• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Fantasy Football 2021

So, the playoff situation is as follows:

Seattle Reign is locked in
Don't fool me Wentz and Stable Genius are both in with a win in one of the next 2 weeks
The 4th and final playoff spot is up for grabs between Zeke-A Virus and Regulators.

It's been a tight season with just 3 games difference between first and last place. The point totals however are going to be a deciding factor in who makes the playoffs and who doesn't.

Ima just say it....I fricken hate Alvin Kamara.......

Ima just say it....I fricken hate Alvin Kamara.......
Mac, I looked up the name under your avatar and it's spelled a little differently:

MSG Raul Perez Benavidez

My winning streak ended last night. My opponent @X Factor had a great night!

If Zeke-A virus wins tonight, Regulators will be eliminated from playoff contention. If they lose, then Regulators are still alive. 4th Gen is now in the picture after the beatdown they gave me this week. Next week will be very interesting to say the least.

If Zeke-A virus wins tonight, Regulators will be eliminated from playoff contention. If they lose, then Regulators are still alive. 4th Gen is now in the picture after the beatdown they gave me this week. Next week will be very interesting to say the least.
Yes, its appears that with 9 wins you are in (Seattle and now Stable Genius); with 8 losses you are out. The final team(s) may come from the 8-7 crowd, of which three teams could get there (Zeke, Don't Fool Me and 4th Gen). Though Zeke and Don't Fool Me control their destiny as they can get to 9 with a win next week (assuming Zeke wins tonight, which is not given). 4th Gen needs to win next week, have one of the other two lose while making up points on Zeke and/or Don't Fool Me. With a good night from Conner / Hopkins tonight 4th Gen could be in position to pass Zeke or Don't Fool Me in points next week (with Taylor and Cook each going, hopefully). So, the odds are very much against me, but as long as the possibility exists I will work hard to take advantage of it.

Nonetheless, this has been a fun league. I must admit that I did underestimate how competitive the league would be. It was great to do something social with people that I don't see eye to eye with in others parts of this forum. Thanks for having me.

Yes, its appears that with 9 wins you are in (Seattle and now Stable Genius); with 8 losses you are out. The final team(s) may come from the 8-7 crowd, of which three teams could get there (Zeke, Don't Fool Me and 4th Gen). Though Zeke and Don't Fool Me control their destiny as they can get to 9 with a win next week (assuming Zeke wins tonight, which is not given). 4th Gen needs to win next week, have one of the other two lose while making up points on Zeke and/or Don't Fool Me. With a good night from Conner / Hopkins tonight 4th Gen could be in position to pass Zeke or Don't Fool Me in points next week (with Taylor and Cook each going, hopefully). So, the odds are very much against me, but as long as the possibility exists I will work hard to take advantage of it.

Nonetheless, this has been a fun league. I must admit that I did underestimate how competitive the league would be. It was great to do something social with people that I don't see eye to eye with in others parts of this forum. Thanks for having me.
I guess I left out Texas Factor, which can also get to 8-7 with a win next week. His road, however, is almost impassible as he would also need to beat the other 8-7 teams by about 70 to 80 points next week to get in.

I guess I left out Texas Factor, which can also get to 8-7 with a win next week. His road, however, is almost impassible as he would also need to beat the other 8-7 teams by about 70 to 80 points next week to get in.
I've got @Hari Seldon this week. Yahoo's has Hari -5.5 pts. I will not make a prediction at this one. I just want to say for the record I hate ESPN. For like 4 weeks in a row they were advising me to bench Stafford and start Cousins. So I benched Stafford and OBJ last week and they rallied.

**** ESPN - I'm going back to my method of letting my pet octopus choose my starters!

I've got @Hari Seldon this week. Yahoo's has Hari -5.5 pts. I will not make a prediction at this one. I just want to say for the record I hate ESPN. For like 4 weeks in a row they were advising me to bench Stafford and start Cousins. So I benched Stafford and OBJ last week and they rallied.

**** ESPN - I'm going back to my method of letting my pet octopus choose my starters!
You are living right --- 1st in the standings while only 9th in points scored? It must be your stellar defense.

