• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Double Standard on Display as Europe Opens Arms to Ukrainian Refugees

Now that I noticed it was placed here, I'm not going to comment here further. You guys have fun, but unless and until it's moved out of breaking news, I'll leave it you'll to deal with.

And just like that, Trumpists are yet again locked into pretending they care about something they absolutely hate (brown people) in order to attack Europe (which they apparently think is the American left).

Yissss yissss we so absolutely hate brown people hissss.....filthy nasty BROWN things hissss........if it weren't for those meddling heroic progressives we could finally purge them from the gene pool hissss.....

Do you guys bite your bottom lip while typing this foolishness?

You're not the only poster that doesn't seem to be tracking well...

Who said anything about the number of refugees from ME to be "disgusting"?

You quoted the sentence you replied to: "Look at the shameless racism of those who deeply resent help to lighter skin war refugees."
I said it - in response to your
Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity:

And just like that, Trumpists are yet again locked into pretending they care about something they absolutely hate (brown people) in order to attack Europe (which they apparently think is the American left).

No, really, listen. This gaslighting is far too ****ing stupid.

You people cheered and jeered as Trump punished people who followed US law 100% in seeking asylum by stealing kids from parents, keeping the kids, deporting the parents. You did that because they were brown. You aren't even fooling yourselves at this point.

And just like that you write the usual ugly race baiting, partisan lies.

Right wingers suddenly going to decide they've been pro-refugee all along.
No they are just going to continue to be antagonistic assholes any chance they get.

I agree. And I think the OP was pretty damn disgusting. I didn't expect a self-described "conservative" to make it though.

ITA!

Not a fan of the O/P's crap.

LOL...look at the number of refugees and asylum seekers admitted and sheltered in Europe from Africa and the Middle East, compared to those detestable blue eyed and white skinned folk fleeing war.

The differences are huge, and undisputed. In spite of that we get the same old shameless anti-white folk racism, laughably disguised as a virtue.

There are Syrian and Afghan refugees dying of hypothermia as we speak, trapped between the Poland wall, (yes, they're building a wall) who won't let them in, and the Byelorussians who won't let them go back.

Black refugees are having trouble crossing the border into Poland. Maybe Ukraine is a bunch of Nazis. Europe is a very racist continent.

What percentage of the refugees are able bodied males ages 18-65?

It’s a shame they’re showing a level of discrimination against refugees from other parts, but at least they’re taking Ukrainians in when they need it most.

What percentage of the refugees are able bodied males ages 18-65?

We know most Ukrainian men had to stay. I think those countries would accept them anyway if they came. What’s your point? Do you think otherwise?

We know most Ukrainian men had to stay. I think those countries would accept them anyway if they came. What’s your point? Do you think otherwise?
Your not comparing apples to apples and you are assuming skin color explains any perceived disparities.

I think those country's attitudes towards the refugees would be different if it were largely males fleeing.

Your not comparing apples to apples and you are assuming skin color explains any perceived disparities.

I think those country's attitudes towards the refugees would be different if it were largely males fleeing.

Coulda woulda shoulda, but they likely feel a greater affinity for Ukrainians, who have a similar background and culture and were potential NATO partners regardless. They might also be more welcoming of migrant labor from closer to home if Ukraine hadn't been doing well enough before the invasion.

Last edited:
Oh look -- it's blonde blue-eyed refugees now -- "good refugees" who deserve open borders and boundless generosity:
Can you please just not.

That racism is alive and well in countries other than the United States of America should be a 'given' for the educated aware adult.

It's almost always possible to throw verbal stones at a person, group, or country.

Consider, if you will, that the United States of America is one of the very few nations to have its racial discrimination history on display as part of its national Constitution.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Britain is offering all those with relatives already here open arms to come here. ......... Until the end of 2022.
Doesn't go far enough. We have plenty of room, plenty of money and many people, including me, would happily offer a safe place for refugees, irrespective of their status or family links.

Black refugees are having trouble crossing the border into Poland. Maybe Ukraine is a bunch of Nazis. Europe is a very racist continent.
Everyone is having difficulty leaving; lines of cars and buses are stuck in miles-long jams heading for the borders. Furthermore it's very much a case of 'women and children first', irrespective of the colour of their skin.

Last edited:

No, its people in Europe fleeing to neighboring countries. The fact that some have blue eyes and blonde hair is not relevant. Europe is ethnically white. So what?

This comment is like declaring it racist for Kenya accepting refugees from neighboring countries is racist because almost all the people are black.

Just saw this and it made me think of this thread topic.

"...Researchers at the University of Chicago, Harvard and MIT sent résumés to employers with similar levels of education and experience. The only difference was the name at the top. Candidates with African American or ethnic-sounding names were much less likely to get a call back. Opportunities flow more freely in some directions than in others.

Link
I bet in India, if your name is Patel you have a better chance of getting a job than if your name is Wallawitz.

Hear tell that the United States during the 1930s was not too keen on accepting refugees from Nazi Germany.

In fact, wasn't a ship full of Jewish people turned away from the States?

Hear tell, only the Dominican Republic (headed by a dictator) offered land to Jewish refugees and a few did accept the invitation.

It is only human that Europeans today would be more sympathetic to other European refugees than to refugees from the Middle East and Africa.

Yes, in a sense, it is "racism."

But, I feel, the Europeans have nothing to apologize for.

Hear tell that the United States during the 1930s was not too keen on accepting refugees from Nazi Germany.

In fact, wasn't a ship full of Jewish people turned away from the States?

Hear tell, only the Dominican Republic (headed by a dictator) offered land to Jewish refugees and a few did accept the invitation.

It is only human that Europeans today would be more sympathetic to other European refugees than to refugees from the Middle East and Africa.

Yes, in a sense, it is "racism."

But, I feel, the Europeans have nothing to apologize for.

Hi, TheParser!

Fear of 'the other' may be indelibly etched into the human psyche. Consider some of the comments by US 'conservatives' about US liberals. [Ed.: If you haven't heard any, take a few minutes to tune in to almost any 'conservative' AM radio talk show and listen to the host and his/her call-in enablers.]

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

Back
Top Bottom