• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Fantasy Football 2021

I can't set the draft order until keepers have been selected and assigned but this will be the draft order:

1 - 4th Generation Warfare (@upsideguy)
2 - Dak to the Future (@Crovax)
3 - GridironGang (@PeacefulWarrior)
4 - Zombie Squad (Brian)
5 - Seattle Reign (@lurchadams)
6 - Beach Bums (Ernesto)
7 - Turn Your Head and Goff (@RedAkston)
8 - Texas Factor (@X Factor)
9 - Regulators (@VanceMack)
10 - Stable Genius (@Hari Seldon)

The draft order has been determined based on how each team finished last year. For the new guys, this is a keeper league and you inherited an existing team, so your draft order is determined as to how that team finished. This is a standard snake (or serpentine) draft where the draft order is reversed for the even numbered rounds (first pick in the odd numbered rounds is the last pick in the even numbered rounds).

Just to re-iterate, you have until Saturday, September 4th to make your keeper selections. The draft is set for 5:30 PM ET on Sunday, September 5th.

Just a reminder to select your keepers if you haven't already. Saturday is the deadline to have them selected.

How can I see what round pick I would give up for a player?

The league has been renewed for yet another season of whining, complaining, crying and chest thumping. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention fun.

Draft date/time: Sunday, September 5, 2021 5:30 PM ET
Keeper designation deadline: Saturday, September 4, 2021

Reminder of how the keeper draft works (2D is new since this is our 2nd year as a keeper league):

1 – Each team can keep 2 players from last year's roster.
2 – You will forfeit your draft pick in this year's draft based on where they were drafted last year, minus 1 round. The exception to this is 1st round picks from last year - you can keep that player and you would give up your 1st round pick to do so.
2A – Example: I drafted Derrick Henry last year in the 2nd round. If I want to keep him, I forfeit my 1st round pick in this year's draft.
2B – It matters where the player was drafted last year, not that you were the one who drafted him. In other words, if Team A drafted Player X in the 7th round and that player was dropped and picked up by another team or that player was traded to another team, the team that had the player on their roster at the end of the season last year is the one who can choose to keep that player and they would give up their 6th round pick in this year's draft in order to do so in this example.
2C – Players that were undrafted last year may be kept if they were on your roster at the end of the 2020 season. In order to keep them, you would forfeit the round that they are projected to be drafted in this year's draft based on Yahoo's ADP for the 2021 season.
2D - You cannot keep both players you drafted in the first two rounds. Example - I can't keep Michael Thomas (my 1st round pick last year) AND Derrick Henry (my 2nd round pick) because I only have 1 first round pick to give up.
3 – The deadline to assign your keepers is Saturday, September 4th, 2021.
4 – You don't have to keep any players from your 2020 end-of-season roster if you don't want to. If you choose to not keep anyone, you won't have to forfeit any draft picks. In addition, if you decide to keep just 1 player, you will only have to give up the 1 draft pick.

Other notes:

1 – We are a “keeper” league (see draft rules above)
2 – We are ½ point PPR league. The player catching the forward pass will get .5 points for each reception – this is in addition to whatever points they receive for yardage. An interception does not count as this is counted as an interception and not a reception.
3 – The playoffs will consist of the top 4 finishers in the league based on record (tie breaker is overall points scored)
4 – Draft order will be determined by reverse order of how each team finished last year.

2021 DP FFL Team List

Team Name (Manager)
Stable Genius (Hari Seldon) - CONFIRMED
Regulators (VanceMack) - CONFIRMED
TeXas Factor (X Factor) - CONFIRMED
Don't fool me Wentz (RedAkston) - CONFIRMED
Beach Bums (Ernesto - a friend of mine) - CONFIRMED
Seattle Reign (lurchadams) - CONFIRMED
GridironGang (PeacefulWarrior) - CONFIRMED
Dak to the Future (Crovax) - CONFIRMED
Zeke-A Virus (Brian, a friend of mine) - CONFIRMED
4th Generation Warfare (upsideguy) - CONFIRMED

I will update the list above as managers are confirmed and as team names change.

We have three open spots as of now. This may change if others are not participating this year. New managers will inherit one of the former managers teams for the purposes of keepers. The team they inherit will be determined by a random draw.

Will the following people please check in and advise if you are playing this year?

@Hari Seldon @VanceMack @X Factor @lurchadams @Crovax
I'm in my team now. How do you tell the league the two players you're keeping?

How can I see what round pick I would give up for a player?
This is your team at season's end from last year as well as the team you drafted last year. Let's say you wanted to keep Josh Allen and Marvin Jones, you would forfeit your 6th round pick to keep Allen and your 10th round pick in this year's draft to keep them (Marvin Jones was taken in the 11th round in last year's draft - pics below). While you didn't draft Marvin Jones, it matters where the player was drafted overall, not whether you were the one who drafted them.

1630713412137.png 1630713466215.png 1630713716877.png

I'm in my team now. How do you tell the league the two players you're keeping?

1630714047797.png

Check the box of the players (if any) that you want to keep)

1630714128501.png

Save your selections

1630714207267.png

Note: you have to do this from the website - you can't do this from the app.

@upsideguy @Crovax @PeacefulWarrior @lurchadams @X Factor @VanceMack @Hari Seldon

If any of you have any issues, problems or questions, send me a PM here. I won't lock the teams until Sunday morning. After that, the keepers are set and locked into place.

Good luck to you all and may one of you finish in 2nd place this year, right behind me.
LOL - "Number 2" is my middle name.

The two guys I would have kept are Questionable right now, health-wise. I'm gonna shake the etch-a-sketch and start over for '21. All new players! Based on how shitty I did in '20, I should get some high draft picks at least!

Today was the deadline and apparently it has now passed. Let me know who you want to keep and I'll adjust this.

I was able to get in and make the changes for my team yesterday. Should be good for McCafrey and Diggs.

It might have been mentioned, but I dont think you can save your keepers via the app, if people are trying that. You have to go through the actual website.

Today was the deadline and apparently it has now passed. Let me know who you want to keep and I'll adjust this.
How can you tell who the keepers are? I kept Kamara and Eckler but I can't tell from the website.

The draft is tomorrow, 2:30 Seattle/LA Pacific 3:30 Denver/Mountain 4:30 Dallas/Chicago/Central 5:30 for the folks with flooded basements :(

The only keeper I designated was Jonathan Taylor, for a 3rd round pick (he was picked in the fourth round last year). When I checked on Thursday, he had a 'check' for keeper next to his name, and I saved it. I trust that is what you show, but I intend to only keep Taylor.

How can you tell who the keepers are? I kept Kamara and Eckler but I can't tell from the website.
The keepers are now locked. I'll finalize the teams shortly.

Team (owner) - Keepers (draft round forfeited)

4th Generation Warfare (@upsideguy) - Jonathan Taylor (3)
Dak to the Future (@Crovax) - Josh Allen (6)
GridironGang (@PeacefulWarrior) - Patrick Mahomes (1); Tom Brady (7)
Zeke-A Virus (Brian) - Kyler Murray (9); Ezekiel Elliot (1)
Seattle Reign (@lurchadams) - none
Beach Bums (Ernesto) - DK Metcalf (5); Aaron Rodgers (11)
Don't Fool me Wentz (@RedAkston) - Derrick Henry (1); Antonio Gibson (7)
Texas Factor (@X Factor) - Davante Adams (1)
Regulators (@VanceMack) - Stefon Diggs (7); Christian McCaffrey (1)
Stable Genius (@Hari Seldon) - Alvin Kamara (1); Austin Ekeler (2)

Last edited:
Attention!!! As you know my team name has been " Dak to the future" for a few years well the future is here so I have changed to a more relevant team name "Please Get Dakcinated" just so yall will know when you are wondering who the **** won the championship this year

Attention!!! As you know my team name has been " Dak to the future" for a few years well the future is here so I have changed to a more relevant team name "Please Get Dakcinated" just so yall will know when you are wondering who the **** won the championship this year

This ain't the Academy Awards. Being politically correct will gain you nothing in the standings.

This ain't the Academy Awards. Being politically correct will gain you nothing in the standings.

I'm not sure what a you think is politically correct about Dak and by extension my fantasy team bending you over and Dakcinatig you

Poor @RedAkston - he painstakingly took the full time between each draft pick - probably working with 2 or 3 statistical, predictive models to do an analysis. And he ended up drafting a respectable looking team!

What was my draft technique? Nonexistent. I drafted like a drunken sailor, taking little or no time between picks, accidentally drafting 3 TE's and 3 QB's!

How did I get punished for my drafting negligence? In week one, I'm beating my opponent with one of the highest scores in the league.

Red's reward for his drafting diligence? He's getting spanked like a masochist in a dungeon.

Life just isn't fair sometimes, is it?

LOL...

Back
Top Bottom