• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Fantasy Football 2021

@RedAkston 's always saying I'm number two. Now I'm living the dream!!!

View attachment 67362294

A salute to this league.

Salute.jpg

We have three games left and everyone is still in the hunt, all within three games of the leader. Also, there is also only a 200 point spread between the lowest scoring team and highest scoring team, with 9 of 10 teams within about 100 points. That is impressive, and more importantly, hyper competitive. Well done!

A salute to this league.

View attachment 67362296

We have three games left and everyone is still in the hunt, all within three games of the leader. Also, there is also only a 200 point spread between the lowest scoring team and highest scoring team, with 9 of 10 teams within about 100 points. That is impressive, and more importantly, hyper competitive. Well done!
I appreciate the compliment, but I totally phoned it in during the draft and have literally somehow "backed into" the number 2 spot having no idea how or why I'm here!

I appreciate the compliment, but I totally phoned it in during the draft and have literally somehow "backed into" the number 2 spot having no idea how or why I'm here!
The flip side of being in a league that is so tight is that you can't take anything for granted. We are all week to week in the standings. Today's snap shot will likely look much different in a few weeks. I have oscillated between 3rd and 8th all year.... one win I jump up the standings (I was in 7th place last week) and 1 loss I fall far.

With four games to go (I thought it was three, but that is what I am use to playing at ESPN), this entire league is playing the must win scenario, though right now you are in better shape than I. You probably can take a loss or two and live to tell about it. I plan to give you one of those losses this week as you are my head to head match.

Last edited:
The flip side of being in a league that is so tight is that you can't take anything for granted. We are all week to week in the standings. Today's snap shot will likely look much different in a few weeks. I have oscillated between 3rd and 8th all year.... one win I jump up the standings (I was in 7th place last week) and 1 loss I fall far.

With four games to go (I thought it was three, but that is what I am use to playing at ESPN), this entire league is playing the must win scenario, though right now you are in better shape than I. You probably can take a loss or two and live to tell about it. I plan to give you one of those losses this week as you are my head to head match.
May the best man win.

As long as it's me.

I tend to bring out the Jonathan Taylor type performances in players. Its to the point now when I look at whoever I'm playing from week to week and see if I can guess which stud is going to absolutely go off and which 3/4 deep guy is going to have a career day. Either way...I figure I need to win 3 of the last 4 to have a shot at the playoffs this year. I think its pretty much an "on any given Sunday" for every team in the league right now.

Fricken McCaffrey. I mean...I'm sorry to see he is hurt for his sake and sorry he is out for the rest of the season...but dood is Mr Glass....

May the best man win.

As long as it's me.
Well, you got the 2nd part of your wish.... well done! My Dr Jekyll / Mr. Hyde team was in full Dr. Jekyll mode this week ...... meek/weak and pathetic, sort of speak.

On paper, I think my team is really good. But, we don't play the games on paper. Fantasy Football and other games of chance.

Well, you got the 2nd part of your wish.... well done! My Dr Jekyll / Mr. Hyde team was in full Dr. Jekyll mode this week ...... meek/weak and pathetic, sort of speak.

On paper, I think my team is really good. But, we don't play the games on paper. Fantasy Football and other games of chance.
I don't even understand what happened. I was projected to lose, from the get-go, I sat the two receivers I should have started - I'm sorry man - I did my best to lose and I still couldn't manage it!

I think the moral of the DP Football fantasy game is - "don't try too hard"!

I left all these points on the bench and I still won.
1638284121168.png

Ahem!!!! I just wanted to show everyone who's number 1!!! Look quick because I doubt it'll last long!

1638284442764.png

I left all these points on the bench and I still won.
View attachment 67362978
Ahem!!!! I just wanted to show everyone who's number 1!!! Look quick because I doubt it'll last long!

View attachment 67362981
Yep, the peril of living in a competitive league. At this point this week I was pretty sure I was going to not only beat you, but I would be in the championship game. One week later, with Cook now hurt and his backup in the starting line up of this week's opponent, I don't see how I even make the playoffs.

Yep, the peril of living in a competitive league. At this point this week I was pretty sure I was going to not only beat you, but I would be in the championship game. One week later, with Cook now hurt and his backup in the starting line up of this week's opponent, I don't see how I even make the playoffs.
Do any of us have any of the starters we started with in week 1? I think I only have one, Tyreek Hill that has survived the entire season.

.04 points???

Story of my season. I think thats the second loss by less than half a point so far.
That locks him in the playoffs with an amazingly low point total as well.

.04 points???
You know, everything I do, I do with great aplomb.. my friend. That half-assed effort I put into the draft? Just to lull you into complacency.. Now, lurch, aka, the "white mamba" will strike!

Story of my season. I think thats the second loss by less than half a point so far.
Sorry, Mack. I hope you appreciate that I was a nice guy and decided not to run up the score on you!

That locks him in the playoffs with an amazingly low point total as well.
I just want to keep things within reach for my lesser-skilled league members.

Back
Top Bottom