• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)

Quick reply would be ok if the Firefox spellchecker worked in it. AS is, defaulting to quick reply is my only real gripe about the software change.

Chrome's spellchecker works. Switch to Chrome! ;)

What OS are you using? What resolution are you running? What theme (lower left hand drop down menu) are you using?

I'm running Windows XP at 800 x 600 resolution (I'm old; anything higher and I can't read what's on the screen and I end up having to scroll left and right to see everything. Bah!), with the DP three dot oh theme.

I have personally put in a request to vauge to change the generic Reply box back to the Advanced Reply box. It is annoying as hell. However, if you double click on either the "Reply" or "Reply with Quote" buttons, it will take you to the Advanced Reply screen. I just hate having to double click something in a browser window (it's unnatural).

Heh. Me too! Thanks for following up on this!

I'm running Windows XP at 800 x 600 resolution (I'm old; anything higher and I can't read what's on the screen and I end up having to scroll left and right to see everything. Bah!), with the DP three dot oh theme.

Your resolution is most likely the cause, but we will look into it.

Last edited:
I'm rather certain that by now someone has already mentioned this but what's up with all the dead space in the posts when you reply? Gotta page down just to get to the words.

I don't like this new stuff. But I guess I can live with it if all you guys do.

i dunno if this is a problem with my settings or not, but when someone posts a picture, it won't automatically resize, and if its particularly large, it'll overhang the page by a mile or two, any help?

(i've tried looking in my settings to change it, but i didn't see the option for it, but i may have just missed it)

i dunno if this is a problem with my settings or not, but when someone posts a picture, it won't automatically resize, and if its particularly large, it'll overhang the page by a mile or two, any help?

(i've tried looking in my settings to change it, but i didn't see the option for it, but i may have just missed it)

I have the opposit problem: usualy pictures do not display at all.

Hmmm...

Still just the same three skins that are too ****ing ugly to deal with...

Next version will fix the resize issue. Should be out soon.

What...hasn't this version ****ed things up enough?

99% of us seem to be just fine with DP 3.0. Maybe a lesser board with posters more in line with your inablity to accept change is in order?

99% of us seem to be just fine with DP 3.0. Maybe a lesser board with posters more in line with your inablity to accept change is in order?

I have no problem with change.

I have a problem with a lack of aesthetics. There are three skins available. All three are ugly.

A forum that I used to enjoy now literally gives me a headache to just look at. I keep checking back hoping that there will be a skin added that is not physically painful to look at.

I have no problem with change.

I have a problem with a lack of aesthetics. There are three skins available. All three are ugly.

A forum that I used to enjoy now literally gives me a headache to just look at. I keep checking back hoping that there will be a skin added that is not physically painful to look at.

Serious Q - how does it give you a headache? I was a fairly strong objector to the color schemes when we first made the switch over, but the combination of constant tweaking by vauge/hugh/others and simply getting used to it has made it so that I don't even notice the difference any more.

If there are any complaints I can think of, they're technical, not visual.

Serious Q - how does it give you a headache? I was a fairly strong objector to the color schemes when we first made the switch over, but the combination of constant tweaking by vauge/hugh/others and simply getting used to it has made it so that I don't even notice the difference any more.

If there are any complaints I can think of, they're technical, not visual.

In the time that it took me to get to this thread and click "View First Unread", my eyes are already hurting, physically hurting, this is not hyperbole. This happens with all three skins.

The Old_DP skin is the least objectionable, but that is only by a very small amount.

Now, I'm done with this board for now because the backs of my eyes are throbbing and it is starting to work it's way back into a full headache.

I have a complaint about a visual annoyance. It used to be on User CP you had an option of hiding the infractions. Now you don't have that option. I only had a couple of things on there, but I liked it better when I could hide them.

In the time that it took me to get to this thread and click "View First Unread", my eyes are already hurting, physically hurting, this is not hyperbole. This happens with all three skins.

The Old_DP skin is the least objectionable, but that is only by a very small amount.

Now, I'm done with this board for now because the backs of my eyes are throbbing and it is starting to work it's way back into a full headache.

I'm sorry to hear that and don't really know what else to say. I haven't heard of anyone else mentioning this, and I don't really know what exactly about the layout could possibly be causing such an immediate and strong physical reaction.

Today @ 03:18 AM

seems this is not the case. too bad.

Would it be possible to add a message timestamp to the Spy display? Sometimes it seems as if it stops refreshing and I reload it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom