• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Technical)

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Please post any technical issues you have with the new site here so we can work on them as they come up. Let's consolidate all the technical issues into one place so it is easier for us to look into them.

In regards to the "look", please do not post complaints about that here. There will be a separate thread for that as well.

In the User CP/"settings," the first letters of the options on the left overlap the icons.

The text paint pallet is jumping around in reaction to the courser.

I use Firefox 3.0

Attachments

• paintspill.jpg
    paintspill.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
No iSPy button at top of forum.

At the bottom of every post there are icons to send the post to Facebook or reddit or Twitter, etc. There are about 9 icons. It is causing trouble when the post actions are too wide. After post a message you also have the Edit Post action.

At first I thought I could ask that the icons be moved to left margin, just right of the report post icon. However, there may still be a width problem.

Then I came up with a good solution: allow each of us to mark which icons we want to see in our settings. I would choose to see none, but others may want them. Is that doable?

Thanks for the hard work!

In the User CP/"settings," the first letters of the options on the left overlap the icons.

At the bottom of every post there are icons to send the post to Facebook or reddit or Twitter, etc. There are about 9 icons. It is causing trouble when the post actions are too wide. After post a message you also have the Edit Post action.

At first I thought I could ask that the icons be moved to left margin, just right of the report post icon. However, there may still be a width problem.

Then I came up with a good solution: allow each of us to mark which icons we want to see in our settings. I would choose to see none, but others may want them. Is that doable?

Thanks for the hard work!
I believe both of these issues can be resolved by widening your browser width. Try changing your screen resolution and see it this makes a difference. For example, I use Firefox 3.6.3, my resolution is 1280 x 1024, I am running Windows 7 and I have my icons set to the smallest option (100%).

You can also change make the text smaller of larger in your browser by holding down your CTRL button and using the scroll button on your mouse. This alone should make a difference.

My issues...

1) The cursor lags far behind my typing while responding. Often an entire sentence simply eventually appears.

2) While in the respond window, the scroll bar is belligerent. It scrolls back to the top when I try to place the cursor. In order to get the cursor down below the quote, I have to use the arrow keys. While typing, sometimes the scroll bar will go up and I can't see where I'm typing.

If everybody else is having these quirky issues than the powers that be have it identified. However, If I'm the only one, what the hell do I click or unclick to fix these issues?

1 - This should hopefully be resolved once the database catches up. The site is running a little slow right now because of all the background work taking place with the new install. I would expect this to dramatically improve over the next 24 hours or so.

2 - Again, I believe this is only temporary and should disappear soon.

I believe both of these issues can be resolved by widening your browser width. Try changing your screen resolution and see it this makes a difference. For example, I use Firefox 3.6.3, my resolution is 1280 x 1024, I am running Windows 7 and I have my icons set to the smallest option (100%).

You can also change make the text smaller of larger in your browser by holding down your CTRL button and using the scroll button on your mouse. This alone should make a difference.

Not an ideal solution. I would prefer to see those icons disappear.

My resolution is 1920*1080 and I'm using Windows 7 and FF 3.6.3 as well, so I don't think it's width that's causing it. It's not really a problem for me, but just something I'm noting.

I do not know if anyone else pointed this out but I can see the basement thread titles on the main page. I uploaded a picture to show what I am talking about. Before the upgrade you had to go into the basement to see the title of a thread that's in the basement.

32834265.jpg
We will check into this - thanks

My resolution is 1920*1080 and I'm using Windows 7 and FF 3.6.3 as well, so I don't think it's width that's causing it. It's not really a problem for me, but just something I'm noting.

I am identical to this, and it's not a problem. Hrmmm...

While uploading a pic, I noticed another:

rightinnyc-albums-pics-picture67111787-overlap.JPG

and

rightinnyc-albums-pics-picture67111788-overlap2.JPG

When you click on Reply with Quote it takes you to "Quick Reply" instead of opening the Advanced Reply window.

(Somebody else may have mentioned these....)

- Under Community am not seeing the "Members List".

- Under "My Profile" >> "Lists all Posts".....it is only finding a couple of posts.

- Under "My Profile" >> "Lists all Posts".....it is only finding a couple of posts.

I think this is just because the database hasn't yet indexed all the posts. It should be back to normal soon enough.

You're right about the member list.

It's visual to me but I think it's a technical issue.

Upstairs the "multiquote" is squished between two posts. Sometimes the "reply with quote" is squished in there too.
In the basement everything looks/acts fine.

I don't get it.
:(

Upstairs the "multiquote" is squished between two posts. Sometimes the "reply with quote" is squished in there too.

I don't get it.

Missy. I have noticed this same layout issue when I am posting from a netbook. Are you using one?

In my case, I think it is due to my limited screen resolution. 1024 x 600

Missy. I have noticed this same layout issue when I am posting from a netbook. Are you using one?

In my case, I think it is due to my limited screen resolution. 1024 x 600

No, I'm not. I use a desktop.
I don't think it's me because the layout is fine at every basement thread I open but nothing upstairs lines up right. If it was my settings it would be the same in both places, wouldn't it?

:confused:

I don't get it.

The reason it is not a problem in the basement is all the annoying Digg/Google/Facebook thingies are not there in the basement taking up space.

What screen resolution are you suing Missy?

The reason it is not a problem in the basement is all the annoying Digg/Google/Facebook thingies are not there in the basement taking up space.

What screen resolution are you suing Missy?

Oh. Makes sense. Are those annoying icons going to go away?
I tried uping my resolution but everything got too small for my old eyes :)

On the "new posts" page, some threads are highlighted. I'm assuming that this is because I'm subscribed, but at the same time there are others that are not highlighted despite me being subscribed to them.

Re: the little icons. I agree that they're largely unnecessary. If we really want to keep them, I would limit it to just FB/twitter/digg

edit: Ah, nevermind - the highlighted threads are the stickies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom