• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP gamers

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Looking to play games with DP folks.

- Fistful of Frags
- TF2
- Broforce

About all I play these days along those lines is BF4, BFH, and ARMA3.

Travel too much to play those with any frequency, need my games to load quickly and on a mac. :/

I haven't played TF2 in a long time.

I've been glued to Madden and then I'll probably be attached at the hip to MGSV on September.

Although I've become less interested in video games over the past few years, I have traditionally liked Starcraft I and Minecraft and would be willing to play that with others. A few months ago I discovered Risk of Rain, which is a really fun platformer that you can get on Steam. If anyone wants to go the MMO route, I also somewhat enjoy SWTOR.

Alright. I got The Division on PS4. Who wants some of this suppressed artistic anger?

Is The Division any good?

It's absolutely savage. I'd say it's one of the best coop games I've ever played. The AI mechanics could use a bit of tweaking but overall it's pretty good. Storywise, it's alright.

It's absolutely savage. I'd say it's one of the best coop games I've ever played.
Cool beans. I was really hoping it was going to be good. I'll probably go and get it when I've saved up some more money.

is BF4 and its ilk worth buying a new pc to play? i've been considering it, and i loved BF3 before my last gaming rig took a poo.

is BF4 and its ilk worth buying a new pc to play? i've been considering it, and i loved BF3 before my last gaming rig took a poo.
If I can offer up some advice, I'd say if you enjoyed BF3, you'd probably enjoy BF4 just as much on the PC.

But even if you don't see it that way, I think it's still worth buying a new gaming PC anyways.

BF4 is still a worthwhile game to play on the PC, there are still hundreds of active and good servers to play on across game types. The PC resources required to play the game are not terrible and the graphics for a FPS game are better than most of that year. Fair warning, BF4 has had 6 or so expansions by now and without a premium pass they all have a cost.

BFH (Hardline) on the other hand is a complete waste so don't spend the money on it, the player drop off rate month to month set a new standard in rejecting a game to the point that there are perhaps less than 50 or so servers that are active and perhaps less than 10 that see a full status at peak hours.

BF3 was a fantastic game, innovative at the time. There are some good servers still to play on and I would bet that BF3 has more active players than BFH.

Did anyone here play Overwatch? Thoughts?

Thinking it might be time to upgrade from PS3 and this has me interested.

Did anyone here play Overwatch? Thoughts?

Thinking it might be time to upgrade from PS3 and this has me interested.
Nope. I skipped on that for DOOM instead.

But Overwatch has received overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Nope. I skipped on that for DOOM instead.

But Overwatch has received overwhelmingly positive reviews.

I'm a big fan of non-realistic shooters like Destiny (CoD & BF bore me, all the guns and classes look/feel the same) and think Overwatch could scratch that itch.

I heard Doom single player was great (cyberdemon etc etc) but how's the multiplayer? And does it lean more CoD/BF or Overwatch/Destiny?

I'm a big fan of non-realistic shooters like Destiny (CoD & BF bore me, all the guns and classes look/feel the same) and think Overwatch could scratch that itch.

I heard Doom single player was great (cyberdemon etc etc) but how's the multiplayer? And does it lean more CoD/BF or Overwatch/Destiny?

I haven't finished DOOM's campaign yet, so I haven't really got around to playing multiplayer. But yeah, DOOM's campaign is pretty damn amazing so far. Better than I expected it to be, honestly.

I'm not fan of COD or BF either, mostly because of how repetitive the gameplay is and also how everything just feels the same (like you said).

I however am not a fan of Destiny. I just felt the game under delivered and was also pretty repetitive and boring (at least the campaign was). The multiplayer was pretty much alright though, I'll give it that much.

I haven't finished DOOM's campaign yet, so I haven't really got around to playing multiplayer. But yeah, DOOM's campaign is pretty damn amazing so far. Better than I expected it to be, honestly.

I'm not fan of COD or BF either, mostly because of how repetitive the gameplay is and also how everything just feels the same (like you said).

I however am not a fan of Destiny. I just felt the game under delivered and was also pretty repetitive and boring (at least the campaign was). The multiplayer was pretty much alright though, I'll give it that much.

Agree that the destiny campaign was repetitive, but I feel that the creativity was there to keep it afloat for a while (raids and trials of osiris rank as the two greatest gaming experiences I've ever had). That couldn't excuse the problems in the main game though which is why I stopped playing a while back and my fps itch has resurfaced.

My main issue with gaming is that I get addicted way too easily, hence why I hold off on purchasing the latest hardware until something really piques my interest. Doom looks to be a nice throwback but don't think it fills that category for me.

Interested in Overwatch as two characters, Junkrat and Pharah, play a lot like the Demoman and Soldier from TF2 whose playstyle I loved.

Interested in Overwatch as two characters, Junkrat and Pharah, play a lot like the Demoman and Soldier from TF2 whose playstyle I loved.

I remember Soldier. He's that crazy American patriot guy, right?

Back
Top Bottom