• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't you just hate hypoctires like me?

In my view it has nothing to do with party choice or one's view on economic theory - it's always been about walking your talk. Don't believe hosting illegals is a good thing - then don't freakin' hire illegals, even when it might temporarily benefit you to do so.

As to the OP, with just a bit more effort you could have hired some high school students to do the work, after all they're getting out for summer and can probably use the bucks. Might even inspire one or two of them to study harder in school after a little manual labor.

I made the mistake of hiring high school kids once to help me pack when I was in Florida.

They stole from me, did a terrible job, and took forever to do it.

That does not include the endless smoke breaks they had to take.

I learned my lesson with that.

These four guys moved all 32 railroad ties in slightly over 2 hours. 24 were packed in the frame, and the other 8 stacked by the garden.

EXCELLENT work.

I would have needed 8 high school kids to do that much work in so little time.

I am a Trump supporter, and want him to build the wall.

However, I built a wall of my own to use as a backstop while shooting archery, small rimfires, and tomahawk & knife throwing.

I made it double thick with railroad ties that are huge and very heavy.

Once I had the frame built by myself my wife and a neighbor, we let the QUICKRETE harden, then I did the deed.

I drove to the place everyone goes in town, stopped and held up my FOUR fingers.

FOUR Mexicans hopped in my truck and in a little over 2 hours they had all of the railroad ties in the frame, and the overloads piled next to the garden.

I did not ask their legal status and frankly do not care. They did a very good job for me, and I will do it again if I need them again.

I am 100% disabled and there was no way in hell I could have lifted 24 railroad ties into that frame and put them in place.

so here I am, the original hypocrite in my political beliefs.

It is what it is.

Now, this morning I am going to stencil DAVE"S WALL on the front of it.

gotta keep out them damned illegals...:lamo

yeah, I know I suck. No need to tell me.

We see why nothing has been done about the problem which has existed all my life.

Americans don't want those, what did Trump call them, "rapists and murderers"? However, when it comes time to getting really cheep labor, bang, it's "The Great American Way!"

Don't feel bad about being a hypocrite, it appears its part of the national psyche.

However, I built a wall of my own to use as a backstop while shooting archery, small rimfires, and tomahawk & knife throwing.

Once I had the frame built by myself my wife and a neighbor, we let the QUICKRETE harden, then I did the deed.

I drove to the place everyone goes in town, stopped and held up my FOUR fingers.

FOUR Mexicans hopped in my truck and in a little over 2 hours they had all of the railroad ties in the frame, and the overloads piled next to the garden.

I did not ask their legal status and frankly do not care. They did a very good job for me, and I will do it again if I need them again.

I am 100% disabled and there was no way in hell I could have lifted 24 railroad ties into that frame and put them in place.

It is what it is.

Why do you hate America? And Jesus?

In my view it has nothing to do with party choice or one's view on economic theory - it's always been about walking your talk. Don't believe hosting illegals is a good thing - then don't freakin' hire illegals, even when it might temporarily benefit you to do so.

As to the OP, with just a bit more effort you could have hired some high school students to do the work, after all they're getting out for summer and can probably use the bucks. Might even inspire one or two of them to study harder in school after a little manual labor.

I, and many of my colleagues hire on the neighbor principle. Those you know, or know of. The same a buying local, which I do, I have always hired local.

I believe in looking after my community first, my permanent community. Most people here report illegals instead of hiring them as they really are taking jobs from people who need them.

a misspelled hypocrite, or a tire that is hypo active.

unlike you, I actually sometimes make mistakes when I type, and sometimes those mistakes get past me when I post....unlike you, who is perfect in every way, and enjoy poking and making little of the rest of us mere mortals at obvious typos.

do you enjoy being so immature?

Oh FFS. It was a joke and anyone who has seen me post on this board for years knows I do this all of the time. If you can't handle jokes on a message board, then you shouldn't post on them. I'll ignore the rest of your whiny obnoxious post.

I, and many of my colleagues hire on the neighbor principle. Those you know, or know of. The same a buying local, which I do, I have always hired local.

I believe in looking after my community first, my permanent community. Most people here report illegals instead of hiring them as they really are taking jobs from people who need them.

Does Canada have a lot of illegal immigrants standing around waiting for work?

Oh FFS. It was a joke and anyone who has seen me post on this board for years knows I do this all of the time. If you can't handle jokes on a message board, then you shouldn't post on them. I'll ignore the rest of your whiny obnoxious post.

It is completely immature to fixate on a typo and then insult / ridicule someone for it.

You have a lot to learn about common manners and decency.

Saying someone is "whiny", when you are the one that behaves like an ass is also a common tactic on the internet.

It is called DEFLECTION and done all the time by people with ZERO manners.

Unless you can contribute something positive to the thread, why not just remain silent, and lay off the bullying.

but that is not in your nature is it?

Last edited:
Does Canada have a lot of illegal immigrants standing around waiting for work?

No. If there were illegal immigrants here they could go down to one of several temporary labour dispatch halls and get day work.
We have opportunities here, and jobs, but if you were a poverty-stricken economic refugee and had to choose between California and Arizona or that country that's north of Buffalo NY, north of North Dakota, well, it takes a certain determination to live here.

It is completely immature to fixate on a typo and then insult / ridicule someone for it.

You have a lot to learn about common manners and decency.

Saying someone is "whiny", when you are the one that behaves like an ass is also a common tactic on the internet.

It is called DEFLECTION and done all the time by people with ZERO manners.

Unless you can contribute something positive to the thread, why not just remain silent, and lay off the bullying.

but that is not in your nature is it?

Yup, like I said. Whiny. Thanks for doubling down on it.

Your posts are boring me to tears now.

It is what it is.

It's the same thing as wanting to increase taxes on the rich but utilizing every tax break available to you. It's the system you operate within and you want the system changed. In the meantime you're looking out for your own best interests within the system. Good for you.

You don't want them in your country yet you will still exploit it to your benefit. Hey, at least you can admit you're a hypocrite. :lol:

Exploit?

I assume he paid them a decent wage for their work.

We see why nothing has been done about the problem which has existed all my life.

Americans don't want those, what did Trump call them, "rapists and murderers"? However, when it comes time to getting really cheep labor, bang, it's "The Great American Way!"

Don't feel bad about being a hypocrite, it appears its part of the national psyche.

Youare assuming they were illegal.

They could have just been unemployed.

Yup, like I said. Whiny. Thanks for doubling down on it.

Your posts are boring me to tears now.

then leave this thread, and quit posting on it. You are being a hypocrite yourself, every time you post, after you said you would not post anymore.

You do not have the temperament to be a moderator. Whoever made that decision, made a wrong one.

You are a cyber bully, that cannot let a typographical error go.

Very childish and immature behavior.

now leave, like you said you would.

Exploit?

I assume he paid them a decent wage for their work.

$85 for 2 hours and 15 minutes work each.

There were 32 railroad ties that were extremely heavy. They put 24 of them in the frame, and the rest in a stack by the garden.

They originally agreed to do it all of $50 each, but after I saw how heavy they were, and how hard they were working, I upped their pay to $80 each, and then gave them $5 each for lunch on the drive back to where I picked them up.

All told, they left with $85 each in their pockets.

Exploiting? How so?

Last edited:

It is what it is.

I will qualify, if these men were licensed and bonded contractors you should not feel a hypocrite because states shouldn't be allowing illegals to get professional licenses.

if were hiring underground labor from people not licensed and bonded and paying unemployment taxes etc. then shame on you.

I will qualify, if these men were licensed and bonded contractors you should not feel a hypocrite because states shouldn't be allowing illegals to get professional licenses.

if were hiring underground labor from people not licensed and bonded and paying unemployment taxes etc. then shame on you.

This whole thread is a big " shame on me ". One I admit.

but....I can hold my head up, because my avatar did not scare the hell out of Stewie on Family Guy. Yours did. Its not nice to frighten little children like your avatar did to Stewie.

$85 for 2 hours and 15 minutes work each.

There were 32 railroad ties that were extremely heavy. They put 24 of them in the frame, and the rest in a stack by the garden.

They originally agreed to do it all of $50 each, but after I saw how heavy they were, and how hard they were working, I upped their pay to $80 each, and then gave them $5 each for lunch on the drive back to where I picked them up.

All told, they left with $85 each in their pockets.

Exploiting? How so?

That was my question for the other poster.

This whole thread is a big " shame on me ". One I admit.

but....I can hold my head up, because my avatar did not scare the hell out of Stewie on Family Guy. Yours did. Its not nice to frighten little children like your avatar did to Stewie.

He is right though.

You should have hired a licensed contractor and waited the three weeks they would take to schedule the 15 minute job you needed done.

What you describe is on a small scale, the problem American businesses
and even the American government face.
People say they do not want the Mexicans here, but they are very useful.
In addition, they have an incredible work ethic, few people work as had as a Mexican.
For the Governments part, they know that someone who is 106 years old, and dead 20 years,
is not working 8 different jobs and paying income and social security taxes on all those jobs,
It is just not convenient to talk about it.

What they are useful at doing is driving down wages. These same four guys could have been on someone's payroll, completed the job and had health insurance, workers comp, been bonded and the whole 9 yards. But, those are liberal policies that drove up the cost of labor and created this black market labor force that is exploited because as someone that is breaking the law, they have no recourse if they are not treated fairly.

longview;10 65945680 said:
What you describe is on a small scale, the problem American businesses
and even the American government face.
People say they do not want the Mexicans here, but they are very useful.
In addition, they have an incredible work ethic, few people work as had as a Mexican.
For the Governments part, they know that someone who is 106 years old, and dead 20 years,
is not working 8 different jobs and paying income and social security taxes on all those jobs,
It is just not convenient to talk about it.

They really do. I have yet to meet an H2A worker that didn't work their ass off, good people too. To me it's why we need to let hard working immigrants into this country. We need a little competition to keep from getting soft.

Back
Top Bottom