepoop.

Back
Top Bottom