• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)

Tashags point is an important one to remember.

VB3 was a very mature software package with many years of tweaking, upgrading, and maturing of the code and look. Version 3.7 was the benefactor of that and had LOTs of options.

VB4 is relatively new, and in a code sense very immature...but with a FAR higher cieling than version 3. What you see on an IB3 board like political forum or even the old DP may not yet be able to be done with VB4 yet. This is not on Vauge or Hiugh but sinply the software. Indeed this current layout is one of the better I've seen in VB4 is a long way from where they started with it.

this doesn't mean you shouldn't make suggestions,Please Do :). I rwrite this simply to ask for you to understand that if something can't be done like a VB3 board it's because of the new software and may ne possible later.

Ultimeately though the security benefits are large with VB4 as are some other features.

Tashags point is an important one to remember.

VB3 was a very mature software package with many years of tweaking, upgrading, and maturing of the code and look. Version 3.7 was the benefactor of that and had LOTs of options.

VB4 is relatively new, and in a code sense very immature...but with a FAR higher cieling than version 3. What you see on an IB3 board like political forum or even the old DP may not yet be able to be done with VB4 yet. This is not on Vauge or Hiugh but sinply the software. Indeed this current layout is one of the better I've seen in VB4 is a long way from where they started with it.

this doesn't mean you shouldn't make suggestions,Please Do :). I rwrite this simply to ask for you to understand that if something can't be done like a VB3 board it's because of the new software and may ne possible later.

Ultimeately though the security benefits are large with VB4 as are some other features.

lol "Tashags" :D

LOL Posting from my Pre and it was a long post so didn't check my spelling too closely :p

I'm using the old theme right now, and I'd like to see more separation where it says "Re: DP 3.0 Issues (Visual)" and the post. Along with the other suggestions, I think that shoud be good, plus getting the leans back.
Removed that line altogether.

What are the security benefits of VB4?
For one, we longer need to worry about EOL of 3.8 also some of our addons were revisited which needed an overhaul.

I would drop the thread rating stars down to the next line

9OTrr.png

What Can? be done now, as I said in post #36 to vauge (both it and #35 to RNYC) Unanswered.
Is:
me said:
The Main problem:

Please DROP all info underneath ALL string titles except String starter name.
That was the old bd style and still on others like PF. (see below)
Date and time is too long and about the same font size/thickness and obscures not only the OP, but makes the whole page undiscernable (as to Title), just a long list/Block of same thickness fonts.
All the sections ergo are Muddled messes, except those titles that get bolded for not having been read.

This is Clear:
Middle East - Political Forum

This is a Disastrous Muddle due to same size fonts of title and extra date and time info:
Middle East

That should be clear now. Yes?

I don't know if VB 4.0 will allow that adjustment but it will make the String Titles stand out more from the much shorter poster's handle.
Right now title is obscured by the Length of the other info (time/date) included underneath it.
That will help until the whole format/Font problem is redone/patched by vb; if ever.
-
BTW (Bug the way), I have the Full 'reply box' and my Cursor, when mouse-driven/clicked, Hops back up to what was the original reply box size.

And One has to remember, vb 4.0 was in Beta for Months, and it's still Grotesque and obvious problems were allowed in final form. Such as 'Reply/quick reply' one.
This shows ZERO mb capability and ken. ZERO.
And to Apologists for 'New' 4.0, it was not only in Beta for months but they had 3.0's experience. Claiming this is a completely new system is Moronic.

PS: I noticed the online indicator light has been fixed/enlarged. 1 down.
Thx

Last edited:
I am truly listening. :)

However, I do not quite understand a couple of these. I do know that almost *everything* is adjustable in vb4.

I don't know if VB 4.0 will allow that adjustment but it will make the String Titles stand out more from the much shorter poster's handle.
Right now title is obscured by the Length of the other info (time/date) included underneath it.
That will help until the whole format/Font problem is redone/patched by vb; if ever.
I am confused by what you are requesting. Are you saying the time is obfuscating the post titles and usernames?
There is a "start" time [under the title] and a "last post" time [far right] in the thread display.
Are you asking that the "times" be a different font? I think we can handle that. However, there have been some concerns of fonts being too small.
I'll see if we can MOVE the time over like the older style and see if that helps. No promises but I'll see what I can do.

BTW (Bug the way), I have the Full 'reply box' and my Cursor, when mouse-driven/clicked, Hops back up to what was the original reply box size.
Tell me more. What Browser are you using?

PS: I noticed the online indicator light has been fixed/enlarged. 1 down.
Thx
:)

My color scheme is not remembered when I log out. I have to reset it when I log back in. Green Machine FTW.

Thank you for deleting some of the icons on the bottom of the posts. All of my reply options fit nicely now.

I am truly listening. :)

However, I do not quite understand a couple of these. I do know that almost *everything* is adjustable in vb4.
Ooooof.

I am confused by what you are requesting. Are you saying the time is obfuscating the post titles and usernames?
There is a "start" time [under the title] and a "last post" time [far right] in the thread display.
Are you asking that the "times" be a different font? I think we can handle that. However, there have been some concerns of fonts being too small.
I'll see if we can MOVE the time over like the older style and see if that helps. No promises but I'll see what I can do.
This is unbearable and excruciating.
UN...believable.
I've explained it to DEATH. Ad INFINITUM.

