• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dont you wish you had your old collection of ________ back?

Just thought of something else

I loved marbles as a kid....was one of the best shooters in the neighborhood (i wonder if kids now even know what i am talking about?)

Anyway, my grandad had a bunch of old ones from when he was a kid, and gave them to me also

I had a lot of old glass ones....ones he said not to shoot with....but i did anyway

I think my mom threw them all out one summer when i was in my teens

Are marbles worth anything?

What is with this book smelling fetish some have. :2razz: I don't think I ever heard about book smelling till people who really hate e-readers started speaking against them, lol.
Can't explain it, but it is better than old socks. :)

Yep. The older the better, unless moldy.

Our bookshelves are spread between a few rooms, but I know what you mean...

...there you go, he's got it.

I loved marbles as a kid....was one of the best shooters in the neighborhood (i wonder if kids now even know what i am talking about?)

Anyway, my grandad had a bunch of old ones from when he was a kid, and gave them to me also

I had a lot of old glass ones....ones he said not to shoot with....but i did anyway

You lost yours? :2razz:

Believe it or not I have a sock full of them in my save box. I have a hard time throwing stuff out. I was sorting through crap of the kids, still have their game boy color and game cube. It's been a house cleaning summer being they are all officially gone for good.

Can't explain it, but it is better than old socks. :)

...there you go, he's got it.

I know what books smell like and yeah the olfactory sense can definitely bring you back, but still... :lol:

I still have mine. I'm hoping that high level of nostalgia for Pokemon eventually drives the price of my 1st edition Charizard through the roof. Already at several hundred.

I've thought the same, especially with the popularity of Pokemon Go.

I think most of mine are still hanging around somewhere. I think my sister has them in her room, actually.

Some of them are.

DC RARE Antique Handmade Marble Ribbon Lutz in Blue Glass End of Cane NM M | eBay

I'm pretty sure that people do collect marbles but I have no idea how to tell a good one from a generic one. Everyone in my neighborhood had a collection of marbles but I really don't recall playing all that much. When we did the game was kind of a version of Bocce where the goal was to knock your opponent's "jumbo" out of the ring before he knocked yours out.

I'm pretty sure that people do collect marbles but I have no idea how to tell a good one from a generic one. Everyone in my neighborhood had a collection of marbles but I really don't recall playing all that much. When we did the game was kind of a version of Bocce where the goal was to knock your opponent's "jumbo" out of the ring before he knocked yours out.

Most glass ones are worthless. because there is no real way to identify them. Clay marbles are rarer, and the ones worth money are stone marbles, usualy cut from agate, they are rare, valuable and in marbles damn near considered cheating because they are more dense than glass and clay marbles, and pricier too.

Back
Top Bottom