• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Pick'em Football Contest

Middleground

2-Lipped Beaver!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Hey All --

I organized a DP Pick'em league last year in the Tavern and the players from last year all think we can kick some serious ass against the rest of DP. We were about 7-10 regulars... who wants a piece of us? I am thinking that the best 5 scores count each week and the team with the highest tally wins at the end of the regular season. I say at least 2 teams of 8 participate, but will more would be most welcome. I will be contacting my Tavern peeps this week to field a team that will devastate anyone brave enough to face us.

Whadda ya say???

Hey All --

I organized a DP Pick'em league last year in the Tavern and the players from last year all think we can kick some serious ass against the rest of DP. We were about 7-10 regulars... who wants a piece of us? I am thinking that the best 5 scores count each week and the team with the highest tally wins at the end of the regular season. I say at least 2 teams of 8 participate, but will more would be most welcome. I will be contacting my Tavern peeps this week to field a team that will devastate anyone brave enough to face us.

Whadda ya say???

I am in as usual.

I'll join in... :2party:

Hey All --

Whadda ya say???

I’m in

Hey All --

Whadda ya say???

I am in.

Hey All --

Whadda ya say???

Of course Im in, just like we talked about before you posted Ive been MIA cause of family stuff but i can handle this. its been the ONLY reason ive been logging in for the last week or two lol :)

So far we only have Team Tavern people... have we already scared everybody else off???

So far we only have Team Tavern people... have we already scared everybody else off???

Maybe lol?

Whatever we do Im in though even if we just have to play it like we did last year on Yahoo . . it was still fun for me.

Maybe lol?

Whatever we do Im in though even if we just have to play it like we did last year on Yahoo . . it was still fun for me.

Ok i'll start a Yahoo group. I'll give y'all all the details in a bit.

Ok i'll start a Yahoo group. I'll give y'all all the details in a bit.

Awesome!!! Thank You!
mal0ujq.gif

If theres anyway I can help feel free to let me know or make me a group slave or admin etc.

Hey All --

Whadda ya say???
I'm in.

I just checked my to-do list for today and it said to see if the game was on for this year, and it appears to be so!

Just sent out the invite right now. If you don't get anything let me know. The password is "Tavern."

Whos in for a whoopin and friendly **** talkin!! :)

gonna quote some people to spread the word again just like last year! Im slowly forgetting who all used to play though ...lol

Thought I'd get it in under the wire, but too late. Was going to take the Falcons.

who else?
MiddleGround, me, ontology, chaddelamancha are signed up already
Whos "the guru" i dont know who that is?

DP TAVERN PICK'EM LEAGUE GROUP ID# 39311
pass: Tavern

Will sign in shortly. Thanks.

Just sent out the invite right now. If you don't get anything let me know. The password is "Tavern."

If I can get an invite - I will give it a try. I have Never been in a Yahoo Group before so will probably need a link - or instructions - or something.

If I can get an invite - I will give it a try. I have Never been in a Yahoo Group before so will probably need a link - or instructions - or something.

Sure!!

heres the link: (should look like this)
Join a Group | Pro Football Pick'em | Yahoo! Sports
help 1.jpg

enter this info:

DP TAVERN PICK'EM LEAGUE GROUP ID#: 39311
Password: Tavern

and you should be good to go!! Let me know if not, thanks!

Jeez what a messy ass game.

looks like i could loose my first pick but its bittersweet cause Rodgers is one of my all time favorite QBs. I hated picking against him anyway.

Got it - Thanks

AWESOME!!!!!

Anybody else wanna join?
Info is earlier in the thread . . you only missed one game thats nothing!

Hey All --

Whadda ya say???

I'm in. wait, what week is this? DOH! I'm setting an alarm on my phone to look for this next year. Are you picking with the spread?

Hey All --

Whadda ya say???
I enjoyed playing again this year, 2019, and I look forward to playing again in 2020 .. so thank you, Middleground, for making it happen.

I just went to make my playoff picks and noticed that this year our settings say "playoffs: No".

If it's not too late, maybe that can be changed?

Thanks.

I enjoyed playing again this year, 2019, and I look forward to playing again in 2020 .. so thank you, Middleground, for making it happen.

I just went to make my playoff picks and noticed that this year our settings say "playoffs: No".

If it's not too late, maybe that can be changed?

Thanks.

Sorry... just seeing this now! Too late to make any changes but I will make sure to add the playoffs to next year's pool. A big congrats to Chaddelmancha for winning this year's edition! Thanks to all for playing. :)

Back
Top Bottom