• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP performance

Fearandloathing

How long is now?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In recent weeks I have been having an annoying problem that DP is 1st, hard to access. Often when the icon is triggered I wait up to two or three minutes to get connected.

Moving around in the site is also very slow and sometimes impossible, especially when I attempt to collect "likes" and comments" It happens at no other site, in fact with Win10 moving around the net is faster.

My computer was just tuned up and upgraded

Also, sometimes when I 'post quick reply" the software hangs.

I've been having a few problems with the like system (of course, I would pick up on that problem immediately). Otherwise, everything seems fine. Perhaps it's a problem with your new upgrades?

I've been having a few problems with the like system (of course, I would pick up on that problem immediately). Otherwise, everything seems fine. Perhaps it's a problem with your new upgrades?

I also have an issue with 'like'

If its the new hard drive and video, then it would be a problem everywhere. It is only here. In fact he other sites refresh a lot faster now [video].

I also have an issue with 'like'

If its the new hard drive and video, then it would be a problem everywhere. It is only here. In fact he other sites refresh a lot faster now [video].

I'm halfway convinced I'm the reason you have to wait three seconds to like or unliike another post. :lol:

As for the software problem, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it doesn't work with your operating system?

Edit: I have no tech knowledge whatsoever, so I'm essentially talking out of my ass right now. I can't really help you with any of this.

Last edited:
In recent weeks I have been having an annoying problem that DP is 1st, hard to access. Often when the icon is triggered I wait up to two or three minutes to get connected.

Moving around in the site is also very slow and sometimes impossible, especially when I attempt to collect "likes" and comments" It happens at no other site, in fact with Win10 moving around the net is faster.

My computer was just tuned up and upgraded

Also, sometimes when I 'post quick reply" the software hangs.

You may want to run a trace route from you to the DP server and see if there is a bad hop in there somewhere. I haven't noticed a performance issue with the site at all of late and this is the first complaint about the site being slow, down, etc.. in some time. I really think it's somewhere between you and DP and not DP itself.

You may want to run a trace route from you to the DP server and see if there is a bad hop in there somewhere. I haven't noticed a performance issue with the site at all of late and this is the first complaint about the site being slow, down, etc.. in some time. I really think it's somewhere between you and DP and not DP itself.

For what it's worth, I've not been having any problems with the site and I'm usually one of the first to be affected by a DP issue.

Back
Top Bottom