• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't look now, but crude now under $100/bbl

I hope it happens soon, but my sense is that this from lower demand from people just skipping summer vacations.

Wow, I can't believe Joe Biden caused global gas prices to fall. Good job Joe (y)

Wow, I can't believe Joe Biden caused global gas prices to fall. Good job Joe (y)
i doubt it's his doing, but we'll see what happens. my gut feeling is that this is due to the fact that we're officially in recession. Oil is going to crash, and no one is going to have a job to go to.

Data lags. They are coming out towards end of this month which means right now we are in recession. The oil tumbling below $100 is confirmation that the data will confirm what the $100 oil is telling us. Brush up on Econ 101 please. It will help us both. Thx.
Recession is 2 quarters. The end of this month (July) is not the end of a quarter.

So oil dropping below $100/bbl is an indication of a recession?

i doubt it's his doing, but we'll see what happens. my gut feeling is that this is due to the fact that we're officially in recession. Oil is going to crash, and no one is going to have a job to go to.
We’re not in a recession.

a recession is 2 quarters of negative gdp growth. We've had that. That's a recession. We are in a recession.

We have? Where? Where is that 2nd Q of negative growth at? Not seeing it.

1657128788418.png

Wh

That was the one weird trick Trump used for cheap gas in 2020.

Back
Top Bottom