• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP Fantasy Football 2021

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The league has been renewed for yet another season of whining, complaining, crying and chest thumping. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention fun.

Draft date/time: Sunday, September 5, 2021 5:30 PM ET
Keeper designation deadline: Saturday, September 4, 2021

Reminder of how the keeper draft works (2D is new since this is our 2nd year as a keeper league):

1 – Each team can keep 2 players from last year's roster.
2 – You will forfeit your draft pick in this year's draft based on where they were drafted last year, minus 1 round. The exception to this is 1st round picks from last year - you can keep that player and you would give up your 1st round pick to do so.
2A – Example: I drafted Derrick Henry last year in the 2nd round. If I want to keep him, I forfeit my 1st round pick in this year's draft.
2B – It matters where the player was drafted last year, not that you were the one who drafted him. In other words, if Team A drafted Player X in the 7th round and that player was dropped and picked up by another team or that player was traded to another team, the team that had the player on their roster at the end of the season last year is the one who can choose to keep that player and they would give up their 6th round pick in this year's draft in order to do so in this example.
2C – Players that were undrafted last year may be kept if they were on your roster at the end of the 2020 season. In order to keep them, you would forfeit the round that they are projected to be drafted in this year's draft based on Yahoo's ADP for the 2021 season.
2D - You cannot keep both players you drafted in the first two rounds. Example - I can't keep Michael Thomas (my 1st round pick last year) AND Derrick Henry (my 2nd round pick) because I only have 1 first round pick to give up.
3 – The deadline to assign your keepers is Saturday, September 4th, 2021.
4 – You don't have to keep any players from your 2020 end-of-season roster if you don't want to. If you choose to not keep anyone, you won't have to forfeit any draft picks. In addition, if you decide to keep just 1 player, you will only have to give up the 1 draft pick.

Other notes:

1 – We are a “keeper” league (see draft rules above)
2 – We are ½ point PPR league. The player catching the forward pass will get .5 points for each reception – this is in addition to whatever points they receive for yardage. An interception does not count as this is counted as an interception and not a reception.
3 – The playoffs will consist of the top 4 finishers in the league based on record (tie breaker is overall points scored)
4 – Draft order will be determined by reverse order of how each team finished last year.

2021 DP FFL Team List

Team Name (Manager)
Stable Genius (Hari Seldon) - CONFIRMED
Regulators (VanceMack) - CONFIRMED
TeXas Factor (X Factor) - CONFIRMED
Don't fool me Wentz (RedAkston) - CONFIRMED
Beach Bums (Ernesto - a friend of mine) - CONFIRMED
Seattle Reign (lurchadams) - CONFIRMED
GridironGang (PeacefulWarrior) - CONFIRMED
Dak to the Future (Crovax) - CONFIRMED
Zeke-A Virus (Brian, a friend of mine) - CONFIRMED
4th Generation Warfare (upsideguy) - CONFIRMED

I will update the list above as managers are confirmed and as team names change.

We have three open spots as of now. This may change if others are not participating this year. New managers will inherit one of the former managers teams for the purposes of keepers. The team they inherit will be determined by a random draw.

Will the following people please check in and advise if you are playing this year?

@Hari Seldon @VanceMack @X Factor @lurchadams @Crovax

Last edited:
The league has been renewed for yet another season of whining, complaining, crying and chest thumping. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention fun.

Reminder of how the keeper draft works (2D is new since this is our 2nd year as a keeper league):

2 – You will forfeit your draft pick in this year's draft based on where they were drafted last year, minus 1 round. The exception to this is 1st round picks from last year - you can keep that player and you would give up your 1st round pick to do so.
2A – Example: I drafted Derrick Henry last year in the 2nd round. If I want to keep him, I forfeit my 1st round pick in this year's draft.
2B – It matters where the player was drafted last year, not that you were the one who drafted him. In other words, if Team A drafted Player X in the 7th round and that player was dropped and picked up by another team or that player was traded to another team, the team that had the player on their roster at the end of the season last year is the one who can choose to keep that player and they would give up their 6th round pick in this year's draft in order to do so in this example.
2C – Players that were undrafted last year may be kept if they were on your roster at the end of the 2020 season. In order to keep them, you would forfeit the round that they are projected to be drafted in this year's draft based on Yahoo's ADP for the 2021 season.
2D - You cannot keep both players you drafted in the first two rounds. Example - I can't keep Michael Thomas (my 1st round pick last year) AND Derrick Henry (my 2nd round pick) because I only have 1 first round pick to give up.
4 – You don't have to keep any players from your 2020 end-of-season roster if you don't want to. If you choose to not keep anyone, you won't have to forfeit any draft picks. In addition, if you decide to keep just 1 player, you will only have to give up the 1 draft pick.