Speaking of living right (or playing right). Look at Red's draft ..... he didn't pull too many out of the draft that could help him, yet he is in the thick of the race. My draft actually turned out 'ok', even though Yahoo scored it as pathetic. Their draft analysis questioned my grabbing James Connor .... which turned out to be one of my best late picks.

I struggled this year adapting to the smaller Yahoo rosters (15 spots vs 16 plus an IR slot on ESPN)..... my strategy usually involves trying to stash people that can help me at the back end of the season. I didn't know how to do that with the smaller rosters and churned people that I should not have to try to make that work.

You are living right --- 1st in the standings while only 9th in points scored? It must be your stellar defense.

Speaking of living right (or playing right). Look at Red's draft ..... he didn't pull too many out of the draft that could help him, yet he is in the thick of the race. My draft actually turned out 'ok', even though Yahoo scored it as pathetic. Their draft analysis questioned my grabbing James Connor .... which turned out to be one of my best late picks.

I struggled this year adapting to the smaller Yahoo rosters (15 spots vs 16 plus an IR slot on ESPN)..... my strategy usually involves trying to stash people that can help me at the back end of the season. I didn't know how to do that with the smaller rosters and churned people that I should not have to try to make that work.
Yeah, Red sure took his time during the draft. But I'm in 2nd place and I drafted at a friend's house, stoned off my ass, while watching sports. I think I accidentally drafted 2 TE's and 3 QB's. Like I said earlier in this thread, I think the only original player I have left is Tyreek.

If next year's the same as the first, just assume all your original players are going to get injured or get covid, and watch the waiver wire like a hawk!

And again.. may the best man win

Lurch <---- the best man :)

So, I don't need to win today to make the playoffs, I just need to not be outscored by 4th Gen by more than 1.16 points. That will be a tough task as he has Jonathan Tayler (already dropped 26 points) and a healthy Dalvin Cook (against a horrible defense) this week. To be honest, I'm shocked that I'm even in the running for the playoffs after losing King Henry earlier this year. I made a desperate trade in an attempt to fill that void, and the guy gets injured immediately. I also lost my #1 receiver for most of the year due to mental health issues, as well as my #2 RB right out of the gate due to injury. It's been a tough season, and not just for me, but it's been fun.

Best of luck to everyone in the hunt this week!

So, I don't need to win today to make the playoffs, I just need to not be outscored by 4th Gen by more than 1.16 points. That will be a tough task as he has Jonathan Tayler (already dropped 26 points) and a healthy Dalvin Cook (against a horrible defense) this week. To be honest, I'm shocked that I'm even in the running for the playoffs after losing King Henry earlier this year. I made a desperate trade in an attempt to fill that void, and the guy gets injured immediately. I also lost my #1 receiver for most of the year due to mental health issues, as well as my #2 RB right out of the gate due to injury. It's been a tough season, and not just for me, but it's been fun.

Yes, your record is pretty impressive given that you only got one guy out of the first five rounds that could help you: Kittle, and he got off to a slow start then missed a bunch of time.

Win and you are in. I have three opponents this week: Beach Bums, You and my number 1 nemesis, bad luck.

Yes, your record is pretty impressive given that you only got one guy out of the first five rounds that could help you: Kittle, and he got off to a slow start then missed a bunch of time.

Win and you are in. I have three opponents this week: Beach Bums, You and my number 1 nemesis, bad luck.
You must be new to fantasy football. The draft is only about 35% of your season. Rarely does anyone's team end up resembling the team they drafted. Injuries, trades and poor performance lead to a drastically different team at the end.

Najee Harris screwed me and I have to keep him for next year despite that. Oh well at least I'm doing good in my weekly draft kings league

Next year I will be adding an IR spot and we will be placed in divisions based on the finishing order this year. It should make for less disparity in points for versus points against.

Next year I will be adding an IR spot and we will be placed in divisions based on the finishing order this year. It should make for less disparity in points for versus points against.

That sounds cool, just wondering how divisions will change the disparity though?

You must be new to fantasy football. The draft is only about 35% of your season. Rarely does anyone's team end up resembling the team they drafted. Injuries, trades and poor performance lead to a drastically different team at the end.

This is a rather new phenomenon. 10 years ago you could expect your team after week 3 to look like your team at the end of the season. I still haven't adjusted to it, I bet i have done the fewest transactions each season.

That sounds cool, just wondering how divisions will change the disparity though?
The schedule keeps repeating itself every year. I played the same teams the same number of times every year. By seeding divisions based on the results from the previous year, everyone will be playing on a more level playing field, so to speak.

For example, the team in 9th place has had more points scored against them than the leading scoring team has scored, and by a considerable margin. The first place team has had the fewest number of points scored against them and the 2nd place team has had the 2nd fewest points scored against them while being outscored by 8 of the remaining 9 teams, with 7 of those teams being below them in the standings. There's a big disparity among who has a harder or easier schedule. By seeding teams based on how they finished the prior year, the schedules will be more fair to everyone, not just one or two teams and thus unfair to one or two teams.

The schedule keeps repeating itself every year. I played the same teams the same number of times every year. By seeding divisions based on the results from the previous year, everyone will be playing on a more level playing field, so to speak.

For example, the team in 9th place has had more points scored against them than the leading scoring team has scored, and by a considerable margin. The first place team has had the fewest number of points scored against them and the 2nd place team has had the 2nd fewest points scored against them while being outscored by 8 of the remaining 9 teams, with 7 of those teams being below them in the standings. There's a big disparity among who has a harder or easier schedule. By seeding teams based on how they finished the prior year, the schedules will be more fair to everyone, not just one or two teams and thus unfair to one or two teams.

I certainly agree with a rotating schedule but I don't know if it will solve the parity since every team is different every year. Couldn't hurt though

It's all coming down to the two Tuesday games with us, @Hari Seldon ! I have Stafford tomorrow - you have McClaurin, a fairly decent Washington wideout and the Rams' kicker. Yahoo's original projection of your 6 point victory over me has now see-sawed to having me beat you by 25!

So now we know Yahoo's projections mean jack. What's your prediction for tomorrow?

Have you spent so much time on DP that you forgot how to take a compliment? I am hardly new to FFL. I agree the draft is but an element of success, but it is an element. I don't think I have seen too many people get only one of their top 5 picks right and live to tell about it (make the playoffs).

That is cool idea, though I do not know how you implement it. Fantasy football is a bit like blackjack with a large element luck tempered by the illusion of skill.

Speaking of luck, it is about to do in my season..... short of Hurts having the game of his life and Metcalf tripping on his shoelaces tonight, I am afraid I am on the outside looking in on this year's playoff. It's a pity as I think my team was good enough to win it. Unfortunately, it was also fickle enough to be where it is.

This weekend was one of the oddest weekends I have ever seen in fantasy. A lot of NFL teams did not score (I think it was a near record low for touchdowns), hence fantasy studs did not perform. My four rostered wideouts had a total of 6.7 fantasy points this week, so I can't kick myself for playing the wrong guy. Actually, I don't think there is a single player that I cut this year that would have made much of difference in this week's outcome.

Last edited:
That is cool idea, though I do not know how you implement it. Fantasy football is a bit like blackjack with a large element luck tempered by the illusion of skill.

Speaking of luck, it is about to do in my season..... short of Hurts having the game of his life and Metcalf tripping on his shoelaces tonight, I am afraid I am on the outside looking in on this year's playoff. It's a pity as I think my team was good enough to win it. Unfortunately, it was also fickle enough to be where it is.

This weekend was one of the oddest weekends I have ever seen in fantasy. A lot of NFL teams did not score (I think it was a near record low for touchdowns), hence fantasy studs did not perform. My four rostered wideouts had a total of 6.7 fantasy points this week, so I can't kick myself for playing the wrong guy. Actually, I don't think there is a single player that I cut this year that would have made much of difference in this week's outcome.
Even without my #1 draft pick (again) I should finish the season with both the most points for AND most points against (I think....the site is down). Seems like every big game I had I ran into a buzzsaw. Thats the way it goes....I'm probably 2 points away from being the number 2 or 3 seed...instead...Im already in the off season.

Well, somehow I made the playoffs. I don't know how, but I did. What a crazy season!

And the playoffs are set!

Screenshot_20211222-073804_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom