• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dow falls nearly 1,000 points on rate hike fears and poor earnings from Verizon

A Presidents policies, EO's, and political rhetoric does in fact affect markets.

Good news and markets rise; bad news, and they sink. Not much confidence in Biden at 38%.
Or trump at 34%

A Presidents policies, EO's, and political rhetoric does in fact affect markets.

Good news and markets rise; bad news, and they sink. Not much confidence in Biden at 38%.
Nobody wants to hear that... that's your whole line no matter what post. Only unknowledgable and unaware people allow polls to influence them. they poll a bunch of white people in a select areas, and people go crazy behind it.
  • It's probably not a single person in this entire forum who has ever been interviewed by a Pollster.
-----------------

Biden, does not run any corporation in America. Biden does not control or dictate the Feds "interest rate management'. that's why we have a cabinet members who is in a position administering that agency.

What is the craziness of people expecting a President o act like a dictator and tyrant????? and then if he did act like one, right wingers would complain about that .... but Biden is smart enough to know he is not a Dictator and he's smart enough not to try to pretend or act like he's one.

Probably because he turned the economy around and won the Cold War without firing a shot. But I digress.
Reagan damaged so much that the cycle to the damages are still reverbratring this very day, including how he turned people into not having any trust in the government.
Reagan was a bigot, who cared about nothing but the Wealthy. and saturated America with Drugs that led to the Crack Epidemic that swept the nation.

Reagan did not bring down the Soviet Union, that was done by Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev and his administration and that was done because it was not sustainable.

Probably because he turned the economy around and won the Cold War without firing a shot. But I digress.
Reagan didn’t do anything to turn the economy around. The Fed raised interest rates to double-digits under Carter, causing a severe recession and then relaxed those interest rates under Reagan, causing a rebound.

Reagan backed the rebels in Afghanistan, who later became al Qada.
He had nothing to do with ending the Cold War. The Soviets collapsed under its own corrupt weight.

Or trump at 34%

Who cares? Joe Brandon is president and in charge. Democrats rule both houses of congress.

The markets are spooked by Bidenflation, Joe's gas hikes, and the border invasion.

Who cares? Joe Brandon is president and in charge. Democrats rule both houses of congress.

The markets are spooked by Bidenflation, Joe's gas hikes, and the border invasion.
You’re reading politics into something that isn’t political. The decline is said to be due to Verizon‘s bad earnings and interest fears. We’ve been there before.

In the 80s, interest rates were twice what they are now and stocks boomed.

How'd you like to be someone looking to buy their first home later this year?
After the coming housing market crash? Maybe crash will prove to be the wrong word, but a big drop is coming. Right now a whole lot of buyers are getting an appreciation for interest rates.

Good idea. Over time, stocks increase in value. In the short term, things like interest rates cause fluctuations. That's all this is, a fluctuation caused by the interest rate hike. Give it time, and you can look again.

One portfolio of mine dropped over $700 today. I shouldn't have looked.
$ 700?

$390,145-$15,454 (-3.8%)

But that is my trade account.....where i have my riskiest stuff

The other account was almost the same dollar amount loss , but a much smaller % loss....as it is mostly blue chip dividends that just reinvest auto

Its only a paper loss.....only hurts IF YOU SELL

And i put in 3 buy orders after the close.....i like equities on sale even if the economy is going to slow

It's a complete coincidence that, during the Trump years the economy was great, we did not get involved in any wars, we were respected and feared by the world's thugs, we were energy independent, etc... and when bumbling Joe walked in, signed executive orders, embarrassed us in front of the world, let Putin run wild, got our soldiers and civilians killed, etc...

It's a complete coincidence that, during the Trump years the economy was great, we did not get involved in any wars, we were respected and feared by the world's thugs, we were energy independent, etc... and when bumbling Joe walked in, signed executive orders, embarrassed us in front of the world, let Putin run wild, got our soldiers and civilians killed, etc...
Trump IS one of the "world's thugs."----Exhibit A ---> 1/06/2021

Reagan didn’t do anything to turn the economy around. The Fed raised interest rates to double-digits under Carter, causing a severe recession and then relaxed those interest rates under Reagan, causing a rebound.

Reagan backed the rebels in Afghanistan, who later became al Qada.
He had nothing to do with ending the Cold War. The Soviets collapsed under its own corrupt weight.
Oh boy, you libs are just nuts. Sure Reagan didn't do anything to get a a great economy, right. I guess Carter did nothing to screw us up, like Biden did nothing to wreck, oh, just about everything. Jeez, it sure is comical to watch you libs stare the truth in the face and say it never happened. There is just no other way for libs to exist, lying to yourselves is required.

My 401K is now more anemic than Tucker's balls.

DAMN YOU BIDEN

$ 700?

$390,145-$15,454 (-3.8%)

But that is my trade account.....where i have my riskiest stuff

The other account was almost the same dollar amount loss , but a much smaller % loss....as it is mostly blue chip dividends that just reinvest auto

Its only a paper loss.....only hurts IF YOU SELL

And i put in 3 buy orders after the close.....i like equities on sale even if the economy is going to slow
ok

In other words, you've got nothing. Don't bother responding with your leftist fantasies.
Umhmm. 1/06/2021 was a "leftist fantasy" nothing burger. That's why Kevin McCarthy was advocating to have Trump resign, and thinking about invoking the 25th Amendment. Because America's #1 "thug" was sitting on his ass while his useful idiots were violently interfering in a fair and free POTUS election from being ratified.

The real question to ask is - when are they going to collapse the market and economy entirely??

They did it in 1929, for very logical reasons, and it worked like a charm.

It only makes sense that they'll do it again - although I think they have much more serious consequences in store for us this time.

Should be a fun ride!!

This is why it's so important to avoid runaway inflation. There is no pain-free method to address it. It's all just a question of whether the significantly higher rates are going to drive the economy into a recession or just a slow-down.

If you're in a position to be " looking to buy their first home later this year?"...in this market, how badly were you really effected by the
factors I describe below? We're in the longest cycle of expansion in modern times, begun in March, 2009.

Protecting those most effected has been the policy of the democrats since March, 2020. Who benefitted from the permanent, 33 % reduction
on corporate taxes. What was the domestic effect of those cuts on inflation? Ensuing stock buybacks buoyed the stock indexes.

In the 29 months preceding the March 1, 2020 pandemic era, the national debt increased an average $106 billion per month, compared to
an average $57 billion in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, 2017. Those 29 months of nearly doubled rate of federal debt accumulation occurred in what Presiident Trump described as, "the best economy ever."

Can you point to another period of dramatic federal borrowing increase during "the best economy, ever"?

October 18, 2022

I would enjoy reading your precepts on how "to avoid runaway inflation," that, compared to past inflationary periods, is not happening
and, what inflation we in the U.S. are experiencing, is a worldwide phenomena instigated by a worldwide pandemic, aggravated by upheavals to petroleum exploration, production, refining, and by Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

The computer chip and building materials shortages and products dependent on them, are all pandemic related, as are food processing effects on product availability, resulting in inflation that is dramatically mitigated in the U.S. by home price appreciation increasing net worth of 65 percent who own homes and by savings from preparing more meals at home than purchasing more restaurant meals and the reduction of the costs of commuting experienced by many who shifted to working at home.

So, what would you propose be done differently in the U.S. aside from reducing or eliminating the pandemic effects I dexscribed
above which would impact disproportionately those who did not own homes through this period and were obligated to drop out of the labor force to care for youngest and oldest household members, as well as the many who experienced loss of business or employment resulting from uneven and unpredictable pandemic effect on businesses?

Last edited:
Umhmm. 1/06/2021 was a "leftist fantasy" nothing burger. That's why Kevin McCarthy was advocating to have Trump resign, and thinking about invoking the 25th Amendment. Because America's #1 "thug" was sitting on his ass while his useful idiots were violently interfering in a fair and free POTUS election from being ratified.
Yeah, sure.

The real question to ask is - when are they going to collapse the market and economy entirely??

They did it in 1929, for very logical reasons, and it worked like a charm.

It only makes sense that they'll do it again - although I think they have much more serious consequences in store for us this time.

Should be a fun ride!!
What's the real answer? You sound like you know your stuff.

This is why it's so important to avoid runaway inflation. There is no pain-free method to address it. It's all just a question of whether the significantly higher rates are going to drive the economy into a recession or just a slow-down.

I agree with this, but at the same time, one would be crazy to buy their first home this year as its obviously a bubble.

McCarthy is a member of the Uni-Party, i.e. the Establishment Party.

He is the same as Pelosi, McConnell, Shumer, and Romney.

With misleadership like McCarthy and McConnell, you can bet not one thing will be done to fix the mess created by the Democrats.

Their job is to thwart any attempts to undo the damage done by the Democrats - all the while, singing conservative sounding platitudes to the Republican base.

It's how the game is played.

McCarthy is a member of the Uni-Party, i.e. the Establishment Party.

He is the same as Pelosi, McConnell, Shumer, and Romney.

With misleadership like McCarthy and McConnell, you can bet not one thing will be done to fix the mess created by the Democrats.

Their job is to thwart any attempts to undo the damage done by the Democrats - all the while, singing conservative sounding platitudes to the Republican base.

It's how the game is played.
You're gonna need a bigger bus.

Back
Top Bottom