Other notes:

2 – We are ½ point PPR league. The player catching the forward pass will get .5 points for each reception – this is in addition to whatever points they receive for yardage. An interception does not count as this is counted as an interception and not a reception.
3 – The playoffs will consist of the top 4 finishers in the league based on record (tie breaker is overall points scored)
4 – Draft order will be determined by reverse order of how each team finished last year.

2021 DP FFL Team List

Team Name (Manager)
Stable Genius (Hari Seldon) -
Regulators (VanceMack) -
TeXas Factor (X Factor) -
TBD (RedAkston) - CONFIRMED
Beach Bums (Ernesto - a friend of mine) -
Seattle Reign (lurchadams) -
GridironGang (Jake - a friend of mine) -
Dak to the Future (Crovax) -
OPEN (formerly Bucky) -
OPEN (formerly ecofarm) -

I will update the list above as managers are confirmed and as team names change.

We have two open spots as of now. This may change if others are not participating this year. New managers will inherit one of the former managers teams for the purposes of keepers. The team they inherit will be determined by a random draw.

Will the following people please check in and advise if you are playing this year?

Defending CHAMPION! Of course I'm in.

Other notes:

2021 DP FFL Team List

Team Name (Manager)
Stable Genius (Hari Seldon) -
Regulators (VanceMack) -
TeXas Factor (X Factor) -
TBD (RedAkston) - CONFIRMED
Beach Bums (Ernesto - a friend of mine) -
Seattle Reign (lurchadams) -
GridironGang (Jake - a friend of mine) -
Dak to the Future (Crovax) -
OPEN (formerly Bucky) -

We have two open spots as of now. This may change if others are not participating this year. New managers will inherit one of the former managers teams for the purposes of keepers. The team they inherit will be determined by a random draw.

I'll try not to start injured players this season!

I'll try not to start injured players this season!
I'm okay with that if I'm your opponent. LOL! Who stopped playing last year and started a bunch of players who were out? That really wasn't very fair.

I'm okay with that if I'm your opponent. LOL! Who stopped playing last year and started a bunch of players who were out? That really wasn't very fair.
Ecofarm is out as he has done this 2 years in a row and Bucky dumped his entire roster when he was eliminated from the playoffs. Neither will be back this year.

Im in. So...can we talk trades BEFORE the draft?

Ecofarm is out as he has done this 2 years in a row and Bucky dumped his entire roster when he was eliminated from the playoffs. Neither will be back this year.
I really going to miss the daily explanation of why Bucky's team is REALLY the bestest......

Im in. So...can we talk trades BEFORE the draft?
No trades before the draft (no one has a roster yet) and no trading draft picks.

Obviously I'm out. Covid destroyed the last of my football interest. I'll try to throw in a heckle at the sports subforum or your fantasy thread now and then.

@X Factor does your "Like" mean that you're in?

So McCaffrey would be my 1st choice...I lose a first rounder for him. I cant keep cook because he is also a first rounder. Im looking at Stefon Diggs as my 2nd keeper pick. What draft pick do I give up for him?

So McCaffrey would be my 1st choice...I lose a first rounder for him. I cant keep cook because he is also a first rounder. Im looking at Stefon Diggs as my 2nd keeper pick. What draft pick do I give up for him?
Round 7, good move. I have to give up Kamara or Kelce.

Round 7, good move. I have to give up Kamara or Kelce.
I know who I would keep...

and its not the guy that single handedly kicked my ass last year.

Other notes:

2021 DP FFL Team List

Team Name (Manager)
Stable Genius (Hari Seldon) - CONFIRMED
Regulators (VanceMack) - CONFIRMED
TeXas Factor (X Factor) - CONFIRMED
Turn your head and Goff (RedAkston) - CONFIRMED
Beach Bums (Ernesto - a friend of mine) - CONFIRMED
Seattle Reign (lurchadams) - CONFIRMED
OPEN (formerly Jake, a friend of mine) -
Dak to the Future (Crovax) - CONFIRMED
OPEN (formerly Bucky) -

We have three open spots as of now. This may change if others are not participating this year. New managers will inherit one of the former managers teams for the purposes of keepers. The team they inherit will be determined by a random draw.

I love to try my hand at this if you have an opening. I have played for 20 years at ESPN. I don't quit or throw hissy fits, which seems to be a qualification.

I love to try my hand at this if you have an opening. I have played for 20 years at ESPN. I don't quit or throw hissy fits, which seems to be a qualification.
You might want to send Red a PM.

2 of the 3 open spots are spoken for. Just need 1 more to fill the league.

I've filled the last team with a friend of mine. I will do a random draw for who gets what team and send out the e-mails to the new owners in the next few days.

Edit: I've sent out invites to the three new manager to the e-mail address on file here.

Last edited:
@upsideguy check your email for your invite. Everyone is in except you.

Back
Top Bottom