• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)

Where are the smilies to the right of the reply screen?

I hope they are not major issues. :(
Either way, we will get them fixed if we can.

I've seen no actual technical issues. If people are seeing glitches, though, screenshots are better than text for showing what issues they are seeing

What happened to my other post on this thread? It used to be that you had smilie choices right there, how do I find them?

What happened to my other post on this thread? It used to be that you had smilie choices right there, how do I find them?

Double click reply or reply with quote.

Single click opens quick reply without the smilies.

Double click reply or reply with quote.

Single click opens quick reply without the smilies.

It will take a while to get used to double clicking. I personally prefer the Advanced Reply being the default (single click).

It will take a while to get used to double clicking. I personally prefer the Advanced Reply being the default (single click).

Alternatively, having there be a button for quick reply and a button for advanced reply.

As of right now, double clicking "reply" and "reply with quote" leads to the exact same page. I'm not sure why that's necessary. Couldn't one button default to quick reply and the other default to advanced with quote?

New thanks appear to no longer be applied to one's total thanks count (which appears under one's avatar).
I've been thanked several times in the past few hours, yet my thanks count hasn't changed.
It seems to be frozen at what it was when the forum was upgraded.

Oops, my mistake.
I was looking at this:

Thanks 6,291

Which is not changing, but I guess that's the number of thanks I give out, not the number I receive.

I would suggest a black bold around the forum folder and subfolders to make them easier to read and click on.

ie: " Forum * Debate Politics Forum * Feedback / Suggestions * DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)"

It gets a little busy up there with 3 single spaced lines so close to each other :)

Last edited:
I'm still not sure what you mean when you say "scaling problem." The only thing that I've noticed is that the text in the user box is smaller than it used to be. That is easily fixable, and everything else looks perfectly normal (font size wise).

Is it showing up differently for you? Can you post a pic of it?
First, when I "Reply with quote", I'm getting the smaller/compressed 'quick reply box' in which my Cursor keeps hopping around when I go past a few lines 'against' the 'bottom' of that box.
MADDENING! I'm having to use my arrow keys to move the cursor as my mouse 'bumping' against the bottom of the box just moves the cursor back up.
I can't place the cursor with the mouse.
Can't get the Full reply box most of the time.

(((It's not until I'm editing like now that I get a full and stable box to post in.)))

What I mean RNYC? Sign out and look at this section Or even looking signed in.
You'll note the Titles that aren't bolded for lack of being read, can't easily be discerned from all the Info underneath {{OP name, which is OK if it were alone, and Date and Time info which is needless.}}
IOW, the lines all look the same/Blur together but for length. The fonts are virtually the same, but the Title ones should be bolder than "posted by xxxx at 12:33 on 6, 27, 2010".
makes the page look like one long block of fonts on the left side.

This is tedious to explain and to post because of the reply box situation as well as trying to explain the obvious.

Last edited:
I increased the font, let me know if that looks better.

Keep those ideas coming. :) :)

Yes it does loook better Vauge, these fonts and those of Every OP may need a slight Thickening as well. But let's leave it for now. There are other slight adjustments too.

The Main problem:

Please DROP all info underneath ALL string titles except String starter name.
That was the old bd style and still on others like PF. (see below)
Date and time is too long and about the same font size/thickness and obscures not only the OP, but makes the whole page undiscernable (as to Title), just a long list/Block of same thickness fonts.
All the sections ergo are Muddled messes, except those titles that get bolded for not having been read.

This is Clear:
http://www.politicalforum.com/middle-east/

This is a Disastrous Muddle due to same size fonts of title and extra date and time info:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/middle-east/

That should be clear now. Yes?

-

Last edited:
iSpy back under quick links
usernames much larger now
font in postbit (under avatar) larger

I increased the font, let me know if that looks better.

Keep those ideas coming. :) :)

You sir, are most wonderful.

:2razz: OK, I got it, thanks.

Reply with quote seems squeezed into a tiny space at the bottom of the post that you want to quote. It's barely noticeable.

Oh, I remember the post that somehow got lost somewhere. How do you change skins? I wanted to try new ones.

Oh, I remember the post that somehow got lost somewhere. How do you change skins? I wanted to try new ones.

Bottom left of website, a dropdown list next to another dropdown list for languages.

OK, the double click works well, and if you forget to do so and want the smilies, then you can still double click. I figured out how to change skins. The green machine is better, not as faded looking and I like the color very much. :2wave:

Bottom left of website, a dropdown list next to another dropdown list for languages.

It's also under Setting>>>My Settings>>>General Settings

Look at how "reply with quote" is scrunched at the bottom of the post to be quoted. It needs to be fatter and more visible. I like the way the box appears right below the post to be quoted though.

The forum is working smoothly and loading quickly.

I notice that Reverend Hellhound's name is getting cut off on the panel to the left of the post. The S goes on the next line.

Just a few words...

Per the old version... our ability to upload/import new security/system updates would terminate sooner rather than later. Version 4.0 is very robust in security enhancements and it is critical to stay ahead of the threat curve.

As with any new software product release, there will be initial bugs in the coding and ghosts in the machine. Some of these glitches we can fix ourselves, while other problems will require patches from Jelsoft. Your experiences and feedback are very helpful in identifying such technical issues.

Per the graphical user interface (GUI), the 4.0 template provided by Jelsoft was extremely basic and bland... almost everything was white and stark. Just getting it to this point required numerous CSS modifications. It will be impossible to visually re-create the old DP with the new version. But we will continue to tweak things incrementally such as the layout, color palate, font size/weight, button/icon locations, smilies, and aspect ratios. This is a work in progress, and your highly valued comments help us greatly in prioritizing such tweaks.

As much as is possible, enhancements we enjoyed in the old version will be imported/incorporated into the new version as time goes on and server/software stability increases.

Can't find where to change User Title, but it's no biggie. If anyone spots it, please let me know.

What you see is the new default theme for Debate Politics. At the lower left corner, you will see a drop down menu where you can select alternate themes. Yes it is going to look different as it is a new package. Some will like it and some will not. This upgrade was necessary for multiple reasons. This was not change for the necessity of change, this was a change that was going to happen sooner or later.

Things will look a bit different and there are a lot of new features coming down the road that are going to be exciting. DP will have it's own Blogs section, in addition to a CMS side of DP where news articles can be posted. We will have the arcade back up in time as well.

If there is a theme you would like to see available, please PM me and we can discuss what you are looking for. We will do our best to accommodate as many as we can as far as theme choices that are made available to you.

On behalf of Jallman I would like to request a pink hello kitty theme :2wave:

Can the awards be placed somewhere other than to the right of the avatar?

Back
Top Bottom