• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Tools

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is there a function to count how many times a poster has posted within a thread w/o scrolling through and counting?

For yourself, you can click your avatar in the thread listing.
Screenshot_20210608-084245.png

For others, do a search, within the thread, leaving the search field blank, by user X. Then count the pages. 20 results per page.Screenshot_20210608-083957_copy_972x706.png

That's good to know! I hadn't thought about the blank search box.

I forgot to mention the maximum search result is 200, so if there's more than that it will start cutting off the older posts on page 10.

I forgot to mention the maximum search result is 200, so if there's more than that it will start cutting off the older posts on page 10.
I wasn’t referring to my posts.

I wasn’t referring to my posts.
I gave you a solution for others, the search one. Obviously you wouldn't search your own name, you'd search whoever's posts you wanted to count. I used your name as an example of me counting someone else's posts.

I gave you a solution for others, the search one. Obviously you wouldn't search your own name, you'd search whoever's posts you wanted to count. I used your name as an example of me counting someone else's posts.
I’m not following or being clear. In a specific thread, is there way to tally another poster’s posts within that thread, without scrolling through and counting?

I’m not following or being clear. In a specific thread, is there way to tally another poster’s posts within that thread, without scrolling through and counting?
Yes. See the second method in post 2, but remove your name from the search box as seen in the picture, and replace it with the name of the user who's posts you want to count. Then you count the search results. The maximum search result is 200 though. There are 20 results per page.

Yes. See the second method in post 2, but remove your name from the search box as seen in the picture, and replace it with the name of the user who's posts you want to count. Then you count the search results. The maximum search result is 200 though. There are 20 results per page.
We are using different backgrounds. Makes it a little unclear. What are the steps to search within a particular thread?

Press the search button at the top of the page from within the thread you want to search, leave the search field blank and change "everywhere" to "this thread" then put the member in the "by member" box, it will autopopulate after a few letters and you click on the correct user, then hit search.

Back
Top Bottom