• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Don't Pay the National Debt!

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I am far from being an expert on the statistics and financial figures concerning our economy, and more precisely on our National Debt. But I am politically savvy enough to recognize the liberal intent to further undermine the Bush administration and America’s global standing, by their red herring approach of voicing dire concern over this burgeoning National Debt issue.
Rather than embrace and acknowledge the growing freedoms and new Democratic government in Iraq, or the booming American economy and real estate market, replete with thousands upon thousands of old and new sector jobs alike--with a projected 26% growth in construction related jobs for the upcoming months--the liberals have decided to dust off their old foul smelling red herring play book to scream and insist that we focus all attention to paying down our National Debt.
In case you haven’t noticed, priorities for the liberal media and for liberals in general have never been to accentuate anything good for which America stands, or for it’s accomplishments, or for it’s good deeds worldwide. You won’t hear a liberal praising the aforementioned economic progress (especially when done during a Republican administration). In short, good news for America means doom and gloom for a liberal. The liberal playbook calls for a repeated ‘end around’ the American front line by handing off their weathered ball to the anti American team consisting of media and foreign enemy alike. Their objective isn’t to win at anything--it’s to fumble the ball and lose the game in the first quarter.
I have never seen or heard of a liberal act or plan that would strengthen America; only words and acts that undermine our military prowess and our strong standing in the world today. I figure until each liberal gets out of bed with our foreign and national enemies--they will continue to lose ground at the polls.
Back to this National Debt: I want to thank the two fine gentlemen that provided figures and the entities to whom America owes this tremendous foreign and public debt. While I won’t dispute the $$ figures owed to Japan and to China--I do question how it is that we owe both those countries any money at all. How and why would Japan and China loan America billions of dollars? Why would America ask for billions from those countries? Seems to me that our government gets more than enough money from the high rate of taxes leveled out to it’s own citizens. Asking for loans from a former enemy (Japan) and a probable future enemy (China) seems to be an unlikely policy, unless of course America was just rope-a-doping them along with no intentions of ever paying back the debt (which would be my policy). Owing billions to Japan and China doesn’t make sense to me, considering we have been doling out approximately 4 billion a year to Israel in foreign aid. Wouldn’t or shouldn’t America’s foreign aid policy be to first pay off China and Japan, rather than dispersing billions of free money to another country in the form of a ’Good Neighbor’ policy package?
One of those fine gentlemen said that much of the public debt was owed to corporations and to private individuals. I can only surmise that it was rich senators like Kerry and Kennedy that had given millions to our government to help pay down our national debt. I know for a fact that both Kerry and Kennedy have been overly concerned that our National Debt was too large. Again, what confuses me here is if Kerry and Kennedy gave millions to help pay down the National Debt in the form of a loan to our government--how would the National Debt decrease if Uncle Sam is forced to pay back the exact same original loan amount to Kerry and Kennedy? I would think the National Debt would increase if Uncle Sam pays back the two Massachusetts senators with compounded interest.
I bet the Debt would decrease exponentially if Uncle Sam were to cut off the millions going to Robert Byrd (the ranking Democrat senator) for his service dedication in the form of many statues, memorials etc that populate the state of West Virginia. Just a thought on how to save a penny or two.
The interest alone on the tens of billions owed to Japan and China must be staggering. I say don’t pay them, after all they are a former and probable future enemy of America. I say we can take them both on together in a fight, and win. All bets are off if liberal Ramsey Clarke gets Saddam off, or if Saddam escapes jail and hooks up with Bin Laden to strengthen their terrorist network, and in turn, the two team up with Japan and China.
Hasn’t it always been the liberal mantra to blame America’s corporate world for all perceived economic woes? Haven’t we heard liberal America scream out ’corporate welfare’, ’tax loopholes’, and ’the rich get richer while the poor get poorer’? Well, according to the fine gentleman that provided the public entities that loaned money to our government--corporations were among the mentioned altruists. I wonder if Halliburton was one of those corporations giving or loaning money to our in-debt government?
I find this somewhat ironic and intriguing that any liberal would perhaps be willing to agree to a tax hike for the American working class people, in order to help pay down our National Debt--with perhaps the first priority being to pay off all of Halliburton’s good-natured loans to Uncle Sam. Have any of you liberal tax enthusiasts discussed this brilliant plan with Dick Cheney? Methinks Dick Cheney might just step out from his conservative philosophy this time to honor such a tax raising plan.

Timmykid

ptsdkid said:
Asking for loans from a former enemy (Japan)

So what? Japan is a current ally, and just about every country in the world except maybe Switzerland is our "former enemy."

ptsdkid said:
and a probable future enemy (China)

China is probably NOT a future enemy BECAUSE of our economic integration. What would China have to gain by being openly hostile to the United States?

ptsdkid said:
seems to be an unlikely policy, unless of course America was just rope-a-doping them along with no intentions of ever paying back the debt (which would be my policy).

And destroy our nation's credit? Yeah, that's a great policy. And by great, I mean devastating.

ptsdkid said:
Owing billions to Japan and China doesn’t make sense to me, considering we have been doling out approximately 4 billion a year to Israel in foreign aid. Wouldn’t or shouldn’t America’s foreign aid policy be to first pay off China and Japan, rather than dispersing billions of free money to another country in the form of a ’Good Neighbor’ policy package?

I agree that we should cut our foreign aid spending, but that's a separate issue from the national debt owed to China and Japan since we could just as easily find the money in lots of other places.

ptsdkid said:
One of those fine gentlemen said that much of the public debt was owed to corporations and to private individuals. I can only surmise that it was rich senators like Kerry and Kennedy that had given millions to our government to help pay down our national debt. I know for a fact that both Kerry and Kennedy have been overly concerned that our National Debt was too large. Again, what confuses me here is if Kerry and Kennedy gave millions to help pay down the National Debt in the form of a loan to our government--how would the National Debt decrease if Uncle Sam is forced to pay back the exact same original loan amount to Kerry and Kennedy? I would think the National Debt would increase if Uncle Sam pays back the two Massachusetts senators with compounded interest.

So everyone who is concerned about the national debt should be expected to give every dime they own to paying it down? That doesn't make any sense. This is a national problem, not a personal problem. It would be like saying that everyone concerned with crime needs to try and imprison criminals themselves.

ptsdkid said:
I bet the Debt would decrease exponentially if Uncle Sam were to cut off the millions going to Robert Byrd (the ranking Democrat senator) for his service dedication in the form of many statues, memorials etc that populate the state of West Virginia. Just a thought on how to save a penny or two.

Agreed. Pork barrel spending is out of control and needs to be reined in immediately.

ptsdkid said:
The interest alone on the tens of billions owed to Japan and China must be staggering. I say don’t pay them, after all they are a former and probable future enemy of America.

So we'd destroy not only our own economy, but also the Chinese and Japanese economy, and therefore the European and other Asian economies as well. Yeah, that's brilliant.

ptsdkid said:
I say we can take them both on together in a fight, and win. All bets are off if liberal Ramsey Clarke gets Saddam off, or if Saddam escapes jail and hooks up with Bin Laden to strengthen their terrorist network, and in turn, the two team up with Japan and China.

Wow. You have some shockingly uninformed foreign policy views.

Back
Top Bottom