• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't Look Now But Washington D.C. May Actually Reform Civil Asset Forfeiture

Yeah, and Obama is going to close Gitmo.

Yeah, I know, but... at least somebody in a position of power has the backbone to stand up and say something about it.

That's true. Sometimes I am too cynical for my own good.

I see there are efforts to repeal AUMF and the unpatriot act. I wish them the best, and thank them for their efforts, but I'm not holding my breath. The system is just too corrupt. :(

That's true. Sometimes I am too cynical for my own good.

I see there are efforts to repeal AUMF and the unpatriot act. I wish them the best, and thank them for their efforts, but I'm not holding my breath. The system is just too corrupt. :(

Too many people still view LE as being pure and selfless and are gullible enough to buy into the "useful tool for LE" crap.

Dream on.

Demonstrably, where the law makes it easy and profitable for police to pursue forfeiture, law enforcement priorities shift from combating crime to fundraising.

Money is god and America is his holy temple.

Civil asset forfeiture should be outlawed federally and in every state. However, criminal forfeiture should be kept and applied to illegals to fund their deportations.

Last edited:
Don't Look Now But Washington D.C. May Actually Reform Civil Asset Forfeiture

Don't Look Now But Washington D.C. May Actually Reform Civil Asset Forfeiture - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Its step in the right direction but civil asset forfeiture should be illegal period.Asset forfeiture should not happen until after a guilty conviction of the accused has happened and it was proven in a criminal court that money and or property was obtained illegally, with illegal funds or as a result of illegal activity.

I'm glad that the issue will be raised. I'd like to see the Supremes rule it unconstitutional (which it is) so it can be eliminated at all levels of government. Too many government agencies benefit from it now for it to be eliminated permanently and completely via legislation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom