• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dozens of Reports of Assaults, Rapes at Swedish Festivals

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
HELSINKI (AP) — Several dozen women reported being raped or sexually assaulted at two music festivals in Sweden last weekend, police said Tuesday.

After playing in Norrkoping, British rock band Mumford & Sons posted a note on their Facebook site saying they were "appalled ... and gutted by these reports" of rape and sexual assault.

Nystrom told The Associated Press that Karlstad police have identified the perpetrators at the event in Karlstad but that no one had yet been detained. He declined to give details of the suspects or comment on reports that the offenses were committed by migrants or foreigners, pending the outcome of the investigation.

Earlier this year, Swedish police faced allegations of a cover-up for failing to inform the public of widespread sexual assaults against teenage girls at a music festival a year ago, which came to light in January when the Swedish daily Dagens Nyheter reported them following a string of sexual assaults and robberies on New Year's Eve in Cologne, Germany.
Dozens of reports of assaults, rapes at Swedish festivals

Apparently, young "foreign" men are attending rock festivals in Sweden, knowing that young Swedish girls and women will be there, and then sexually assaulting them.
The story references Swedish authorities even attempting to cover up previous cases of foreign men attacking Swedish women! There's your progressive politics in play; let women be sexually assaulted to protect the public image of foreigners!

Thoughts?
Comments?

He said the reports of sexual assault in Karlstad included groping but there were no reports of rape or attempted rape.

Meanwhile in Norrkoping, police told local media that they that were investigating five cases of alleged rape and more than a dozen suspected sexual assaults at the Bravalla Festival in the city, southwest of Stockholm.

According to police documents seen by Reuters, in 2015, police received 20 complaints of sexual crimes - 14 of which concerned girls under the age of 15 - in the area during the festival. In 2014 there were 18 complaints.

In neighboring Denmark, where the annual weeklong Roskilde rock festival attended by 130,000 people wound up on Sunday, police said they had reports of five cases of alleged rape or sexual assault, which police officer Carsten Andersen described as "nothing out of the ordinary at such a big event, although every single case is too much."....​

How come we never hear of anyone getting arrested or charged from these festivals? And how come there never seems to be any witnesses except for the accusers? 130,000 people crammed into a small area...and no one saw or heard anything? Something is amiss.

~ How come we never hear of anyone getting arrested or charged from these festivals? ~

There have been arrests which is why the mainly foreign migrant angle was dropped. I wasn't going to comment on the thread as it fits a certain narrative about Europe which is wrong.

"We have arrested seven suspects so far. Six are younger men in their 15-20s and one is a 35-year-old man." Asked whether they were unaccompanied minors, he said: "I can neither confirm or deny that that is the case. The investigations will have to show that. The 35-year-old is definitely not. But I know that two of the suspects live in a HVB-home [a home for troubled youths, often used to house young refugees without parents]."

He said the reports of sexual assault in Karlstad included groping but there were no reports of rape or attempted rape.

Meanwhile in Norrkoping, police told local media that they that were investigating five cases of alleged rape and more than a dozen suspected sexual assaults at the Bravalla Festival in the city, southwest of Stockholm.

According to police documents seen by Reuters, in 2015, police received 20 complaints of sexual crimes - 14 of which concerned girls under the age of 15 - in the area during the festival. In 2014 there were 18 complaints.

In neighboring Denmark, where the annual weeklong Roskilde rock festival attended by 130,000 people wound up on Sunday, police said they had reports of five cases of alleged rape or sexual assault, which police officer Carsten Andersen described as "nothing out of the ordinary at such a big event, although every single case is too much."....​

How come we never hear of anyone getting arrested or charged from these festivals? And how come there never seems to be any witnesses except for the accusers? 130,000 people crammed into a small area...and no one saw or heard anything? Something is amiss.

Stop proving what I have been saying all along.. the Islamphobes dont like that..

There have been arrests which is why the mainly foreign migrant angle was dropped. I wasn't going to comment on the thread as it fits a certain narrative about Europe which is wrong.

The debate about sexual molestation flared in Sweden earlier this year after it emerged that groups of boys had groped girls at the We Are Sthlm youth festival for at least two years running.

Swedish police were heavily criticized at the time for not releasing details on the 36 reports of sexual assault and two rape allegations filed after the festivals in 2014 and 2015.

Many of the alleged perpetrators were young Afghan refugees, newspaper Dagens Nyheter reported when it broke the story in January, as police fielded accusations of burying the reports to avoid stoking anti-immigrant sentiment.

Cut the crap. We all know by now that the it's a myth when you guys say, "refugees aren't committing sex crimes" against the native populations of the European nations that have given them refuge.

You can't dispel what's going on. PeteEU is an apologist for rape and sexual assault as well. I have no idea where you guys get your morals from but it looks like you don't hold the safety of women and girls very high.

Cut the crap. We all know by now that the it's a myth when you guys say, "refugees aren't committing sex crimes" against the native populations of the European nations that have given them refuge.

You can't dispel what's going on. PeteEU is an apologist for rape and sexual assault as well. I have no idea where you guys get your morals from but it looks like you don't hold the safety of women and girls very high.

Your story is from 7 days ago on the Local. My update is 22 hours ago - from the same news source.

Who should "cut the crap?"

The rightwing blogosphere must be an awful place to be if the currency is crap like the OP.

Girls and women at the festival in Karlstad said they had been groped by boys and men, Inspector Leif Nystrom of the Karlstad Police Department said in a phone interview. Most were under 18 years old, and three were under 15.

“These were reports of women being touched in unwanted places, such as on their breasts and on their bottoms and inside their underwear,” he said.

The police have been examining seven suspects, six of them foreigners, whose ages range from under 18 to 35, Inspector Nystrom said; no arrests have been made.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/world/europe/swedish-police-investigate-over-40-reports-of-rape-and-groping-at-2-music-festivals.html

Last year, young girls were touched inappropriately in a mosh pit by young boys with a migrant background. Concert organisers need to ban moshing in front of the stage.

Last edited:
Cut the crap.

Yes lets cut the crap... YOU are in denial of what is going on. Rape and sexual assault is NORMAL, and it should be combated, but it is not. Suddenly when a Muslim is involved, then you and your cohorts are all over it, .. why are you not all over it when it is a white christian doing the raping and assaulting? YOU are in denial. I am in no way defending these rapists nor those committing sexual assault.. what ever that means...

Your story is from 7 days ago on the Local. My update is 22 hours ago - from the same news source.

Who should "cut the crap?"

From the story YOU provided ...

Many of the alleged perpetrators were young Afghan refugees, newspaper Dagens Nyheter reported when it broke the story in January, as police fielded accusations of burying the reports to avoid stoking anti-immigrant sentiment.

36 counts of sexual assault, plus 2 rapes. What the f are you talking about here? YOU'RE story says, " many of the alleged perpetrators were young Afghan refugees".

Why are you guys still trying to pretend that this isn't going on?

Swedish police backtrack on refugee groping claim - The Local

Yes lets cut the crap.. Rape and sexual assault is NORMAL......

Game over Pete. You just proved what I said.

You see, you think raping and assaulting women is "NORMAL", and I think we can do better. Difference of opinion.

Game over Pete. You just proved what I said.

You see, you think raping and assaulting women is "NORMAL", and I think we can do better. Difference of opinion.
editing the post one quotes in a manner to change its context is bad style.

It's also dishonest.

What you cherry picked was in its actual content followed by "and it should be combated".

editing the post one quotes in a manner to change its context is bad style.

It's also dishonest.

What you cherry picked was in its actual content followed by "and it should be combated".

Sorry Chagos, you're wrong about this one buddy.

There isn't much spin that you can put on the statement, " Rape and sexual assault is NORMAL . He even capitalizes the word 'normal' to emphasize how strongly he feels.

Isn't it a contradiction to call rape and sexual assault NORMAL, and then go on to say that it needs to be combatted? Why would you combat normal behavior? Its like saying we need to combat sleeping or eating. Does that make sense to you?

Huh?

40 reports from females all lies?

How about government collusion with the media, and strict control over what the police can say publically?

Sorry Chagos, you're wrong about this one buddy.

There isn't much spin that you can put on the statement, " Rape and sexual assault is NORMAL . He even capitalizes the word 'normal' to emphasize how strongly he feels.

Isn't it a contradiction to call rape and sexual assault NORMAL, and then go on to say that it needs to be combatted? Why would you combat normal behavior? Its like saying we need to combat sleeping or eating. Does that make sense to you?
~.................. Rape and sexual assault is NORMAL, and it should be combated, but it is not.........................~ ~................ I am in no way defending these rapists nor those committing sexual assault.............. what ever that means...

nuff said.

Huh?

40 reports from females all lies?

How about government collusion with the media, and strict control over what the police can say publically?

How about those arrests mentioned in the link in post #3?

How many of the arrests were refugees?

36 counts of sexual assault, plus 2 rapes. What the f are you talking about here? YOU'RE story says, " many of the alleged perpetrators were young Afghan refugees".

You should really consider reading past the first thing that you think proves some point you're trying to make:

"But on Tuesday police were forced to backtrack after being questioned by several media, admitting that only two had been confirmed as young migrants."

You might be taken more seriously that way.

How about those arrests mentioned in the link in post #3?

How many of the arrests were refugees?

Dunno..... Hard to get a straight answer when a government is in cahoots with the media, and the police are muzzled.

There has to be some teeth to it, because media outlets around the world ran with it.

nuff said.

Look at the end of his post,

I am in no way defending these rapists, or those committing sexual assault.... what ever that means.

Whatever what means? Rape and sexual assault? Oh yeah! Those things are NORMAL to Pete! I had forgot that, because I don't believe that its normal for men to sexually assault women at rock concerts.

You should really consider reading past the first thing that you think proves some point you're trying to make:

"But on Tuesday police were forced to backtrack after being questioned by several media, admitting that only two had been confirmed as young migrants."

You might be taken more seriously that way.

Only 2 have been confirmed as migrants, because the investigation is still ongoing.

I suspect that the other 3 will be tied to the first 2, since the story seemed to suggest that they were all together in a group.

Got any more spin?

Look at the end of his post,

Whatever what means? Rape and sexual assault? Oh yeah! Those things are NORMAL to Pete! I had forgot that, because I don't believe that its normal for men to sexually assault women at rock concerts.
shovels, holes, depth, cessation of activity............ all that sort of stuff.

Only 2 have been confirmed as migrants, because the investigation is still ongoing.

I suspect that the other 3 will be tied to the first 2, since the story seemed to suggest that they were all together in a group.

Got any more spin?

What spin? The fact is they retracted their previous statement, and there's just no way you can get out from under that simple fact.

Sorry your false narrative isn't working for you, Sport.

Which festival is the OP about? You post a story about a recent festival and then when shown that the police are backtracking, you pick out a comment about a different festival in January?

You just going to shift goalposts everytime you lose? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom