• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Double Standard on Display as Europe Opens Arms to Ukrainian Refugees

1-Does the image show in the article LOOK like blonde haired and blue eyed people? I mean...I KNOW leftists love themselves some mindless race hating...but....
1000_4.jpg

2-Perhaps if the people of Ukraine had a history of killing people in the glorious name of Allah and raping women and children because those that arent Muslim are seen as less than human, there would be more concern about the Ukrainian immigrants.

Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity:

What am I supposed to be mad about exactly?

Most countries in the area are accepting refugees from Ukraine for reasons I assumed everyone knew. Or do you want them to stay there and get killed by Putin?

LOL... Europe's stiffening attitude towards many years of massive numbers, from non-neighboring countries, flooding Europe is obvious...it's never going to stop, and its motivations often are often economic or political, not war.

Syria is not a neighbor, and Syrian refugees are sheltered in Turkey and, for economic reasons, they decide to move elsewhere. A Syrian war refugee ending up in Sweden ends up they chose to ignore shelter, cross over countries, and make it Sweden's problem because they has the most generous welfare.

At some point, some countries, become fed up with it.

There are many reasons why the three NEIGHBORING states may be willing to accommodate Ukrainians: (a)the war isn't an excuse, its real and on their doorstep b) the populace arriving has an extensive history of work in Poland, for example, many crossing the border routinely. c)they are Slavic, part of same people who share closely related languages and culture. They consider fellow Slavs family cousins.

Rest assured, hundreds of thousands of dubious Slavic war refugees traveling to New Zealand and pounding on the door for entry, NZ would be no more accommodating than Europe is as a whole to those from Syria. Ya...some stricter controls would be imposed, sooner or later. By the same token, Australia and NZ wouldn't hesitate to generously help each other.

Last edited:
1-Does the image show in the article LOOK like blonde haired and blue eyed people? I mean...I KNOW leftists love themselves some mindless race hating...but....
View attachment 67377613

2-Perhaps if the people of Ukraine had a history of killing people in the glorious name of Allah and raping women and children because those that arent Muslim are seen as less than human, there would be more concern about the Ukrainian immigrants.

The OP is not a leftist. He's a "conservative". Why are you babbling about leftists?

Coulda woulda shoulda, but they likely feel a greater affinity for Ukrainians, who have a similar background and culture and were potential NATO partners regardless. They might also be more welcoming of migrant labor from closer to home if Ukraine hadn't been doing well enough before the invasion.
The woulda, could, shoulda, is coming from you.

Is there anything in those countries' migrant policy toward Ukraine that excludes based on age and gender?
You're doubling down and digging yourself a deeper hole. Know when you are beat. There is nothing to support your claim of racism.

Right wingers suddenly going to decide they've been pro-refugee all along.
Will the US take in these refugees? There has not been much news on that particular issue, other than the exodus into Poland.

Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity:

Europe welcomed tons of African/Middle Eastern refugees several years ago.

I hate this ****ing racist narrative that's been created by anti-anglo bigots and repeated by idiots and other self-proclaimed victims. You want to know why Ukrainians are preferred over Afghans and Syrians? It's not skin color, it's CULTURE and it's the fact that, unlike Muslim refugees, the Ukrainians didn't do this to themselves by allowing their faith to determine their politics. When people support asinine theocracy and then suffer for it, I could care less. Many Americans feel the same.

Don't get it twisted by trying to make every American action racist. This whole idea is insulting as ****. Our country is extremely diverse BECAUSE we will help anyone. You can't equivocate between the two cases here, though, unless your agenda is just to stab the US in the heart again without considering the facts.

Are you kidding me? When I was in Frankfurt a few years ago damned near half the city I was staying in was Syrian. Italy was flooded with Libyans. The UK pushed for Brexit, in part, because people wanted to sop the flood of refugees coming in so that they didn't turn into France which was having all kind of refugee problems.

European nations threw open their arms to Eastern Bloc nations after the fall of the Soviet Union and then opened their arms again after the "Arab Spring" turned into a nightmare. They have been VERY welcoming to people of all nations so it might be wise to temper that "whites only" crap with a little reality.

Black refugees are having trouble crossing the border into Poland. Maybe Ukraine is a bunch of Nazis. Europe is a very racist continent.
Ohhh so now all of sudden you care about the plight of brown and black migrants. The President of Ukraine is Jewish btw. Family members of his were killed by the Nazis in the holocaust. So Putin’s accusations of Ukrainian nazism is laughingly baseless. While Russia itself is full of white nationalists. Probably why so many republicans find Russia and Putin so likable.

I think it has a lot to do with historical cultural similarities.

Yep, here in the real world I have pointed this out many times to folks the last few days.

You mentioned the age of male migrants being a potential factor. Is there any policy those countries have toward Ukrainians regarding age and gender?
I'm not familiar enough with Ukranian culture to know. I fail to see how that matters in answering the question of racism in other countries.

I think it has a lot to do with historical cultural similarities.

Where do we draw the line on what's legitimate and what isn't? Can that be a valid argument on rejecting job applicants?

It's more emotionally meaningful when people with blue eyes and blonde hair are killed -- just quoting Ukraine's deputy chief prosecutor.

Is this the Ukrainian prosecutor who took over after Biden got the other guy fired?

Back
Top Bottom