• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DP 3.0 Issues (Technical)

Jerry is able to post. We were promised a ban. :2razz:

Where did donations go? I think it is high time to cough up some dough so vauge can by his beer. The good stuff too. Like Beamish Stout!

The "statistics" tab has disappeared from the profile page. I used to use it to see which of my post had been thanked. Is there a way to do that with the new system?

RSS Feeds

I spent some time subscribing to the RSS feeds and I have a few observations:

1. Not all RSS links have data. I found that the following forums are missing RSS data: On the lighter side, The Tavern, The Basement.
  2. There are missing RSS feed links for sub-forums, and I do not know if posts made in a sub-forum will appear in the parent's feed:
    • US Constitution: Church and State
    • US Constitution: Freedom of Speech
    • US Constitution: Government & Separation of Powers
    • International Politics: Africa
    • International Politics: Asia-Central
    • International Politics: Asia-Pacific
    • International Politics: Canada
    • International Politics: Latin America
    • Warfare: Military
    • Warfare: War in Iraq
    • Warfare: War on Terror
    • The Tavern: <many to list>
    • The Basement: <many to list>

Bullets versus Numbered lists

I just found that a numbered list with an embedded bullet list does not work. The inner bullet list is a numbered list and it shouldn't be.

Example:
[ LIST=1 ]
[*]Numbered blahblahblah is OK
[ LIST ]
[*] Numbered blah is wrong, it should be a bullet.
[ /LIST ]
[ /LIST ]

On the previous version, there was a link on your profile where you could check now and then to see what posts had elicited a thanks. I liked to check that to see which posts had received a thank you. I no longer see this function. I'd like to see it back and also more accessible.

The "statistics" tab has disappeared from the profile page. I used to use it to see which of my post had been thanked. Is there a way to do that with the new system?

I thank you for that, brother!

No iSPy button at top of forum.

iSpy is back and under the Quick Links drop down (at least it is for me using FF 3.5.9 on Ubuntu 9.10. Danka!!

iSpy is back and under the Quick Links drop down (at least it is for me using FF 3.5.9 on Ubuntu 9.10. Danka!!

iSPY...???!!! Very cool feature. Had never heard of it before! Very handy...!!

(what a GREAT forum, eh....??!! ) :mrgreen:

Under Edit Signature I tried adding multiple spaces do to the quote but was not able to. I had to settle for adding periods and hopefully mask them.

nevermind now got correct quote but still cannot do multible spaces between words

Nevermind the nevermind i forgot still need those spaces.

Last edited:
When I go to my user profile and click on the check all posts deelie, I only get a few postings from the newest version, and then just old ones from 2006.

It's a nice way to walk down memory lane, but not so good for those with questionable short term memory skills who want to follow up their recent postings.

Diffrent issue the Calander only goes back to 2006 i never used it in version 2.0 but . . . .

I also don't see a "Members" area.

I also don't see a "Members" area.
For now, we removed the memberslist. It is taxing on the server and I can't think of a reason to have it if one is not soliciting.

For now, we removed the memberslist. It is taxing on the server and I can't think of a reason to have it if one is not soliciting.

I always like having one (Members List)

If it is taxing the server, would suggest the possibility that you may have a config setting that is causing/contributing. The feature is pretty standard on any forum that i have ever been on. If it appears to be "generating load", the first thing you may want to check is "how often is it updating/refreshing itself". Because once it is updated it should just be a static object in cache. One update per day should be more than adequate I would imagine. Gawd only knows what the default setting is/was.....which may be what you are looking at now.

(not trying to butt in......just a thought)

I found it helpful to see what members have posted as well as Thanked posts. But, you see the stats so, if it wasn't used that much and it's a drain... we can do without it. Thanx!

Is there another way to see Thanked posts?

Where does one go to see a list of one's thanked posts?

Is there another way to see Thanked posts?

Where does one go to see a list of one's thanked posts?

We were unaware before the upgrade that the author of the addon is still working on a solution to show thanked posts.
Hopefully it will be added back shortly.

Ispy shows deleted posts

sISni.png

Ispy shows deleted posts

sISni.png

It shows what the person was doing at the time. The new version of iSpy isn't exactly like the old. It's more like a combination of the old iSpy and "who's Online" where it showed what was taking place at that time.

It shows what the person was doing at the time. The new version of iSpy isn't exactly like the old. It's more like a combination of the old iSpy and "who's Online" where it showed what was taking place at that time.

It looked like it could be a potential issue, so I thought it would be a good idea to bring it up.

10 is gunna be in heaven. lol

It looked like it could be a potential issue, so I thought it would be a good idea to bring it up.

Not so worried about it unless it was from a forum you should not be able to see. For instance, the mod forum.

I am working on removing The Basement from the list. This new "ispy" actually looks better and much less taxing on the database.

10 is gunna be in heaven. lol

Where is this thing, and how do I access it?
Is it already here, or is it something you're planning to install?

Back
Top Bottom