• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Dozens of GOP delegates launch new push to halt Donald Trump

I agree.

It might be argued that Trump dug such a deep hole for himself in the primary with his plethora of objectionable statements & positions, that he could not survive the general. But it does seem his comments concerning Judge Curiel were the coup de grace.

Another poster here (haymarket) once remarked to me that he'd been told the DNC has been readying a barrage of attack ads against Trump like never seen before, that no candidate could survive.

Now obviously he was stating this in terms of a conventional race, and we know Mr. Trump is *not* a conventional candidate!

But, I believe there will be truth here as to the efficacy of the DNC attack ads. I think they will be horrendous & damning, using him and his own words.

Trump's mouth is his greatest asset, as well as his own worst enemy.

Anything is possible, but I have a strong feeling the Democrats have something on him. It is not like them to hold back. They are the nastier players in attack ads, but there is a question whether they actually work in deterring votes. There is suggestion that sometimes they merely bring out votes who wouldn't otherwise have voted. That was one of the results of Canada's federal election last year where the Liberals went from # 3 party to a solid majority. The Conservatives had spent three years savagely distorting Trudeau's words, and childishly teasing him about having admitted he smoked pot.

The Conservatives today are leaderless and a lot memberless. The other party that attacked Trudeau, the NDP, is also leaderless as the result of being fired publicly by the party who also now have to deal with an extreme left surge....

We will see. We know how belligerent both can be. If it were me I would be trying to provoke him into something like the Mexican judge affair, make him totally lose it.

Anything is possible, but I have a strong feeling the Democrats have something on him. It is not like them to hold back. They are the nastier players in attack ads, but there is a question whether they actually work in deterring votes. There is suggestion that sometimes they merely bring out votes who wouldn't otherwise have voted. That was one of the results of Canada's federal election last year where the Liberals went from # 3 party to a solid majority. The Conservatives had spent three years savagely distorting Trudeau's words, and childishly teasing him about having admitted he smoked pot.

The Conservatives today are leaderless and a lot memberless. The other party that attacked Trudeau, the NDP, is also leaderless as the result of being fired publicly by the party who also now have to deal with an extreme left surge....

We will see. We know how belligerent both can be. If it were me I would be trying to provoke him into something like the Mexican judge affair, make him totally lose it.
You know as a Yank and relatively unaware, I enjoy these little Canuck political tidbits you sprinkle through our conversations?

But as to the Trump attack ads, I think what will make them particularly effective will be the number using Trump himself speaking in his own words. The composite I recently saw of Trump's derogatory remarks towards women was pretty poignant. I can't imagine too many women overlooking an ad like that.

You know as a Yank and relatively unaware, I enjoy these little Canuck political tidbits you sprinkle through our conversations?

But as to the Trump attack ads, I think what will make them particularly effective will be the number using Trump himself speaking in his own words. The composite I recently saw of Trump's derogatory remarks towards women was pretty poignant. I can't imagine too many women overlooking an ad like that.

Oh, there isn't a hint of a doubt they will use footage of Donald. I expect to see one with "You're fired!" early on. I speak absolute truth I would give up cheese forever to write for the Democrats, the man is an "orgy of evidence".

And too easy:

0:00 (begin roll), fade in Trump yelling vis (8 sec)
Sound mesh "You're fired!", cut to var scenes violence re Trump rallies..
Sound "Seriously? You want THIS guy in power?"

yeah, that'd work.

Then again you can capture all the You Tube videos of him doing all that **** and tweet the links every so often.

One thing I know, I am glad I am here and not there. I'm betting the suicide rate will skyrocket

There's no doubt.

But I believe Trump's more vulnerable due to him never having been politically vetted, and Hillary being pretty well vetted. I doubt there's much on HRC we haven't yet seen, but Trump may be superlative in presenting it or may simply make things up (like his Birther attacks on the President).

So yeah I guess, since we haven't ever seen what Trump is capable of producing; he might take attack ads to a whole new level.

Only if he has the money to make and run them....................as we speak, HRC has $17 in TV ads running in 8 battleground states..............Trump has zero and no money to produce and run TV ads...........and is having one hell of a hard time getting folks to donate............

Only if he has the money to make and run them....................as we speak, HRC has $17 in TV ads running in 8 battleground states..............Trump has zero and no money to produce and run TV ads...........and is having one hell of a hard time getting folks to donate............
Good point.

Good point.

I actually would not call that a good point, she is not even the official candidate yet nor is trump since the conventions have not been held, but she is already spending like crazy in battleground states.

From my experience in elections, polls give a general idea, but do not tell the whole story. candidates on both sides have access to their won personal polling and data trends, which is more accurate than what polls in the public or even rcp average says. I have learned that no matter what the polls tell us, you can tell a persons chance of winning by their own acts of desperation.

Her running ads so soon does not mean by any stretch that will loose, but it likely means her own personal info says her odds are not as good as polling shows, and she may not feel it wise to give any leeway to trump. Trump on the other hand I have no clue, the guy is so random it is both his strength and weakness, you can not attack a candidate you can not predict, but at the same time he attacks his own cause.

To finish trumps unpredictanility, nothing hillary can do will ever hurt trump, he is immune, but trump can very well hurt himself.

I actually would not call that a good point, she is not even the official candidate yet nor is trump since the conventions have not been held, but she is already spending like crazy in battleground states.

From my experience in elections, polls give a general idea, but do not tell the whole story. candidates on both sides have access to their won personal polling and data trends, which is more accurate than what polls in the public or even rcp average says. I have learned that no matter what the polls tell us, you can tell a persons chance of winning by their own acts of desperation.

Her running ads so soon does not mean by any stretch that will loose, but it likely means her own personal info says her odds are not as good as polling shows, and she may not feel it wise to give any leeway to trump. Trump on the other hand I have no clue, the guy is so random it is both his strength and weakness, you can not attack a candidate you can not predict, but at the same time he attacks his own cause.

To finish trumps unpredictanility, nothing hillary can do will ever hurt trump, he is immune, but trump can very well hurt himself.
Well, my exclamation of "good point" was to my perception of Trump not being as well funded as her (I believe).

But then as you laid out above, Trump does seem to live in his stratosphere (with plenty of free media coverage).

Well, my exclamation of "good point" was to my perception of Trump not being as well funded as her (I believe).

But then as you laid out above, Trump does seem to live in his stratosphere (with plenty of free media coverage).

Yep trump does get free media coverage, also does not live in this plane of existence. He has the perfect method to break all polls and win by a landslide, or lose by a landslide, and his own unpredictable nature probably has some worried, as they do not know what is next.

Yep trump does get free media coverage, also does not live in this plane of existence. He has the perfect method to break all polls and win by a landslide, or lose by a landslide, and his own unpredictable nature probably has some worried, as they do not know what is next.
Yep.

In this way he's a lot like Kim Jong-un & his father Kim Jong-il.

If he brings Dennis Rodman onboard, we're dead meat! :lamo

THE TOTAL IMPOVERISHMENT OF 27 MILLION AMERICAN FAMILIES

Comes during where Trump is sinking in the polls, more and more GOP elected officials are coming out and saying they will not/cannot vote for Trump, and more and more criticism against Trump. We will have to see if this will actually gain more steam. But one thins is for sure, the GOP convention is gonna be a hell of a convention to watch :lol:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Why stop him? With his persistent inanity, he gets easier to defeat every day.

I suggest the Dems need to concentrate on taking back the HofR. It's the only way to assuring the passage of legislation that renews the country. Presently, the latest HofR voting share was 43% vs 57%, in favor of the Replicants. That has to be reversed.

Of the HofR total Democrats, only 28 Representatives are members of the Congressional Progressive Caucus (of which Bernie was the only Senate member).

I suggest it is time for the US to formulate, within the Democrat Party, a subset of Social Democrats consisting of CPC members. And we should strive at the local level to promote Social Democrats electing them as members of the HofR.

That's how we can move America forward and repair the neglect and damages of the past 30-years since Reckless Ronnie was PotUS.

We must start first with the aberrant system of taxation and its upper-income flat-rate; which functions as the money-pump of Income into Wealth.

Here is how that Money-Pump works, from figures compiled by the Census Bureau:

Median Household Net  Worth by Quintile.jpg

Note how the breakdown by quintile (20% of American households)
*Poorest quintile live with a negative Net Worth*.
*The 3rd-quintile is 9.4 time that of the 2nd-quintile.
*The 4th-quintile is 3 times that of the 3rd quintile, and
*The 5th-quintile is 3.1 times that of the 4th quintile.

With a more fair taxation of Income (that become Wealth and then (less Debt) becomes Net Worth) would see those disparities lessen.

Yes, Fair Income Taxation is "Robin Hood". We take from the rich and give to the poor.

Because the present tax system unfairly allows too much of Net After-tax Income to become Wealth.

*Negative Net Worth means that a household's liabilities exceed their assets. It is therefore Total Impoverishment of 20% of American households, or 27 million families, or 69.7 million fellow Americans.

Last edited:
... and his own unpredictable nature probably has some worried, as they do not know what is next.

Precisely.

As in having his finger on the Nuclear Button, and whether he will want to "Show those jerks who's boss!"

The presidency is just one more notch on his egocentric pistol ...

In this way he's a lot like Kim Jong-un & his father Kim Jong-il.

Rather like the son, who had is Uncle executed with an anti-aircraft gun.

The Dunderhead has no perception of either subtlety or compassion. He's the epitome of what American knows best how to create.

A self-serving plutocrat for whom money is the only yardstick ...

Back
Top Bottom