• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Double Standard on Display as Europe Opens Arms to Ukrainian Refugees

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity:

Double Standard on Display as Europe Opens Arms to Ukrainian Refugees

They file into neighboring countries by the hundreds of thousands — refugees from Ukraine clutching children in one arm, belongings in the other. And they’re being heartily welcomed, by leaders of countries like Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Moldova and Romania.

But while the hospitality has been applauded, it has also highlighted stark differences in treatment given to migrants and refugees from the Middle East and Africa, particularly Syrians who came in 2015. Some of the language from these leaders has been disturbing to them, and deeply hurtful.

“These are not the refugees we are used to… these people are Europeans,” Bulgarian Prime Minister Kiril Petkov told journalists earlier this week, of the Ukrainians. “These people are intelligent, they are educated people. ... This is not the refugee wave we have been used to, people we were not sure about their identity, people with unclear pasts, who could have been even terrorists…”

Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity:

My, my... look at the shameless racism of those who deeply resent help to lighter skin war refugees.

Digusting..

Not quite as open-armed to refugees descended from their colonial subjects.

Russian fascist propaganda.

My, my... look at the shameless racism of those who deeply resent help to lighter skin war refugees.

Digusting..
You obviously missed the point.

I say all countries should impose a moratorium on blonde blue-eyed refugees. Enough with those neo-Nazis keep them out of our country.

Not quite as open-armed to refugees descended from their colonial subjects.

LOL...look at the number of refugees and asylum seekers admitted and sheltered in Europe from Africa and the Middle East, compared to those detestable blue eyed and white skinned folk fleeing war.

The differences are huge, and undisputed. In spite of that we get the same old shameless anti-white folk racism, laughably disguised as a virtue.

And just like that, Trumpists are yet again locked into pretending they care about something they absolutely hate (brown people) in order to attack Europe (which they apparently think is the American left).

Digusting..
I say all countries should impose a moratorium on blonde blue-eyed refugees. Enough with those neo-Nazis keep them out of our country.

No, really, listen. This gaslighting is far too ****ing stupid.

You people cheered and jeered as Trump punished people who followed US law 100% in seeking asylum by stealing kids from parents, keeping the kids, deporting the parents. You did that because they were brown. You aren't even fooling yourselves at this point.

Just saw this and it made me think of this thread topic.

"...Researchers at the University of Chicago, Harvard and MIT sent résumés to employers with similar levels of education and experience. The only difference was the name at the top. Candidates with African American or ethnic-sounding names were much less likely to get a call back. Opportunities flow more freely in some directions than in others.

Link

And just like that, Trumpists are yet again locked into pretending they care about something they absolutely hate (brown people) in order to attack Europe (which they apparently think is the American left).

You people cheered and jeered as Trump punished people who followed US law 100% in seeking asylum by stealing kids from parents, keeping the kids, deporting the parents. You did that because they were brown. You aren't even fooling yourselves at this point.

Good point.

Good point.
They just don't have standing to say this stuff.

Even if they were 100% on such a topic, they have no place saying it. It means nothing coming from them. They should simply sit down and let those who actually do stand against racism and the like speak up.

Not a single word in the OP's topical and only sentence says anything about Trump, brown people, or "stealing kids". It's not disputable:

"Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity".

The only way to arrive at the meaning of your drivel is either a stroke or an OD on acid. Dancing on the misery and loss of country of these people to score points for your race obsessed issues elsewhere is shameless and vile.

Have you no shame sir? No shame at all?

Not a single word in the OP's topical and only sentence says anything about Trump, brown people, or "stealing kids". It's not disputable: "Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity".

The only way to arrive at the meaning of your drivel is either a stroke or an OD on acid. Dancing on the misery and loss of country of these people to score points for your race obsessed issues elsewhere is shameless and vile.

Have you no shame sir? No shame at all?

See how the Trumpist follows vile hypocrisy with more vile hypocrisy.

I suppose we can understand he getting embarrassed and mad that he was made to become embarrassed, but I'd also think we can all agree that his chosen angle is hilariously stupid.
He has loudly announced that he is literally the only person unable to understand an extremely simple point, and he thinks that by doing so he has somehow turned the tables. . . .

Do you know what you're communicating to everyone, @maxparrish, when you go "Derrrrrr I don't understand an extremely simple point! DERP!"

Do you?

Here's a clue: you are not communicating to others that the thing you are talking about is stupid. That's not what happens when you loudly insist you just can't grasp a simple point. I won't ask if you can see why, and I certainly won't ask about whether you have any shame.

See how the Trumpist follows vile hypocrisy with more vile hypocrisy.

I suppose we can understand he getting embarrassed and mad that he was made to become embarrassed, but I'd also think we can all agree that his chosen angle is hilariously stupid.
He has loudly announced that he is literally the only person unable to understand an extremely simple point, and he thinks that by doing so he has somehow turned the tables. . . .

Do you know what you're communicating to everyone, @maxparrish, when you go "Derrrrrr I don't understand an extremely simple point! DERP!"

Do you?
Here's a clue: you are not communicating to others that the thing you are talking about is stupid. That's not what happens when you loudly insist you just can't grasp a simple point. I won't ask if you can see why, and I certainly won't ask about whether you have any shame.

And we know what you are communicating in your shrieking of "Trumpist", your desperate mind reading of an opponent's feelings, and your rabbit footed retreat to a last ditch defense of bloated derisions.

You have been bested... exposed and unable to deny that the simple and obvious point; that word for word the topical sentence oozes RESENTMENT that white and blue eyed people are getting help because, apparently, no matter how many millions of other kinds people have gotten European help (i.e. people who are not white and blue-eyed) it wasn't good enough in your eyes. And as long as it wasn't good enough, the most important cause for you to sneer over, and your op writer, is to deride and mock other nations helping whites.

Perhaps there is a grain of moral principle and enlightenment left to overcome your feverish race hate obsession? Let's find out:

Suppose Israel was at war, it was invaded, every city surrounded by it's enemies, and 200,000 of Israel's war refugee's escaped, landing on the shores of Europe. Would you be the one to write a sneering and derisive sentence like this:

"Oh look -- it's those Jew refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity,"

If you would, you are expressing moral foulness.

If you wouldn't, you're expressing nauseating hypocrisy.

Which is it? Maybe now you have the decency to rethink your adoration of the racist OP topic?

Last edited:

Oh looky hypocrisy all over this post. Can you show me when you advocated for Honduran refugees?

The issue was a double standard, not skin color per se. The US did similar things with different double standards during the Reagan years, depending on which type of repressive government one was fleeing, not on color or ethnicity.

By the way, you do know this isn't really breaking news, right? From the headline, let alone the content, this is editorializing - an article written expressly for the purpose of expressing an opinion.

It probably belongs elsewhere.

Is there a 'Breaking News" angle to this that I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom