• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

double posts

cwb01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Some of my posts have been double posts which i did not double post. Is there a way to delete them?

Some of my posts have been double posts which i did not double post. Is there a way to delete them?

Yes, simply go to your post and choose “Delete”. That option appears (eventually) after the “Report” and “Edit” options.

Yes, simply go to your post and choose “delete”. That option appears (eventually) after the “report edit” options.
Don't know why but it is not available to edit or delete.

Don't know why but it is not available to edit or delete.
There's a time limit after you post of 20 minutes to edit or delete it.

I've had a few of those and enjoyed 'likes' for both. :)

Sounds related to my issue of drafts staying in the text box after the post was submitted, if you see it in the text box after hitting post and hit post again, that's where the double post is coming from. So if you hit post reply, and still see the text in the box, scroll up to check if it actually posted or not before hitting post again.

@ASHES Yep, that's happened to me before. Good advice.

We have a software update to run and the server hasn't been been restarted in some time. If I get some time later this week, I will get these done. Hopefully this will alleviate this issue as well as @ASHES issues that he brought up.

Sounds related to my issue of drafts staying in the text box after the post was submitted, if you see it in the text box after hitting post and hit post again, that's where the double post is coming from. So if you hit post reply, and still see the text in the box, scroll up to check if it actually posted or not before hitting post again.
I have had a Quote from a person I am Quoting and my response show up days after I hit submit when I do a multi-post in the same thread as before. Quite a few times actually... it is weird.

Back
Top Bottom