• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dos Chris Hayes Challenge Schiff?

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Oh HELL NO!!

Hayes gives Schiff the intro, Schiff blames the death of 50,000 Americans on Trump's "narcissism, incompetence and malevolence", then Hayes just goes on like it's all axiomatic.

Yeah, this is PURE propaganda television.

Oh HELL NO!!

Hayes gives Schiff the intro, Schiff blames the death of 50,000 Americans on Trump's "narcissism, incompetence and malevolence", then Hayes just goes on like it's all axiomatic.

You were expecting something else? You can get the same on Fox News...

Oh HELL NO!!

Did you expect something different from MSDNC?

I don't know about that. I can't think of any FOX host that wouldn't challenge a claim that implied a political opponent had "malevolent" intent and caused the death of 50,000 Americans. I mean, that's a pretty hairball claim to make.

I don't know about that. I can't think of any FOX host that wouldn't challenge a claim that implied a political opponent had "malevolent" intent and caused the death of 50,000 Americans. I mean, that's a pretty hairball claim to make.

I can see you have myopia, better see a doctor.

Why leave out the narcissism and incompetence components? In baseball, Schiff would be a .666 slugger.

:lamo

Did you expect something different from MSDNC?

I don't expect anyone on that station to directly disavow the claim but it was a wild enough claim that it should have at least been questioned. I mean, even if your role is one of "opinion host" rather than "news host" there should bee some modicum of journalistic integrity if you're on a "news" channel.

Hmm... if one infotainment source is biased then it's OK for all of them to be. The infotainment mission then simply becomes seeing which biased outlet can attract the most viewers seeking confirmation bias.

Why leave out the narcissism and incompetence components? In baseball, Schiff would be a .666 slugger.

:lamo

Because those two components are PURELY subjective. The claim of malevolence, however, should require some substantiation as it's far more objective.

Oh HELL NO!!

Only someone with no conscience would do and say what Schiff does and says while feeling self-justified doing and saying it. The man's evil through and through.

Oh HELL NO!!

Trump was just piss **** that this pandemic was going to ruin his chances for re-election.

Oh HELL NO!!

Its a good thing the Reprobates stuck together to protect Trump.

Can you imagine a trial carrying on through this pandemic?

So I'd say they did the right thing and so did the Demoncraps.

Maybe we should see it that their clickish behavior was all for this.

Last edited:
I don't expect anyone on that station to directly disavow the claim but it was a wild enough claim that it should have at least been questioned. I mean, even if your role is one of "opinion host" rather than "news host" there should bee some modicum of journalistic integrity if you're on a "news" channel.

There is no chance that MSDNC is going to question any orange man bad, evil, incompetent, racist, criminal or has sex with small woodland creatures allegations. They go out of their way to find guests known to share those views.

Fox News has a few (mainly Hannity and Pirro) which abuse that guest speaker can lie with impunity format as well. Laura Ingraham has been slipping into that mode more frequently lately as well. The simple fact is that presenting confirmation bias gets the viewer ratings up, which in turn gets advertising revenue up - so everybody wins. ;)

Hmm... if one infotainment source is biased then it's OK for all of them to be. The infotainment mission then simply becomes seeing which biased outlet can attract the most viewers seeking confirmation bias.

Exactly, corporations have been steadily improving their ability to control the focus of consumers.

Because those two components are PURELY subjective. The claim of malevolence, however, should require some substantiation as it's far more objective.

My opinion is that you have it backwards;

”Subjective' refers to information that is based on personal opinions, and 'Objective' refers to information that is based on factual evidence. They're essentially descriptors for information or writing that help you decide whether they're worthwhile sources.’ - from the web

Narcissism and incompetence are on full display, therefore “objective.” Malevolence would be based on personal feeling as there is not much evidence of it.

Because you're lying, he didn't tie that 50K to the malevolence comment. Maybe you got that from Fox news or right wing trash media? Or did you just not listen to your own video before crying about it?

I've thought about Schiff's impeachment speeches a lot during this crisis. Schiff warned what we all knew,...that if we let Trump continues, when there is an even more grave crisis, it will be so much more dangerous.

What Schiff actually said:

50K are dead in significant part because of his incompetence, because of his inability to think behind himself and put the country first.
I don't think we would have anticipate his brand of narcissism and incompetent, sometimes his bran of malevolence, would be so fatal to the american people.
..taking about how he did not want he or Pence to return calls from governors who were not saying nice things about him...

Now, it is a blatant fact that Trump does employ a remarkable brand of "malevolence" as a president. You know this, everyone knows this.
He attacks countless people from the bully-puplit. He tweets malevolent attacks on anyone who speaks out against him,or anyone he thinks attacking will rile up his base. HE does this all day, every day, in briefings, to the press, everywhere. Firing the IGs, firing anyone in his cabinet that speaks out, attacking governors who don't praise him, attacking gold star families, attack the press....all malevolent, and you know it.

Chris didn't call him out, because none of that is really disputed. T

My opinion is that you have it backwards;

”Subjective' refers to information that is based on personal opinions, and 'Objective' refers to information that is based on factual evidence. They're essentially descriptors for information or writing that help you decide whether they're worthwhile sources.’ - from the web
Narcissism and incompetence are on full display, therefore “objective.” Malevolence would be based on personal feeling as there is not much evidence of it.

Nah, listen to the video, not Lutherf. I mean, never listen to Lutherf about politics right? Starts at around 3:20.
He didn't say he malevolently killed 50K, he made it as a remark in a sentence AFTER that, about Trump's brand...and Trump's brand objectively includes malevolence. Unless of course you think all the constant, daily attacks on everyone and everything,,.press enemy of the people, all teh insults he slings at all his former cabinet people who tell the truth, all the vengeance on FBI for doing their job, treatment of the immigrants at the border, attacking the whistle-blower, etc, etc., etc.

It's 100% part of his brand. The vilification of Corruption is required for a successful Republic. Trump has corrupted the Republic, and his people cheer it,. He's a danger to the nation, based on those very real things. We'll survive him...well, some of us might.

It seemed to be to me when I dabbled in writing and leading in my twenties...

Perhaps you were serving up your own bias rather than pandering to that of your audience. The infotainment business is not about trying to change anyones mind, or to present alternate points of view, it's to tell folks what they want to hear.

Perhaps you were serving up your own bias rather than pandering to that of your audience. The infotainment business is not about trying to change anyones mind, or to present alternate points of view, it's to tell folks what they want to hear.

I am well aware of that fact since I have been a writer since I was in elementary school. My failure was not being able to lie so readily in person.

I am well aware of that fact since I have been a writer since I was in elementary school. My failure was not being able to lie so readily in person.

We can now add "journalists" to the professional (expert?) lying class along side politicians, lawyers, salesmen and advertisers.

I am sure that the added padding of cash helps.

It's that darn supply and demand thing - if you don't supply what folks demand then it is hard to make money doing it.

Back
Top Bottom