• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dow rallies 1,000 points, logging its biggest single-day point gain ever

Actually Canada IS a "Monarchy" (it is what is known as a "Constitutional Monarchy" which means that the powers of the Monarch are somewhat limited in the way that they can be exercised).

The Head of State (as opposed to the Head of Government [which is what the Prime Minister is]) of Canada is Her Majesty, Elizabeth I of Canada. But we're nice folks so we let the Brits borrow here and pay for almost all of her upkeep (they keep on calling her "Elizabeth II" and we humour them).

Wow! With each question I expose my ignorance of Canadian Government. I appreciate your info. You have lit a candle that will keep me trying to learn more about it. In the meantime, if I stumble in a post while referring to the Canadian government, please feel free to educate me. I will not be offended in any way.
Thank you for your courteous reply.
Regards,
CP

Wow! With each question I expose my ignorance of Canadian Government. I appreciate your info. You have lit a candle that will keep me trying to learn more about it. In the meantime, if I stumble in a post while referring to the Canadian government, please feel free to educate me. I will not be offended in any way.
Thank you for your courteous reply.
Regards,
CP

There are many things about Canada that American's have difficulty in understanding, such as:

• Canada was founded by a bunch of drunks who didn't actually have much of an idea what they were doing or why.
  • Canada's "National Dream" was a railway (which was actually an excuse for huge amounts of graft, corruption, and "pork").
  • Canada's "National Symbol" is a policeman wearing a totally impractical uniform.
  • Canada's "National Animal" is a rodent that is incredibly stupid.
  • Canada doesn't actually have a "National Bird" but the one that everyone thinks is Canada's "National Bird" is ill tempered, tastes terrible if cooked, and is noted primarily for the large amounts of slimy green feces it deposits.
  • Canada's "National Game" is unknown to the majority of Canadians.
  • A higher percentage of Canadians know all the words to "The Good Old Hockey Game" than know all the words to Canada's national anthem (which is "Oh, Canada" and NOT "God Save the Queen".
  • It took the Canadian Government almost 100 years to find out what the actual name of the country was.
  • Most Canadians do not wear toques, eat poutine, or live in igloos.
  • The only Canadian who led a successful revolution against the Canadian government was pardoned by the Canadian government when it was determined that there hadn't actually been a revolution.
  • The two "BIG" revolts in Canada both ended up as farces that were about as effective as a barroom fight (and didn't have many more casualties either).
  • Canada's greatest wartime leader was getting his political advice from his dog, a Ouija Board, and his mother (who happened to be dead at the time).
  • Canada's most successful recent Prime Minister was able to produce balanced budgets, pay down the national debt, reduce taxes, AND protect the traditional levels of graft and corruption surrounding the government - he was also a "Liberal".

I have no idea why Americans have difficulty with those simple facts.

Why would Hillary hate Putin for donating more than a hundred million dollars to her piggy bank personal foundation? She doesn't. She just claims she does because she is a liar, and has a long history of lying and corruption the likes of which would make a 30's Chicago gangster sit up and admire.

You're making unfounded claims. No proof. No evidence. No visible support.

Back
Top Bottom