• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Double Edged sword

Un biased

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
(This is a spin off of pro life hypocrisy with a twist) Abortion is a double edged sword no matter which way it harms morally .

Pro life you are telling a female to give birth even if she does not wish to for the sake of the fetus , if the would be child is raised with a person who should not have children the child would most likely turn out to be a undesirable individual who would be spurned by the people who protested and picketed for it to be alive or if a teenager has a child or someone who is unprepared may have no choice other than to go on to welfare and of course to be ridiculed and be again a drag on society especially to those who fought for the unborn life .

Pro choice for the most part you have no remorse for the fetus something that is unaware and had no choice in the matter and have it killed while treating the would be mother as the victim ( even if it may be a parasite till viability ) Calling yourself pro choice is very hypocrite since the fetus has no choice in the matter . Even a few of you have the audacity to say the fetus would be raping the mother , if it is unwanted well its not like the fetus could not be born that way if it had no choice it is the other way around the mother would be forcing the baby to be rapping her . Their are many reasons to be pro choice but that is what makes you all look terrible .

their are gray sides I'm not getting into but they very so I used what I had on this site to be the average pro choice or pro life .

(This is a spin off of pro life hypocrisy with a twist) Abortion is a double edged sword no matter which way it harms morally .

Pro life you are telling a female to give birth even if she does not wish to for the sake of the fetus , if the would be child is raised with a person who should not have children the child would most likely turn out to be a undesirable individual who would be spurned by the people who protested and picketed for it to be alive or if a teenager has a child or someone who is unprepared may have no choice other than to go on to welfare and of course to be ridiculed and be again a drag on society especially to those who fought for the unborn life .

Pro choice for the most part you have no remorse for the fetus something that is unaware and had no choice in the matter and have it killed while treating the would be mother as the victim ( even if it may be a parasite till viability ) Calling yourself pro choice is very hypocrite since the fetus has no choice in the matter . Even a few of you have the audacity to say the fetus would be raping the mother , if it is unwanted well its not like the fetus could not be born that way if it had no choice it is the other way around the mother would be forcing the baby to be rapping her . Their are many reasons to be pro choice but that is what makes you all look terrible .

their are gray sides I'm not getting into but they very so I used what I had on this site to be the average pro choice or pro life .
Let me narrow it down.
Pro Life. Shows maturity and responsibility and a respect for life.
Pro "choice". Selfish, uncaring, no personal responsibility, justifies with over clinical terms and ideology.

This presumes that it is justifiable to kill a human being on the basis that you can determine that this human being, if allowed to live, is likely go on to be “…a drag on society…”.

If this position were the least bit ethically sound, then you must admit that it would be much more ethically-sound to wait until a person has had an opportunity to demonstrate what his effect will be on society, and then to kill those who prove to be a drag thereon. We don't punish someone because we think he “might” commit a crime. We punish someone who has been proven, through due process, beyond a reasonable doubt, to have committed a crime. “Innocent until proven guilty.”

If being “a drag on society” is a valid basis for taking a human life, then surely it makes much more sense than killing a child whose destiny cannot yet be known; to round up the various petty criminals, welfare cases, drug addicts, mentally-ill severely handicapped, elderly, politicians, and others who already are a proven burden, and put them to death.

Let me narrow it down.
Pro Life. Shows maturity and responsibility and a respect for life.
Pro "choice". Selfish, uncaring, no personal responsibility, justifies with over clinical terms and ideology.

Yes, clearly you are the more mature one.

Yes, clearly you are the more mature one.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind about it.
Every women I have ever heard, short of health issues, had an abortion due to the fact they couldnt handle it.
Cuoldnt handle child birth, couldnt handle being a mother, couldnt stand the father, or didnt know who the father was, or had other things going on.
All weak minded excuses based on lack of personal responsibility.

Every women I have ever heard, short of health issues, had an abortion due to the fact they couldnt handle it.
Cuoldnt handle child birth, couldnt handle being a mother, couldnt stand the father, or didnt know who the father was, or had other things going on.

Says someone who will never, ever, ever go through it.....

There is no ''personal responsibility'' toward the unborn unless you want to put it there for yourself. Most governments in developed nations that have abortion legal made it quite clear to pro lifers already about this.

So you want these horrible, irresponsible women to be forced to have children? That plan seems rather irresponsible in itself.

Do you recognize there are more fathers who abandon their children than mothers? What do you have to say about them?

Last edited:
So you want these horrible, irresponsible women to be forced to have children? That plan seems rather irresponsible in itself.

Do you recognize there are more fathers who abandon their children than mothers? What do you have to say about them?

The father didn't kill the kid. :shrug:

Oh yes, abandoning a born child is so much better than aborting a first trimester zef :roll:

Well leaving the kid in the mothers care is not killing the kid. Just sayin'..

Back
Top Bottom