• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't let anybody tell you that corporations and businesses create jobs.

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Who said that scarey stoopid sh$t?

any gueeses????

any gueeses????

Well, of course. Everyone knows that. Who's the largest employer in the United States of America?? The government, of course!!

Wait.....

Demand creates jobs.

Businesses that create jobs for which there is no demand don't stay in business very long.

any gueeses????

This belongs either in the rubric "Religion" or "Conspiracy Theories".

Demand creates jobs.

Businesses that create jobs for which there is no demand don't stay in business very long.

Nonsense. If entrepreneurs waited around for the demand fairy to show up before starting a business or creating a new product then we wouldn't have products like the PC, the cell phone, Blu ray players, etc.

Free enterprise creates jobs. Investors taking risk on new innovation creates jobs.

Demand creates jobs.

in a basic sense, products and services create demand, Businesses create products or perform services.

thus, successful businesses create jobs.

Nonsense. If entrepreneurs waited around for the demand fairy to show up before starting a business or creating a new product then we wouldn't have products like the PC, the cell phone, Blu ray players, etc.

Free enterprise creates jobs. Investors taking risk on new innovation creates jobs.

There was demand for better portable means of communication long before the cell phone. Same for all of the examples you listed.

in a basic sense, products and services create demand, Businesses create products or perform services.

thus, successful businesses create jobs.
Exactly, but I can't stress how extremely important that seemingly hair splitting difference is.

I commuted to NYC yesterday. Wonder where all those people were going since businesses don't create jobs? LOL
Must all work for the city. HAR HAR

any gueeses????

Of course they create jobs. I don't know what you're talking about. Where do you think everyone is working for the government to tax to run? We also create a lot of jobs overseas, and this has been the bigger problem. We can't do free trade with countries of unequal economies and environmental regulations because the jobs will just be shipped over there and the profits will got to investors, banks, and executives.

You don't think all that stuff that says "Made in China" magically appears from fairies, do you?

Demand creates jobs.

And demand doesn't necessitate that the jobs will appear. I'm sure there are plenty of people in Africa that demand a little bit of modernization but somehow it's not magically appearing. Huh, imagine that.

Entrepreneurs create innovation but if there is no demand for what they create there will be no jobs. Just a broke and failed entrepreneur.

And demand doesn't necessitate that the jobs will appear. I'm sure there are plenty of people in Africa that demand a little bit of modernization but somehow it's not magically appearing. Huh, imagine that.

True, good point, you need demand and people with money to purchase what they demand.

Well put.

I'll meet you in the middle. Demand and investment, be it time/effort, or capital, creates jobs.

True, good point, you need demand and people with money to purchase what they demand.

Exactly.

And that's why this hair splitting point is key.

Exactly.

And that's why this hair splitting point is key.

True, but I think the core of this argument is that Capitalists seem to think the Owners and businesses are the sole creators of jobs, the reality there is a lot of requirements to creating jobs, they are just a cog in the machine. In the end though without demand its a non-starter.

And sorry liberals, government jobs are negative jobs. It takes jobs to pay the taxes that government uses to "Create jobs" it is incredibly inefficient and a net loss to the economy.

Jobs are created by other nations.

True, but I think the core of this argument is that Capitalists seem to think the Owners and businesses are the sole creators of jobs, the reality there is a lot of requirements to creating jobs, they are just a cog in the machine. In the end though without demand its a non-starter.

And sorry liberals, government jobs are negative jobs. It takes jobs to pay the taxes that government uses to "Create jobs" it is incredibly inefficient and a net loss to the economy.

The business owner is one third of the equation, with demand being the other two thirds. Demand gets split into two parts. Which is to say, the want, as in, do people want it, and ability to pay/procure. Both are equally important.

Well put.

I'll meet you in the middle. Demand and investment, be it time/effort, or capital, creates jobs.

Yes, you need demand to sustain but the demand also has to be monied individuals or it also won't sustain. Sometimes, and this is where R&D and invention comes into play, there is a demand that no one even knows exists yet. So I would go with business, and the financial backers create the seed of jobs, and demand acts like water and fertile soil where the jobs grow and flourish.

Back
Top Bottom