• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Fantasy Football 2021

That is cool idea, though I do not know how you implement it. Fantasy football is a bit like blackjack with a large element luck tempered by the illusion of skill.
I was going to "fake" being offended at this, but you're right. I have no clue how many points any of my players are going to score each week. No one does. Yahoo certainly doesn't!
Speaking of luck, it is about to do in my season..... short of Hurts having the game of his life and Metcalf tripping on his shoelaces tonight, I am afraid I am on the outside looking in on this year's playoff. It's a pity as I think my team was good enough to win it. Unfortunately, it was also fickle enough to be where it is.

This weekend was one of the oddest weekends I have ever seen in fantasy.
It was, right down to last night's double header where the played two games at the same time and then showed scores of the other game during the game you're watching so you can't enjoy even watching the other game on DVR. NFL network and eat my shorts!
A lot of NFL teams did not score (I think it was a near record low for touchdowns), hence fantasy studs did not perform. My four rostered wideouts had a total of 6.7 fantasy points this week, so I can't kick myself for playing the wrong guy. Actually, I don't think there is a single player that I cut this year that would have made much of difference in this week's outcome.

Even without my #1 draft pick (again) I should finish the season with both the most points for AND most points against (I think....the site is down). Seems like every big game I had I ran into a buzzsaw. Thats the way it goes....I'm probably 2 points away from being the number 2 or 3 seed...instead...Im already in the off season.
Yep, exactly where I am.... 3rd in points scored yet on the outside looking in. I lost three games by less than 4.5 points. One more touchdown or a long pass in any of those games and I would be in the playoffs. Such is fantasy football.

The pony in the barn for me in this is I get to keep Jonathan Taylor and he only costs me a late second round pick (and Jamar Chase for a late 10th round pick), if I am understanding this correctly. So, I should be formidable next year even if I flamed out this year (ah yes, 'the we'll get 'em next year' sweet lemons rationalization)

Last edited:
Well, barring something incredibly crazy, it looks like the championship will be played in the same house. What a crazy season!

Good job to the victors, and good luck in the Championship.

Congrats to Brian/Zeke! The trophy is yours!

Just wanted to offer congratulations to ZekaAVirus this years Champs, well played.

Rough season for me but thats the way the old football bounces sometimes, if the Universe wills it I may get a chance to do better next season.
Thanks for all the competition everyone.
*tips hat*

Just wanted to offer congratulations to ZekaAVirus this years Champs, well played.

Rough season for me but thats the way the old football bounces sometimes, if the Universe wills it I may get a chance to do better next season.
Thanks for all the competition everyone.
*tips hat*
To say, "this was a historically unusual season" is an understatement!

Back
Top Bottom