• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP fantasy football league 2013

No, I get to draft your team and I'm going to punish you by picking only Cowboys. :2razz:

Just kidding. It'll handle it.

Can't do any worse than I did last season.

This content requires Adobe Flash Player, which is not supported by your device. This content can be viewed on a desktop computer or on mobile devices that support Flash Player.

Don't have my laptop with me, just my phone and tab. Sorry guys....:(

Don't have my laptop with me, just my phone and tab. Sorry guys....:(

Same here (well I don't have a laptop). I don't have access to my computer right now.

Oh ****, today is Thursday isn't it...

Oh well.

I don't know who Roll Pack Roll is.

I dislike you though.

:p

Stupid computer draft picked not one, but two Cowboys. I can now count on any week I need points from those positions, they will choke.

Y'all might find this interesting.
It's about game day camera angles.

NFL: The All-22 Football Footage the League Won't Show You - WSJ.com

The lack of seeing the safeties is why so many Bears fans were down on Charles Tillman for years. I can't tell you how often I tried to explain why Tillman wasn't at fault for a lot of plays where, on TV, it looked like he blew his coverage because you couldn't see how the safety had bit on an inside route and left his zone wide open. When Tillman would let his guy go to where the safety should have been, the safety wasn't there. Tillman, being an amazing corner, would scramble to make up for the fact and then look like he had gotten beat, when in truth, he made an amazing play half the damn time preventing a touchdown.

I had this debate more times than I can count with "armchair experts" over the years, and it's only over the last two years or so that a few of them have said things like "Wow, I see what you've saying about Tillman all of these years!". To which I say, "Now you're seeing it because our safety play has improved enough so he doesn't have to do two jobs on the field anymore. When he's just doing his own job, he's all-pro".

The one time I had second level, 50-yard line seats for a Bears game was by far the best watching experience I've ever had because I had a good all-22 view. Usually I have terrible seats, and I miss a lot more than I would on TV, especially with the line play. That's why unless my seats are near the 50-yard line and somewhat elevated, I prefer to watch the games on TV. The various angles of the replays allow me the ability to look over who was doing what most of the time, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. What was cool about the seats I had on the 50, was that there was also a TV right in front of me where I could catch the replays for closer views. If I could watch every game like that, I would.

The lack of seeing the safeties is why so many Bears fans were down on Charles Tillman for years. I can't tell you how often I tried to explain why Tillman wasn't at fault for a lot of plays where, on TV, it looked like he blew his coverage because you couldn't see how the safety had bit on an inside route and left his zone wide open. When Tillman would let his guy go to where the safety should have been, the safety wasn't there. Tillman, being an amazing corner, would scramble to make up for the fact and then look like he had gotten beat, when in truth, he made an amazing play half the damn time preventing a touchdown.

I had this debate more times than I can count with "armchair experts" over the years, and it's only over the last two years or so that a few of them have said things like "Wow, I see what you've saying about Tillman all of these years!". To which I say, "Now you're seeing it because our safety play has improved enough so he doesn't have to do two jobs on the field anymore. When he's just doing his own job, he's all-pro".

The one time I had second level, 50-yard line seats for a Bears game was by far the best watching experience I've ever had because I had a good all-22 view. Usually I have terrible seats, and I miss a lot more than I would on TV, especially with the line play. That's why unless my seats are near the 50-yard line and somewhat elevated, I prefer to watch the games on TV. The various angles of the replays allow me the ability to look over who was doing what most of the time, but it still leaves a lot to be desired. What was cool about the seats I had on the 50, was that there was also a TV right in front of me where I could catch the replays for closer views. If I could watch every game like that, I would.

Great post.

Are Bears games sold out or can you buy at the ticket office?

Great post.

Are Bears games sold out or can you buy at the ticket office?

the games are usually sold out within a few hours of them going on sale. And on the secondary market, it's actually cheaper to drive up to Detroit and buy two tickets for the Bears at Detroit than it is to buy one ticket for similar upper endzone seats for Lions at Bears and then pay for parking downtown. Same teams, similar seats, totally different prices. The amount you'd spend on a hotel for the night is more than covered in the price of the second seat here.

the games are usually sold out within a few hours of them going on sale. And on the secondary market, it's actually cheaper to drive up to Detroit and buy two tickets for the Bears at Detroit than it is to buy one ticket for similar upper endzone seats for Lions at Bears and then pay for parking downtown. Same teams, similar seats, totally different prices. The amount you'd spend on a hotel for the night is more than covered in the price of the second seat here.

Are there PSL's in chicago?

My tix here are 850 apiece and our seats are in the corner of the EZ 6 rows from the field.
(looking at your tv we're in the top left corner). We don't have PSL's....yet.....SHHHHHHH!!!

There are NO tickets available here at the box office. Ever. Every seat in the dome is a season ticket holder since around 2007.

Yeah, but I'm not interested in season tickets.

Wow. That's nuts.

It is pretty remarkable, especially considering that N.O. current population is only around 300,000..not including the metro area...I think capacity in the dome for football is something like 65,000.
I don't know the population of Green Bay but I think they're all sold out to season ticket holders, too. 2 small market teams with rabidly loyal fans.

There's also a well supported NBA team here.

It is pretty remarkable, especially considering that N.O. current population is only around 300,000..not including the metro area...I think capacity in the dome for football is something like 65,000.
I don't know the population of Green Bay but I think they're all sold out to season ticket holders, too. 2 small market teams with rabidly loyal fans.

There's also a well supported NBA team here.

It's especially impressive when I consider the fact that about 16 years ago or so I went down there to catch the Bears play the Saints and the stadium was practically empty. Finally being good has really energized the fan base, it seems. One of the best game experiences I've had, by the way. I love that city.

It's especially impressive when I consider the fact that about 16 years ago or so I went down there to catch the Bears play the Saints and the stadium was practically empty. Finally being good has really energized the fan base, it seems. One of the best game experiences I've had, by the way. I love that city.

Do you remember who won that day?..just kidding..
Here's a funny memory I have of the old days when they were really bad;

Often later in the game when it was out of control/didn't matter anymore, fans would make paper airplanes and throw them from the higher levels.
Often one would actually make it to the field and THAT would usually get a bigger cheer than a first down..I remember players even looking around to see what was going on.
In those days it was more a social event than really thinking we had a chance to win...and FWIW... I NEVER and no one I know EVER wore a bag over their head...lots of people did, of course but there is a high percentage of fans who have always loved the Saints...otherwise they wouldn't still be here.
Unfortunately that seems to be a favorite anecdote of clueless sports writers etc..when they bring up the past.

EDIT;
I love that city.

Let me know if you're ever down this way..We'll have a drink..or lunch..or drink lunch..LOL

Last edited:
Do you remember who won that day?..just kidding..

The Saints won it 27-24, actually. :lol:

Here's a funny memory I have of the old days when they were really bad;

Often later in the game when it was out of control/didn't matter anymore, fans would make paper airplanes and throw them from the higher levels.
Often one would actually make it to the field and THAT would usually get a bigger cheer than a first down..I remember players even looking around to see what was going on.
In those days it was more a social event than really thinking we had a chance to win...and FWIW... I NEVER and no one I know EVER wore a bag over their head...lots of people did, of course but there is a high percentage of fans who have always loved the Saints...otherwise they wouldn't still be here.
Unfortunately that seems to be a favorite anecdote of clueless sports writers etc..when they bring up the past.

:lol: :thumbs:

EDIT;

Let me know if you're ever down this way..We'll have a drink..or lunch..or drink lunch..LOL

If I'm ever headed back down there, I just might. Haven't been on a real vacation in more than 7 years, though. :lol:

You know how in Fantasy Football when a team drafts everyone off one team everyone laughs at them...

This week only, no one is laughing at this team

Yup-thats-an-all-Broncos-fantasy-lineup.jpg

source

You should draft Stafford in the first round and Reggie Bush in the second.

After today's performance, that wouldn't have been that bad of a choice.

I can't believe I'm still in this. I was only 30 points up after all my guys played and Tucker still had most of his team left. Still probably will lose but it's closer than I thought it would be.

im still have a chance ( no thanks to sudfeld). Need Foster to have a monster game tonight!

im still have a chance ( no thanks to sudfeld). Need Foster to have a monster game tonight!

In our league, I need Alfred Morris to have a big game, in one of my other leagues I need RGIII, Foster, and Randy Bullock to combine for more than 41.5 points.

The problem is that in my other two leagues I'm facing Morris and Foster :lol:

Luckily for me, though, the league I'm facing foster in is a lost cause. I'm already so far behind I've basically lost already, whereas I'm so far ahead in the league that I'm facing Morris that I can still root for him to have a 45 point game and I'd still win.

Back
Top Bottom