I'm saying the name/time/date are too long, as long as the String Title.
Therefore string titles (because the fonts aren't Bold enough too) ergo Don't stand out from that Info Underneath! And the left side of the board looks like a long muddled list of text.
I even gave the PF example WITH LINK!!!!!! where they only use the Poster name underneath and therefore the String title stands out more.

Am I speaklng English? It just can't be explained any more fully.

Right now W7/IE8
Chrome other times.
-

Last edited:
Ooooof.

This is unbearable and excruciating.
UN...believable.
I've explained it to DEATH. Ad INFINITUM.

I'm saying the name/time/date are too long, as long as the String Title.
Therefore string titles (because the fonts aren't bold enough too) ergo Don't stand out from that Info Underneath! And the left side oif the board looks like a long muddled list of text.
I even gave the PF example WITH LINK!!!!!! where they only use the Poster name underneath and therefore the String title stands out more.

Am I speaklng English and is this your first language?

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps if you focused on your issue instead of YELLING, blaming and carrying on you would be able to cope with communicating a bit better.

:roll:

I know you are upset, but there is no need to be aggressive. I think I understand what you are talking about now.
Give me a few minutes...

I know you are upset, but there is no need to be aggressive. I think I understand what you are talking about now.
Give me a few minutes...
Sorry, but this is tedious.
Any more painful lack of communication that's so typical on the net and I'm going to call :^)

Many of the mods that we've been multi-replying with by PM I think Understand this. And understand it's the biggest problem.

1. The Font Size of the String Titles should be much stronger relative to the info underneath ... now... poster/date/time.
2. Only poster name is needed underneath title anyway, the rest obscures the titles.

3. That's how our bd was and I linked/PF is now.

Take all the time you need.. it's your football.

Another example.
When you look at the overall Feedback section page....
THIS string says underneath the title ""Started by Hugh_Akston, Yesterday 10:17 PM""
When all it need say is ""Hugh_Akston"".
That's it!
PERIOD.
String titles will then be discernable/Stand out from the needless "Clutter" underneath.
then we can work on the font problem; making the string titles bolder.

Last edited:
1. The Font Size of the String Titles should be much stronger relative to the info underneath ... now... poster/date/time.
2. Only poster name is needed underneath title anyway, the rest obscures the titles.

3. That's how our bd was and I linked/PF is now.

Take all the time you need.. it's your football.

Another example.
When you look at the overall Feedback section page....
THIS string says underneath the title ""Started by Hugh_Akston, Yesterday 10:17 PM""
When all it need say is ""Hugh_Akston"".
That's it!
PERIOD.
String titles will then be discernable/Stand out from the needless "Clutter" underneath.
then we can work on the font problem; making the string titles bolder.

When I look at it, the thread titles are bolder. Don't know if that's a recent change or not, but it looks fine to me. Also, I like having the "started by....yesterday 10:17 PM" language, as it's useful information.

Here's what I see:

rightinnyc-albums-pics-picture67111793-bolded.jpg

Last edited:
When I look at it, the thread titles are bolder. Don't know if that's a recent change or not, but it looks fine to me.
NO they aren't and I've had several mods agree.
I showed the PF comparison for just one.
Perhaps you should have let the discussion you Locked go on longer to learn more about the weak fonts and Clutter look it mentioned in no uncertain terms.
This is a widely held view, if not just you for disagreement sake.
The Source I quoted mentioned the poor people who aren't young with perfect vision trying to make out the board in light OF the font problem.
my locked string Third Party/Irfan View Forum OP said:
Users have said many of the things I have, pointing the Poorer Readability due to the cluttered layout that has Less contrast with odd fonts/colors. They are hoping in the coming weeks that better themes will come out for us to pick from.

If I find it bad with my great eyesight and young age, I can imagine how others must be dealing with it with handicaps.
Many of the elements have been Toned Down to the point that they are virtually Nondistinctive.

For instance, the Online Indicator is so Small and Dull it gives so Little indication. The reputation indicator is actually brighter!

Only one thing I can ever be sure of.. is your gratuitous argumentativeness.
I wish I could bet on it somewhere.

Also, I like having the "started by....yesterday 10:17 PM" language, as it's useful information.
That's nice! but first lets make this thing clearly readable a for everyone else.
-

EDIT: AS I said prognosticated above, the Below is pure Argumentative/Obnoxious BS, as always. While I have supported my view, RNYC will BS you to 5AM.
But Not me.
I'm done with him now.
in the way he should be dealt with.
Refute him and ignore his BS Last-wording.

Last edited:
NO they aren't and I've had several mods agree.
-

Can you see the picture above your post?

That's how the "new posts" page looks. If the individual forum pages looked like that, would that be to your satisfaction?

Perhaps you shoiuld have let the discussion you Locked go on longer to learn more about the weak fonts and Clutter look it mentioned in no uncertaqin terms.

And now that you brought it to the proper thread, we can discuss it to your heart's content.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to see back is the thread title included in each post.

I like to bring up more than one window at a time. When the thread title was in each and every post, it reminds me what I'm posting on.

My color scheme is not remembered when I log out. I have to reset it when I log back in. Green Machine FTW.
Mine was. Using Google Chrome here.

One thing I'd like to see back is the thread title included in each post.

I like to bring up more than one window at a time. When the thread title was in each and every post, it reminds me what I'm posting on.

I think it was there yesterday, not sure if that's a recent change.

Does the thread title still show up for you on the tab?

Back
Top Bottom